Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ready? Set? OPEN!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Ready? Set? OPEN!

Post by WeeOne » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:23 am

Dittos Lois!!

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:07 am

My Secret Santa was Mary Go Round! Thank you so very much!

I received a book of Christmas wall hangings, a pattern for a Christmas sampler and fabric to make it, a jelly roll, a box of Shout Out, rotary cutter blades, peppermints and M&Ms and three spools of thread. I love it all!

Thank you again and Merry Christmas!

I have asked Mary Q to post my picture.

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:47 am

ImageImage

yes... Deb sent me a photo... I'm just trying to get it uploaded to post... will do ASAP

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:33 pm

My Santa was Katy this year. We always talk about how we hope that Maryq will chose our name for each other. Looks like Katy got her hopes given to her this year. I was giggling with joy when I opened my Box to find ...
** A Delightful Snowman SnowGlobe Ornament for my Christmas Tree that plays "We wish you a Merry Christmas".

** Katy saw that I would love to try my hand at quilting a Dream Big Panel and she was able to find the perfect color without having to order it! What a miracle. She found a quilt shop that was still open.

** She knows how much I love to make Log Cabins when I can find my sewing machine so she ordered the QIAD Pumpkin Grins Pattern and added multiple fabrics from her stash in oranges, greens and black and a border of pumpkins, spiders and ghosts on a black spiderweb along with Steam a Seam2.

** Next more fabrics Galore :) :) Blue Snowflakes on White; Red and White Snowflakes on Red; Yellow TOT and a green glistening fabric to coordinate with 2 Joyful Prints. Amazing choices!
** Plus one always needs a ruler to cut so Katy sent me the Double Sq Up Ruler - Sweet!! I am forever loosing mine - Ugh!

** Next - 2 wonderfully Fall Leaf 6" potholders! The perfect size for hubby as he cooks more than I do and he doesn't like the bigger ones. I did tell him I am not a very good cook before I married him. He Rocks the Pressure Cooker!!!! She was thinking of sending me celery but that got nixed in the bud.

** I adore the 9 - 10" Giant 4-Patch blocks she shared with me from a Lotto in past years. I was delighted to see them and will definitely use them very soon!!!

Katy has been handling health issues with her furr baby and her X that comes over to her home. He just suffered a seizure and they are doing lots of tests. I am so THANKFUL for everything she added to my SPECIAL SS Stocking (Package). We have been True Friends and Quilting Pals since 2015 when we met and continue to talk on the phone lots. So of course I had to call her when I opened my package. She Loved that I LOVED EVERYTHING even if most of it was blurry from my Eye Surgery.
HUGE HUGE THANK YOU KATY for your friendship and enjoying our Love of everything fabric and quilting!!! One day we will meet again. Until then we shall stitch away ...

Thank you Mary for a very festive Secret Santa!!! Had a wonderful time and will definitely sign up again next year!! You Rocked IT!!!!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:59 am

Hello Everyone AND a special shout out to my Sweet Secret Santa.......VALERIE/Wesignificant.
I received the BEST stuff ever. I love all of the fabric for my placemat project. It is something that I will enjoy looking at for a long time! The colors are seriously PERFECT (you hit a home run). The pattern is by Miss Winnie Designs which I will definitely use. I also received magnetic pin dish, a much needed Micron Pen, and a darling sewing organizer. I also received a fun cross stitch wall hanging kit which I've a ready started.

I'm going to try to get a few photos posted this weekend. I'm praying for a safe and happy holiday for my awesome sewing buddies from Quilt In A Day. Thanks again Valerie. I can tell that you put so much thought into my gift!!!

Hugs!
MaryGoRound/Mary Michael

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”