Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MAY Lotto - SPRINGTIME FLOWERS - THE WINNER is ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

MAY Lotto - SPRINGTIME FLOWERS - THE WINNER is ...

Post by TeresaK » Sat May 01, 2021 3:04 am

Thank you Velda and Valerie for making and sending such sweet blocks this month. I LOVE ❤️ playing with Flowers 💐
Our neighbor’s little boy picked the winning ticket 🎫 Our WINNER this MONTH is ....

VELDA - CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🎈🎊!!!!
Have a great time playing and sewing these blocks together. They will make a sweet lap quilt for someone special 👍🤗❤️🤗

Welcome everyone to May Flowers Lotto Month!! I told you that April showers bring May Flowers and I hope I did not disappoint anyone. I Love this block. It’s an easy one but watch out for ending 1/4” seam allowances and scant stitching first. Please make a sample first to get your measurements right. Trim each section carefully giving you a 12.5” block with beautiful 1/4” seams at the end. I do hope you all enjoy the Block
Image Image3 different sections of 4.5" unfinished. Do not undercut your sections or you won’t get a 12.5” sq.

FABRICS: Flowers and Coordinating Fabrics; Please No Solids. Prints are more festive for Springtime
BACKGROUND: Soft White on White
SIZE: 12.5" Sq (Not a forgiving block so please cut a bit bigger (use Scant .25" first on your sample please)

CENTER SIDE sections:
Cut (4) 4.5/8” Flower fabric. Sew a 2.5/8” Sq. of Bkgd fabric to each corner. Trim evenly to 4.5”

CORNER LEAF sections:
Cut (4) 2.5”sq's each of Leaf and Bkgd fabrics
Cut (2) 3”sqs, draw line down each center, stitch Semi Scant on opposite sides leaving big enough seams on each side when you cut down center, open and iron to the dark side to make (4) 2.5” HSTs
TIP: Cut 4.5"sq of Bkgd and Flower fabrics, right sides together; sew scant 1/4” seam around the edge and cut diagonally to get (4) HSTs for the whole block.
Stitch sections together. Trim to 4.5”sq.
Be back with #

CENTER FLOWER section:
Cut (4) 4 5/8”sqs of Bkgd fabric; Cut (4) 2” flower fabric. Sew to corners. Trim evenly to 4.5”sq

See picture for placement and fabric changes for 2nd block. You do not have to use the same Flower fabric as in 1st block, only if you have some, but I would like the center to be Flowers with coordinating SPRINGTIME fabrics

MAILING - - - - Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH block pinned or stitched on the corner.
* Send ALL blocks in one baggie
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon as possible.
* For every month could you please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks. Your judgement call on how much depend on how many blocks you make and how much you want to WIN :) :)

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each 12.5" block you send
* 1 ticket = if your NAME is on the FRONT top corner of the block or the set of blocks
* 1 ticket = if you have added money to your bag. (Please remember to do this as Kitty is very LOW)

ARRIVED ——-
QuiltGram8 - Velda ... Velda ... 2 blocks + pic
TeresaK - Teresa ... 2 blocks

MAILED
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 4 blocks + pic
Last edited by TeresaK on Fri May 28, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 17 times in total.

billizzy

Re: MAY Lotto - FLOWERS

Post by billizzy » Sat May 01, 2021 8:44 am

Love this block🥰
🐐izzy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 01, 2021 9:33 am

Is there a pattern or instructions somewhere?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat May 01, 2021 9:44 am

Wonderful Izzy. Hope you can join us this month

Valerie. I got the pattern on Etsy from Creek Side Stitches for $4.87 BUT they had to mail it to me. Grrr
So I waiting and tried to figure out if there is another name for it. Was looking for a name someone else used but couldn’t find anyone so I wrote the instructions myself.
I should have done it in Word because I lost everything when I hit submit. QIAD had logged me out and I couldn’t get back to where I was.
I will do it up today and post it. It is pretty easy. Each section is 4.5”

INSTRUCTIONS are up and RUNNING. Please let me know if you need assistance. Still trying to find the inside paper of instructions UGH!!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Thu May 06, 2021 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:41 am

I’ll need to bow out for this month I’m afraid as I’m super busy and also away for a period of time this month.
Hope to get playing again with you all next month!
Happy sewing ladies 🤩❤️

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun May 02, 2021 6:47 pm

I am choosing some fabrics. Guess I will jump in this month. Looks like a fun block. Good choice, Teresa!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:51 am

I have two blocks to enter. Will get them in the mail soon.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 pm

Teresa: As you request, here is tracking number for my two blocks mailed today.

9500 1115 9877 1125 2710 33
Expected delivery: 5/10/2021

Velda

PS: Am I suppose to post pictures?

HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 am

Jacquie - so sorry to loose you this month but I know that life doesn't always revolve around the Lotto. Be safe and well and traveling mercies said for you and your family.

Velda - YES I always LOVE Pictures and you get an extra ticket for it unless I mistakenly took it out. THANK YOU so much for sharing your delightful creative blocks.
LOVE your fabrics and Blocks especially the bottom one. I could just lay down on the flowers for sure. Thrilled again you were able to join us. What a treat it is for me and the other Lotto Angels.

Valerie - The instructions are up top and you can get a better picture from the blocks Velda posted. In my instructions I had you cut a bit bigger because this is an unforgiving block. You need to
sure all the sections are NOT UNDER 4.5 each
ENJOY!!!!

WeSignificant

Re: MAY Lotto - SPRINGTIME FLOWERS

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 06, 2021 6:18 am

I will try to get some done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”