Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UFO contest - May through August

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

UFO contest - May through August

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 01, 2021 6:18 am

Welcome to a new session of UFO's. As of today, any UFO purchased before today, will count. To participate, you must complete the quilt starting today and moving forward through August 31! Doesn't matter when you started it. Winner will be the person who posts the most completed.

Completed = pieced (or appliqued or however you put it together), quilted and bound. We like to know a bit about the quilt but it is not mandatory. Posted means a picture in this thread. If you need help posting, please contact me.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Re: UFO contest - May through August

Post by TeresaK » Thu May 06, 2021 3:36 am

Definitely not understanding but my mind is fmddle with a couple of pain pills from Facet Shots I had today. Took a nap when we got home which is why I am still wide awake.

As of MAY 1st, any UFO purchased before MAY 1st, will count.
*** I thought we were NOT purchasing any kits, fabrics and/or patterns since JANUARY 1st???? You were to use up the stashes any quilts that need to be FINISHED. Hmmm ??

To participate, you must complete the quilt starting MAY 1st and moving forward through August 31!
*** What about all the UFO's we have still to FINISH since JANUARY 1st?? I know I have plenty that I would dearly LOVE to still get to. Are you saying that they don't count because on the next line you say this next sentence???

Doesn't matter when you started it.
*** Almost sounds like it does matter when you start it.

Need to stop here. My Sprained wrist from the Fall is starting to reject me. Need ice and bed.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Again it could be my muddled brain.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu May 06, 2021 3:41 am

P.S. Quick note: I sure hope more of you will join us for 1/2 blocks for the Lotto. It is definitely worth it IF YOU WIN!!!

THANK YOU Velda for joining me. Izzy and Valerie made mention of it as well so I do hope you will be able to make this block.
It is a quick one but you definitely need to watch you .25" side seams.

I LOOK forward to seeing all your quilts. ENJOY!!!

Thursday May 6th ....
Thank you Valerie for joining us. Excited to see which fabrics you choose 🦋🙏👍❤️
Last edited by TeresaK on Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 06, 2021 6:25 am

As of MAY 1st, any UFO purchased before MAY 1st, will count.
*** I thought we were NOT purchasing any kits, fabrics and/or patterns since JANUARY 1st???? You were to use up the stashes any quilts that need to be FINISHED. Hmmm ?? Yes, if purchased before May 1 it will count. We changed a few things to account for those with only a few UFO'S.

To participate, you must complete the quilt starting MAY 1st and moving forward through August 31!
*** What about all the UFO's we have still to FINISH since JANUARY 1st?? I know I have plenty that I would dearly LOVE to still get to. Are you saying that they don't count because on the next line you say this next sentence???Yes they will count if you finish them between May 1 and August 31

Doesn't matter when you started it.
*** Almost sounds like it does matter when you start it.Start date not important, end date that counts

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu May 06, 2021 9:48 am

Thank Valerie. I have been trying to keep up with the rules so your explanation made things clear. Much appreciated.

Thank you for joining us this month for the Lotto. Excited to see the FABs you will pick
Last edited by TeresaK on Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 10, 2021 5:04 pm

1st quilt done for this session.

1. IZZY May 10, 2021 Grad Gone
Fishing
2. VALERIE May 14, 2021 Hummingbird
3. MARYZ - May 23. Halloween Tablerunner
4. MARYQ May 25 Falling Charms
5. IZZY May 27 Medal Quilt
Last edited by WeSignificant on Fri May 28, 2021 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 15, 2021 5:12 am

Moving it up

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 23, 2021 3:17 pm

Do tablerunners count? This runner measures 13“ x 40“. The pattern was a gift from my secret Santa. I backed it with fall leaves fabric so I can just put it out in fall and flip it over for Halloween.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Very cute Mary

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 24, 2021 7:24 am

Hey Look..

I actually finished one! This is one I started a few years back. The Fabric is Eleanor's, though now I can't remember the name of it. The Pattern is "Falling Charms" Viv quilted it for me, so she gets 1/2 the credit :lol: This is the first of 4 that I brought back from Wisconsin on my latest trip. I have finished a 2nd one, but haven't photo'd yet. Hopefully today, while Mr. Maytag does his thing... I can get the binding attached on the 3rd and 4th ones.. Then I'll be caught up for a little while.. .

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”