Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ready? Set? OPEN!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Ready? Set? OPEN!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 pm

My Santa was Judi, I have to say I was completely taken by surprise. First, she paid off the bribe she sent to Jerry some adorable measuring wooden spoons, he was shocked and just loves them, he also got some caramel m&M's. She sent a toy to Moose, it's an adorable sheep. Moose would have it unstuffed in a second so I am keeping it along with my other treasures in my sewing room.

Then there were snack sized bags of mixed nuts. Not sure if she meant that I was nuts, but they are really good.

I received a tape measure, a note pad, some clips and a fixon pen and a cute charm pack. and the wonderful kit is to make a take along tote with zippered pockets to take all your goodies to class. and it has a pin cushion attached. the fabric to make it is really pretty,

I have never seen the spongy foam stuff to put in the tote in place of batting but it is really neat.

Gosh Judi, you really put together a very cool kit. It really looks fun.

If anyone is interested it is by Abbey Lane Quilts and called The Beatle Bag. it really is cool

Thank you Judi, you have been a special person in my heart for a long time. Love you, Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Izzy, if you get a zoom group together I would love to join. you have my email but will email you just incase

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Wowzers just finished work ran to sewing room to get to ripping woo hoo Chriss was my awesome Santa

I got a cup that just made me giggle n giggle dome more it says” this jelly roll is going straight to my fat quarters lol” 😂

Lots of yummy jolly ranchers gonna have to hide them fro my lil sugar boy 👦 🤣 they were in cute mailbox that come to find out was full of trinkets hidden inside with candy : needles tape measure thimble pins bobbin snuggies

The cutest goat coaster ever 🐐

Star fabric ornament

Pattern to make my cover for ironing board n machine and beautiful purple fabric

Another pattern for pincushion thread bag scissors holder with fabric thread n fixings

Oh my my lil hands heart and eyes are in sensory overload with all the cute stuff

Also got stacks or rogue blocks already separated into quilt projects for lady at church who lost her mom unexpectedly and my youth leader he lost his grpa/dad who raised him to Covid last week.

Sew know your great thoughts will be loved by not just me but others too. 🥰🥰

Thank u now to take picture n get it posted. Hummmm

I will check email too see who wants in on zoom or we can do messenger meet like Tina said which ever works for everyone 😀
🐐izzy

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Katy.......you have 1 small package coming this week. I'm happy you like your gift.

Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Well I certainly was surprised....My Santa was Maryz. And she filled my box with everything I asked for plus all kinds of goodies...A big and small pincushion, patterns for the table runners and table toppers i cant wait to make and licorice, a jar of her home made jam, fabric in red white and blue, A quilty mystery book, and 2 adorable potholders, and a couple of rocks from yellowstone, and the Kim Diehl book I have been searching for...( however did you find it) tissue holder which will go in my purse with my hand sanitzer..I was totally blown away...I thought I knoew who was my SS but i was so wrong...thanks Marq for hosting this wonderful event again this year...xxxxxxoooooo ps Chris so happy you enjoyed the SS package it was fun to put together something special for such a special person. xxxooo
Last edited by grammiequilts on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Izzy asked that I post these pictures for her.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:09 pm

o Kathy I really loved everything . I can realy use more pins I swear mine walk away. LOL The hummingbird fabric is perfect.
Katy

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:20 pm

My Santa was Izzy and wowzer did she ever spoil me! Thank you so very very very much Izzy, I love it all! She gave me so many things to make and use, it's just amazing! Oh she also gave me snacks that are so yummy, I forgot to put them in the pics LOL some are in my tummy 🤣😂
The boys had the greatest time opening them! We did the live opening with Maryrose, so much fun!
Here's my pics. Thank you Izzy! 🎄🤶🎅🎄🤶🎅❤❤❤
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:21 pm

PS, I'll have to go pick up my baby goat ❤🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Tina

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 am

Good morning,
I wasn't aware we could open yesterday so I did while having coffee Tina was my Secreat Santa and she was really good to me .
I got everything to make a beautiful GnomeHomes in winter table topper also a variety of beautiful threads a pattern to make animal coin purse,schmetz needles in 2 different sizes,seam ripper which I definitely needed , also wonder under a thread guide,pins I can always use and last but not least pretzels in snack packs wow Tina you really spoiled me
Mary thank you for heading up Secreat santa again.
Tina thank again also for the beautiful card.
Lois

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”