Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ready? Set? OPEN!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Ready? Set? OPEN!

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:41 am

My Santa was Lyn! And she really spoiled me. I got two seam ripper’s, a table runner pattern called “scaredy-cat” by This & That with a pieced black cat on each end and four pumpkins in the middle. How did she know I love Halloween sewing? I also received a Purple Thang, a Christmas magnet, a needle keeper, A complete kit for a watermelon wall hanging/table runner called “hello summer” by Patchabilities, and three packages of M&M peanuts, two of which disappeared quickly. Last but not least, a half-yard of timeless treasures fabric - Beautiful foxes in the snow. As it happened, at the time I opened my gift I was sewing with fox fabric from that same line! ( I have a thing for foxes as we have an Arctic Fox fifth wheel.). I plan to make placemats.

Thank you so much, Lyn! You sent me many treasures but none so wonderful as your friendship! Thank you so much and have a healthy and happy Christmas.

And many thanks to our Mary Q. Three cheers to her for always hosting this fun event for us all!! We love you, Mary!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:54 am

Hoping this works. My SS was Mary Daniel aka Rosebud. These are gorgeous fabrics, perfect for fall. 6 spools of Aurafil. WOW! I don't know if you can see the picture of the tablerunner on the red box, it is a Riley Blake. Absolutely adorable. And a project bag to put it all in. Thank you so much Mary. Oops, forgot the snacks, they were mighty good with my breakfast! 2 snack size bags of mixed nuts. In 7th heaven right now!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:56 am

Trying picture again

A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:08 am

I was not able to sign up for Secret Santa this year because of my new computer when I first got it. I could not sign in to Quilt In A Day for a couple weeks. I got a wonderful box though from Maryq who took it n herself to be my Secret Santa. Thank you so very much for the gifts. Included in my box were the following:
Christmas plates and napkins
2 beautiful Christmas towels
Dream Fairy counted cross stitch kit
Curious Kittens cross stitch kit. I do more cross stitching than quilting.
needles and floss bobbin holders with a ring.
very pretty icecicle brooch
Charles Wysocki 1000 piece puzzle called Quiltmaker Lady This is my favorite thing because I collect
1000 piece Wysocki puzzles and this is a new one that I don't have.
It came with a beautiful Christmas Card and note.

Thank you so much Mary. Next year I will sign be able to sign up and I will. You are so kind to remember me this year. I have my puzzle table all set up and your puzzle will be the next one that I do.

Merry Christmas to all!!
Sherry

P.S. I have never figured out how to post pictures so I couldn't do that.

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:31 am

Good Morning

Oh my gosh... what a spoiled rotten little Elf am I!!

Lois was my Santa and she packed a box with so many wonderful goodies I had to write them down so I would remember them all.

First, there were 3 bundles of FQ's in my fave colors of navy, gray and teal. A pin magnet bowl, needles, a darling Christmas scissors, a set of darling little wood ornaments that will go on my "quilting tree", 2 Christmas bowl cozies, a can coozie, tootsie pops, nail files, and a gorgeous Christmas Panel in Black and white.... Oh and a pattern for a bargello table runner. I've never done bargello before! Might do a practice one before I do a real one... just so I don't mess up my beautiful new FQ's. Oh and I forgot the most darling piggy bank in the shape of a spool of thread! SO cute... there's way all my change will go from now on!

Thank you so much Lois.... I so love everything and appreciate the thoughtfulness that went into my wonderful package! :D :D :D

[image]Image[/img]

Image[/img]

(For some reason I can't get the pictures to post correctly! and I can only get thumb nails? HELP!)
Last edited by maryq on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:57 am

Here's MaryQ's pics ❤❤
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:04 am

Thank you Tina for doing my pictures!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:29 pm

I am typing this using the microphone which is good because my eyes are still blurry from the surgery and typing on tiny little letters is quite a task.

But yay it’s opening day!!!

To my SS .... I will wait till Rob gets home from getting his hair cut. We are very blessed that our lovely lady who cuts our hair is still working from her home even though she’s retired now. It is hard to shop for Rob at Christmas time so I am doing a little things likeMuch needed haircuts, magazine subscriptions, Home Depot card, etc.

All of your SS’s I see have treated you very kindly this year as they have in previous years so I am very excited to open up my box from my secret Santa. So I will be back later on today to tell you what my secret Santa brought me. BOING, BOING, BOING!!! OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!!!!!!!! Now where did I hide my box Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:36 pm

I did open my package yesterday, but it was a busy day and I didn't get here. I was blessed to have MaryQ as my SS and oh my what a gift she sent. I didn't know they made M&M Carmel bags so big!! DH got his hand smacked when he tried to grab it. Lol There's a cute T Shirt and a water bottle with my name on it. 2 dish towels beautifully hand embroidered, how'd she know I could use some new ones. 5 Thangs, which I love to use. There's a wonderful table runner pattern and an awesome table topper pattern for the little table that sits on the steering wheel. AND gorgeous Pansies fabrics to make them, also thread. I Love Pansies ❣ Oh, oh and batting. Thank You so much MaryQ❣
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:12 am

We are truly blessed to have so many friends as we have on this forum true friends that listen you through the ups and downs and always praying for the best outcomes.
Love you all.
Lois

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”