Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MARCH LOTTO - Grandma's Star - The LUCKY WINNERS this month are ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

MARCH LOTTO - Grandma's Star - The LUCKY WINNERS this month are ...

Post by TeresaK » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:10 am

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who joined this month. It was a huge success. Everyone made beautiful green and gold with some added extra colors that will be lovely together. I am so eager to see what the WINNERS make.
3 WINNER’S this month with 8 blocks going to them. It is an easy block to make either 1 or 4 more depending on how big you would like them. I know you will ❤️ them ALL!!!
So DRUMROLL PLEASE ..........
Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 go to

Jacquie, Katy and Maryz!!!!!

While the shamrock remains a common symbol linked to Ireland, the four-leaf clover has emerged as a sign of good luck. Do YOU feel LUCKY this month???

Hello Everyone!!! Welcome to the Month of March's Lotto!!! This month we will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day and my Grandson, Spencer's 12th Birthday which is an added bonus. WOW - 12 yrs how time has flown by. Speaking of time, this month is also Daylight Saving Time on March 14th. This I like because it stays lighter around dinner time. Could never get used to it being so dark :) :)

The Block is Grandma's Star, also called the Garden Walk.
The written instructions are located in QIADs Egg Money Quilt book or watch the tutorial and write down the measurements for the cutting. Here is the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLS9jYSeD4M
You have made this one before and it had a huge turnout so I hope for it again. Many making 1-2 blocks makes for a great lotto and not heavy on the purse.

The only rules are ...
* to have FUN and to
* stitch and send a 12.5" block that you would like someone to make for you
* have it in my mailbox by the last day of the month which means stitch, send and mail early.

COLORS: Greens and Golds/Medium Yellows
BACKGROUND: Tone on Tone White
TYPE: Prints and Tone on Tones reading Green/Gold. Shamrocks, polka dots, swirls etc ....
NO Fabrics that read SOLID PleaseImage

**********************************************************************************************
MAILING - - - - Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH set of 4 blocks pinned or stitched on the corner.
* Send ALL sets of 4 blocks in one baggie
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon as possible.
* For every month could you please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks. Your judgement call on how much depend on how many blocks you would like to make and how much you want to WIN :) :)

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each block you send
* 2 extra tickets = for every set of 4
* 1 ticket = if your NAME is on the FRONT top corner of the block
* 1 ticket = if you have added money to your bag.
RECEIVED
Maryz - Mary ... 6 blks
Shelly322002 - Jacquie ... 6 blks
Maryq - Mary ... 5 blks
WePeace2 - Katy ... 2 blks
Teresak - Teresa ... 2 blks
Zfatcat - Lori ... 3 blks

Any questions you can find me on FB quickly or ask here and a pal will be able to answer.
AGAIN - ALL are welcome. HAPPY STITCHING!!! May the Luck of the Pot of Gold be with you!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:27 am, edited 20 times in total.

shelly322002

Re: MARCH LOTTO - Grandma's Star - Are you going to be LUCKY this month?

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:38 am

Hi, what a fabulous looking block!
I'm certainly in for this one!!

Please put me down for 4 just now, but hoping to add more to that number as well

Happy sewing!!!
Hugs Jacqueline xxx
:P :P :P

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:19 am

Welcome Jacquie!!!! It was an absolute joy texting yesterday and then again early this morning. I think we have this 8hr time difference perfected. I'll put you down for 4. Eager to see the fab's you pick out.

Welcome Katy!! Happy texting you this morning. We always have so much to talk about :) :) I will put you down for two. Hope your back gets to feeling better and calms down. I know how you love your gardening.

HAPPY STITCHING!! May the LUCK of the "Pot of Gold" be on your side this month :) :) :)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:11 am

I'm so happy!! I was just about to start getting info for this block while watching the 'Accuquilt' April 2018 "Road to Paradise & Grandma's Star" with Orion, when he said the pattern is also in the 'Egg money quilts' book. Great! That's one of her books that I have!! I see you stated that too in your intro Teresa, some how I missed that! Sorry!
Can't wait to get started!!

Happy quilting everyone!!! xxx

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:48 am

So, this afternoon I spent my time playing with fabrics...
Ironing, cutting, sewing, squaring up and sewing again...

I'm in total LOVE!!!!

I've decided I will purchase more fabric's and make a quilt in this colourway and design! I adore the way the pattern forms and the different tones of golds and greens complement each other.

Well a huge pat on the back to you Teresa! You've definitely stuck a 'pot of gold' with this month's pattern and colourway choices :P

These beauties will be in the post Monday or Tuesday... That's if I can part with them!! :shock: :D
(some fabrics look a little darker than they actually are...)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:04 am

Jacquie - DELIGHTFUL colors and fabric choices!!! Well done :) :) :)
Am eager to see them in person. BOING, BOING, BOING!!!!

Hats off to you as well. It was fun collaberating many choices until the right
one just popped up. It was Fantastic texting back and forth. Until next time.
Last edited by TeresaK on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:58 am

Teresa, you've hit upon one of my favorite blocks! And I have lots of fabrics, so I'm in this month! I don't know how many blocks I will be making yet, but I'll try to get started today. I assume the background is to be white? Or TOT white?

mary z

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 am

Jacque, your blocks are beautiful.

Teresa, I'll try and make a few this month. Let me see what fabrics I have to play with.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:18 am

I have 6 done and I dropped them into the mail yesterday. Now all that's left is to cross my fingers!🤞

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:13 pm

Lori - Wonderful to see you joining us this month. Eager to see what fabrics you choose. They are always delightful :)

Mary - WOW Mary you are indeed quick as a Leprechaun in stitching up some blocks - YEA!!! Fingers and toes crossed. Thrilled that this block just popped into my mind at the last minute while texting back and forth tossing ideas with Jacquie. I didn't know it was one of your favorites. What a delight having you join us this month. Seems I need to start a conversation about what blocks pals enjoy making. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

I know Maryq is with us this month. Talked with her last night so Yippee!!!! Our group is growing again!!!

Around the 20th I will catch up on sewing all the pieces together. I did the prep work now just need to sew them together and choose an April Block.

I am working on finishing the last few touches of a quilt after a 6 hr massive cleanup job in my longarm room. Lots of moving this container, book, magazines, vacuuming then moving back after I ask myself do I still need this. So a lot of organizing, putting back and on to the next place. I am in need of finding a room purifier to help with the dust. The Dr. said either stop sewing or purchase one. I am always clearing my throat or feel like I need to swallow a cotton ball. Hoping this will help my throat feel better.

My daughter asked me to make some 3-D Masks so I made her some green/white shamrock masks. She is a Dr. of Pharmacy at the University of FL, Medical Center, Oncology, Orlando, FL.

Happy LEPRECHAUN Sewing!!!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”