Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JUNE Lotto - Eleanors Birthday Star WITH a TWIST - see picture

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

JUNE Lotto - Eleanors Birthday Star WITH a TWIST - see picture

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:12 am

Hello Pals!!!!!
Thank you all for a wonderful Lotto Month. Your blocks are very Festive and will make a lovely quilt. Eager to see how this one will be put together by the winner โ€ฆ. Who is!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO Maryz!!!!

Hello everyone - Please let me apologize for being off in the choosing of how many winners have been picked in the past months vs blocks sent in. I hope you will give the Lotto and my better decision making another chance and join us for some FUN!! The Lotto is a great place to practice making old and new blocks with the hopes of Winning enough blocks for a Lap Quilt after you add borders and/or sashings. Please feel free to give me your feed back as I strive to make this a FUN place for everyone.
THANK YOU. I look forward to seeing more of you this month.
Welcome everyone to our PATRIOTIC Month. A time when we stitch some blocks to share how you celebrate your FUN and FESTIVITES of the 4th of July so dig through your stash for some Red, Whites and Blue's and let's have some FUN making EL's Birthday Block - "WITH a TWIST"!!!
The twist is using Red's (left) and Blue's (right) in your FG so it looks like a Friendship Block.
I am also giving you the option on how you want your 6.5" center Square to look like. Do you have food, fireworks, words, streamers, flowers, kites, balloons, toys, etc fabrics? You could also choose a 4-patch, Star, Snowball, Friendship, OR a dog, cat, food, fireworks. Anything that you would have near you on the 4th of July
etc ... LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!

Please as always strive to work on your points and your 1/4" seams on the edges of your block.

FABRICS: "PATRIOTIC" PRINT Fabrics * Please NO SOLIDS or fabrics that read SOLID, Thank you :)
SIZE: 12.5" Square: Cut the following sizes
* 6.5" Sq - Center; ANY STYLE. Can be one piece or a 4-patch, Star, Snowball, Friendship OR a dog, cat, food, fireworks, etc ... Anything that you would have near you on the 4th of July

* 6.5" x 3.5" Rectangle" Flying Geese:
White on White for the center. Sew Red 3.5"(left side) and Blue 3.5" (right side). Draw a line down the middle of Sq, place in the corner and stitch just a tick to the the right of the line. Trim after stitching. DO NOT undercut!!!

* 3.5" Square - Corners:

REMEMBER: CLICK PICTURE to see PLACEMENT for PIECES.Image

MAILING - - - - Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH block pinned or stitched on the corner.
* Send ALL blocks in one baggie
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon as possible.
* For every month please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks to the WINNERs - YEA!!!

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each 12.5" block you send
* 1 ticket = if your NAME is on the FRONT top corner of the block or the set of blocks
* 1 ticket = if you have added money to your bag. (Please remember to do this as Kitty is very LOW)

MePeace - Katy ... 2 blks
TeresaK - Teresa ... 2 blks
Quiltgram 8 - Velda ... 4 blks
Maryz - Mary ... 4 blks
Last edited by TeresaK on Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 13 times in total.

QuiltGram8

Re: JUNE Lotto - Eleanors Birthday Star WITH a TWIST - see picture

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:44 am

Count me in. Will look through what fabrics I have. Going to visit my new Marine on Friday. They have a Joanne's and Hobby Lobby, so I will pick up a few new fabrics. We lost our LQS here, have to drive a bit to get to fabric store so will take advantage of this visit.
๐Ÿค— Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:32 am

Welcome Velda. Happy to see you join us.

Who is this new Marine you are visiting? Does he dance ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰. Sorry to hear you lost your LQS but great timing for a visit to pick up some Patriotic ones.

We lost Debbieโ€™s in Tehachapi but still have 5 Hearts. Itโ€™s a good store but not as good as Debbieโ€™s.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:23 pm

Our new Marine is our grandson. His sister also enlisted, she leaves December 13. DGS graduated boot camp December 30, 2020. Never had leave time, due to Covid. Haven't seen him since last September. It will be happy visit.
Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:14 pm

Thank you Teresa! Would love to win enough to make a whole quilt! Especially in red white and blue. Was just thinking yesterday I need more red white and blue for summer decorating at our house. So I will go through my fabrics and see what I can come up with๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 am

My month is too busy this time around. Maybe next month.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Found some cute fabrics today.

Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Wonderful Maryz!! Hope you find some that will work festively ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Donโ€™t forget your center can represent any item that would be with you. i.e dogs, cats, food, streamers, balloons, firecrackers and the list goes on.

Velda - Hope your family visit have you many memories to treasure I โค๏ธ your fabrics that you texted me!!!
I will delete the tutorial and add measurements of making geese the traditional way.
With this being said I have not experimented with making a red half and a blue half, then sewing those together to have a geese with a red and blue on the wings and white in the center.
In my honest opinion for this block it is easier the make the traditional way as I had more control of making sure the red and blue were on the correct sides

Now that was really wordy. Guess I can be wore out table on ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Will totally miss you Valerie!!! May you have enough time to work and finish your other projects and life happenings

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:07 pm

When I made my flying geese blocks with El's method and her ruler, I learn by trial, that, I needed to use one feature fabric( mine was red) as 9" square, then 7 1/2" square was my white or mostly white choice. Then I made a second set with the coordinating fabric (mine was blue). In the second step you use one half red and white and the other half is blue and white so you are making 8 flying geese altogether. After trimming with El's flying geese rulers, you end up with enough for making two blocks. This way the star points are like Teresa's, red and blue points.
After I made those, I then decided how I will make my center square and which fabrics I want for the corners.
After my lunch, I will put my two blocks together. Then I can post pictures to show here.

Image]

Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Wonderful Velda!!!!! Thanks for experimenting with Elโ€™s way to make your geeseโ€™s ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

Love your fabrics, placements and just overall FUN!!!! Canโ€™t wait to see them in person. Received your text and will do as you wish.

Return to โ€œSwaps, Round Robins, BOMโ€