Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Swap of 2021 ALL RECEIVED! CLOSED.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
cupcake

Re: Christmas Swap of 2021 please mail to me by September 9th

Post by cupcake » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:15 pm

Mailed. Should arrive Friday. I have tracking receipt

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:21 pm

Hi all my Christmas swapping peeps! 🎅🤶🎅🤶
I've been doing laundry all day, 7 loads! The last is in the washer now.

I'm still sewing down, I should've rounded my snow instead of the ups and down thingies LOL oh well, just taking a little longer than I thought. I may have to just print North Pole on my signs, depends on time.

How are you all doing?
We have 9 sets sitting at my house.

9 days left till I need your tracking number showing you've mailed.
Tina

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:00 pm

Tina- wow lots going on at your house. I'm glad you were okay with the storm. I love your North Pole blocks.
Amazing ride Sharona with your blocks. I'm so glad they were okay. Looks like Christmas will be heading our way fairly soon. :)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:25 am

Carolyn, I received your cute blocks today! Thank you for the charms and charm pack ❤

I'm still sewing my snow down.

7 days left until I need your tracking number showing you've mailed out by the 9th please.

Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:55 am

Hello everyone - I am really not trying to play cat and mouse or hide and seek. It's just that many times I get on the laptop and either get distracted and the next thing I know hours have gone by or I have fallen asleep from a pain pill hense I make a bee line to the sewing machine and get moving again.

My progress is moving along. Again I got on the laptop to post and I got sidetracked finding an easier quicker Halloween block and didn't finish the Christmas blocks. Almost there. Will finish after therapy today as I have just 5 mitered corners to do, package them all up and get them in the mail Saturday or Monday for sure.

Everyones blocks are so splendidly festive. I sure hope you like mine. I knew I would never finish the trees so I switched to a block I knew I would be able to finish for sure.

I have plans to finish the trees for next year's Christmas Swap but we all know what the Lord thinks of our plans. I hope I will be here as I know we all do.
This way there is NO STRESS :) :) :)

Merry Stitching!!!!

I hope you all get a chance to go see the Lotto for September. I made it a very easy one. Pinwheels. Feel free to use 4.75" - or 5" Sq's if you already have some cut. The last of the summer months. Schools are still starting and I pray all will go well for every child.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:28 am

Teresa, what block did you end up making?

Well I just finished sewing all mine down. I think I'll just write North Pole with permanent marker and iron it to set it.

I have Irish's tracking number! 🎉

6 days until tracking deadline to me, the 9th.

Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Looks like we're coming down to the wire on this year's Christmas swap. Don't forget - if you are planning to mail on Monday, it's a holiday.

Teresa, so which block did you end up doing?

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:40 am

Yep Monday is a holiday, no mail that day. I had that figured in when I set mailing deadline for the 9th though 😊

Only 5 days left till that mailing to me deadline.

Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:48 am

YEA - In the mail today!!! 9505 5148 6997 1247 4004 44 - They will get to Tina by the 9th - Whew!!!
Since you have asked sew sweetly what block I ended up making, here it is. Hope you like.
I am shaking up my Snowglobe very gently dreaming of the Christmas Tree and ornaments I see.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:06 am

Thank you Teresa. Your snow glove is pretty.

Well I've heard from everyone now or have their blocks so as soon as I receive I'll sort and send back.

This has been a fun swap and I really appreciate each and everyone of you making it that way. These blocks will make a great Christmas quilt or like me I'll be adding them to blocks from previous years to make a bigger quilt....I need 1 king size and 1 queen size for my kids beds to decorate. I decorate the beds in my house with Christmas quilts every year and they want to do that to theirs too, sooooo I'll be making Christmas quilts for grandkids beds as I can with future swaps! They all love all the blocks that everyone makes. Thank you ❤
Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”