Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Swap of 2021 ALL RECEIVED! CLOSED.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MuseAndSew

Re: Christmas Swap of 2021 Let the Christmas sewing fun begin!!

Post by MuseAndSew » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:11 pm

Yea! Glad my blocks got there okay! This will be a fun quilt!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:08 am

I'm anxious to get these festive blocks in my hands! After all the Halloween sewing I've been doing, I'm ready for some Christmas excitement! One can never have too many Christmas quilts!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:28 pm

I was making pretty good progress earlier but needed to take Jazmyne into town and then a weird storm hit. In town it flooded and we even had a couple microbursts and trees are uprooted and roofs are torn off. We've been having lightening for hours so I had to unplug. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Holly is going to help me do my letters on my cricut this weekend so I want to have everything else sewn down by then.

How's everyone else doing? 12 days until mailing to me deadline of September 9th.

Tina

gershwin64

Re: Christmas Swap of 2021 please mail to me by September 9th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:36 pm

My mailbox runneth over today! Beautiful blocks!
Sharona, your pretty stocking blocks arrived today. I'm so glad we use ziplocks for our blocks, someone either ran over your envelope or I'm not sure. It has a note from the postal service that says received in damaged condition at my end I'm thinking. Thankfully it was just the outside of the envelope. Total relief here!
Lori, your pretty blocks also arrived today! They kept Sharona's company in my mailbox. Hmmmmmm wonder how far they traveled together 😊 thank you for the lovely fabric, I've never seen any like that before!

11 days till the mailing to me deadline. Make sure you send me your tracking number by the 9th of September so I know they're on their way to join all these other lovelies 🥰

I've made quite a bit of progress on mine. Dad wants me to go with him to church tomorrow, it's about an 80 minute drive each direction so I won't get back to mine till tomorrow afternoon.
How are the rest of you doing?
Tina

womster

Post by womster » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:53 am

Goodness! What an exciting journey my blocks must have been on. I personally handed it to the post office guy - I wonder where they got run over! I'm very thankful they arrived unharmed. I forgot to mention that the stockings are supposed to look like they're hanging on the mantle. Lori - so glad your blocks were there to comfort mine. HA!

Did you hear anything more about your microburst? That sounded very scary. Enjoy church with your dad. Thanks for letting me know they arrived.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:58 am

Sounds like my blocks were in good company Sharona.

Tina, I saw that fabric at quilt shop in our local mountains. I thought it would make a great binding. Hope you can use it. Thanks for hosting the swap.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:54 pm

Sharona, no we haven't heard a peep on the news or anything.... kinda weird. I think we're too small town for them to bother.
Lori, oh that will make a great binding, cool! Thanks!

11 days left till September 9th, the mailing from you with tracking info deadline.

Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 am

TINA - that surprise storm must have been scary! Glad you all are OK. Those blocks must have taken a wild ride to get to you! Sometimes I wonder if even a Ziplock is enough protection. I always make sure my name and address - or yours - is also on the ziplock just in case the envelope gets lost. My quilting magazine arrived a few weeks back with half the cover gone. Call me a skeptic but I don't trust the USPS.

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:02 am

Mailing Christmas Blocks today!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:33 am

Mary, that's for sure, the USPS isn't what it used to be. Thankfully Sharona put our names on an index card inside the ziplock with the blocks. I had an idea about that....I print my labels at home so it would work this way just not sure about if they're taken to the PO.... when I print my label I was thinking to add my tracking number inside with the address card for that just in case thing.... then the PO would know that they're paid for and also it'll all be there with the blocks.
Yay Carolyn, I'll be watching for them 😊😊

I'm working on mine 😊😊

Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”