Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FEBRUARY LOTTO - Winning Hands 12.5" block

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

FEBRUARY LOTTO - Winning Hands 12.5" block

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:18 pm

Hello Everyone. It took me a lot more time to get my blocks finished this month. I saw mine were not the same size as yours so I un-stiched all 4 down to the 4-patch, took the measurements of yours and re-finished mine. I was not going to give up on this month!!! I also need to remember there are only 28 days in the month - LOL!!!
Because it is 1:07am ... I will have a "Hand of the Picker" choose tomorrow. I want to make sure it is fair. I have to say I Truly Love and Thank you ALL for the little notes I receive!!!!
Because there are still only the 5 of us I will stick with 2 Winners. Still always hoping more pals will join us.
Rob went over to Leah's home to work on her computer so she picked the names :) :)
THE WINNERs ARE ..........
JACQUIE and ME !!!!!!

***************** CONGRATULATIONS though to you ALL for joining thus month and making beautiful blocks. I will be putting mine up on the wall to get it ready to sew. You are what makes this so enjoyable!!!

March Lotto will appear today. So many choices!!! I made a few samples and then finally found the one I to make this month. More coming up also later today. Off to bed I go...

*********************************************************************************
February Lotto !!!!! The Lord shows His Love in many ways but ESPECIALLY through FRIENDS like YOU. We all show our love for each other by blessing each other with colors, designs in the fabrics we choose and creativity. Sew Happy Valentine's Day - Lets have some FUN!!!!!

BLOCK: Winning Hands 12.5" Unfinished Block
FABRICS: What do you think about when you think about Valentine's Day/Love/Friendship:
Pick a SPECIAL piece of fabric that reminds you of a Friend/Family on Earth whether near or far or in Heaven. Special favorite Flowers, Chocolates, Tea's or Teacups, Fruit (I Love Chocolate Strawberries) - Endless Possibilities!!!!
TUTORIAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrsTb7d ... iRy_quYZdU
BACKGROUND: White on White (Please test your fabrics against each other in the light)

****** PLEASE DO NOT TRIM the TIPS off AFTER adding TRIANGLES. LEAVE them on for the WINNERS. I chose these fabrics because I send Courtney chocolate hearts/flowers.The green is from a quilt I made Image

MAILING - - - - Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* PRESS your blocks; fold according to a smaller envelope; place under a pile of heavy books overnight then place in envelope. Should NOT cost much depending on how many blocks you make.
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH blocks
* Send ALL in one baggie
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon to get a lower rate.
* Each month could you please send $3 to help send the WINNING Blocks to the WINNERs

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for every 12.5" block
* 1 ticket = share why you picked the fabric you did. Let us get to know you better

Jacquie ... 8 blocks
Maryq ... 8 blocks
Valerie ... 4 blocks
Katy ... 3 blocks
Teresa ... 4 blocks
Last edited by TeresaK on Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:46 am, edited 8 times in total.

shelly322002

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - Winning Hands 12.5" block

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:28 am

Sign me up please!!! Love this block!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:07 am

I will try

I just read the instructions again, we have to make sets of 4? so send 4, 8, 12? or can we send 6 if we wanted?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:23 am

If I have time will make a couple or more . Right now working on darn quilt. Then back to mouse blocks Then time to start cleaning house. But I will try

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:19 am

How about these?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:22 am

Hi, after an eager day of sewing here are my blocks!!

I've 'sew' enjoyed myself!! Getting these babies straight into the post today!!!
Happy sewing ladies!! xxx

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:28 am

Sew, reasons for fabric huh?
Well these fabrics speak to me of vibrancey and joy!! colours which are cheerful, bright and happy!
Fresh and colourful flowers and beautiful green leaves too... Juicy red strawberries natures beauties for sure!

I'm sure these blocks will bring a smile to anyone and fill their hearts with joy on any wet, cold winters day
:P :P :P

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:22 am

I just might try this..

Are there written directions in any of El's books? I have most of them.

Hey Val... I have some of that same peach color fabric!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:36 pm

Valerie. Thank you for pointing out that I needed to change how many you sent. You can send as many as you want that is up to you. Your colors are fantastic and I look forward to seeing them in person, up close and personal. Make sure you post to reason why you picked these colors.

Mary Q. I have a book of Eleanorโ€˜s that is called Winning Hands but I donโ€™t know that this block is in any other block. Iโ€™ve gone through the books that I have and unless a book is hiding I donโ€™t see one in them. I can take a picture of anything in my book that will help you. Just let me know.

Jacquie. Love your blocks and the reason for your colors. Yes ๐Ÿ‘ they do indeed bring joy and smiles to my heart.

Katy. Welcome also. Always a joy for you to join us as is everyone. Thrilled you finished your quilt. I looks wonderful in pictures!! Eager to see it in person.

We are on a roll .... Happy peacing!!!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Teresa

I just need measurements for cutting, then I think I can figure it out

Return to โ€œSwaps, Round Robins, BOMโ€