Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

NOVEMBER Lotto - CHRISTMAS Disappearing 9-Patch Madness block - the WINNERs are

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

NOVEMBER Lotto - CHRISTMAS Disappearing 9-Patch Madness block - the WINNERs are

Post by TeresaK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:06 pm

THANK YOU ALL for JOINING the November Lotto. There were few of us with MANY BLOCKS made. I am thrilled for ALL 3 WINNERS for they will be making some Lovely Quilts or other items with these festive blocks and HST's!!!!!!! I had to go to Canyon Country today to do Pre-Op for my Eyes and they the nurse drew the winners :) :)

CONGRATULATIONs go to the WINNER's ... DRUMROLL PLEASE :) :) :)

Jacquie - 15 sets of 4 to make 15 blocks
Teresa - 15 sets of 4 to make 15 blocks
Valerie - All 44 of the HST's

***********************************************************************************************************
Thank you all for some great suggestions!!! I think we’re going to go with Valerie's Disappearing 9-Patch BUT ... I am going to step it up and add Madness to the Name.

We haven’t done this one so I am very excited to see all the CHRISTMAS fabrics you choose this month to make this awesome block.
The NEW TWIST is EASY!!!! When Jenny places a square on Opposite corners of the block she makes 2 stitching runs. Down, turn and stitch back. This will give you an extra HST. She uses this HST to make a table runner in the video.
*** This is another part of the LOTTO. Send these HSTs to me and I will put them together so the hand of the PICKER can draw for another Winner - YEA!!!! THRILLING!!! :) :)
ImageImageCHRISTMAS IS THE THEME
Directions - Click on link. You can also get a Digital Copy at Missouri Star Quilt Co. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/de ... souri-star
FABRIC:
CENTERS: Red, Green, Gold, Blue

COLORS: CORNERS
CHRISTMAS Prints - What do you think of when you think Christmas - Gingerbread, Santa, ribbons, chocolates, dolls, cats and puppies ...

INSIDE
BACKGROUND: White Soft WOW patterns especially Christmas or if you can't get to a shop or order online then please use Kona Cotton white.
*** There are many white colors. Please check to make sure you use the whitest or YES - YEA now you have a reason to go shopping online it to your local JoAnns. Again check for the whitest one.

WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED - - -
* Each of the Blocks are = 6.5"
* Please MEASURE to check the block size - BUT DO NOT SQUARE THEM UP
* Make sure you correct any seams that are off before you send.
* Attach a name label to the FRONT TOP CORNER
*** BLOCKS are DUE TO ME by FRIDAY the 30th. Please mail with a tracking if you can.

WAYS to EARN TICKETS
* 1 ticket = Signups
* 1 ticket = a Set of 4 = 1 block
* 1 ticket = if you post me a tracking number by MONDAY the 23th you can still go 1st class
* 1 ticket = Share a picture of your block(s)

ARRIVED - - -

Maryq - Mary ... 8 sets
Shelly322002 ... Jacquie ... 6 sets; 12 Hst's ....... PLUS my Mini - YEA!!!!
FlorenceM - Flo ... 6 sets; 12 Hst's
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 6 sets; 14 Hst's
Teresak - Teresa ... 4 sets; 6 Hst's

Please let me know if you have any questions. FB gets to me the fastest

Come ENJOY the FUN!!!! HAPPY STITCHING!!!!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 40 times in total.

shelly322002

Re: NOVEMBER Lotto Block

Post by shelly322002 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:21 pm

What theme were you thinking of??

Hello my dear Cotton twin!!!! ;)

xxx J xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Ahhhhh yes I forgot to mention that.
Hello Cotton Twin from across the pond. Exciting see you posting 👏👍❤️🤗🤗🤗

Yes Theme would be CHRISTMAS 🎄 TIME!!!

It sure is sneaking up way to fast 👍❤️👍

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 am

Might I suggest a fall and/or Christmas disappearing nice patch?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 am

WeSignificant wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 am
Might I suggest a fall and/or Christmas disappearing nice patch?
Sounds a lovely idea xxx J xxx

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:49 pm

Shelly so good to see you! Hope all is well.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:22 am

Hi, thanks!! I spent last year at college studying 'Medical Administration with IT' which finished in June. I was lucky enougth to secure a job from my first interview! I'm now working in a hospital in Glasow as a ward clerk in the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit'. Work with my new job is fabulous!! The staff are fabulous and I just love it there!! Things are going well with many different challenges each day, but I do enjoy it and so glad I made the change from 'care' which I had been doing for approximately 23 years!! I just needed a change!
Rachael my youngest daughter is approximately 6 or so weeks away from having her 3rd baby. We don’t know what it’ll be, but it’ll be a nice surprise either way. They’re opting for a home birth which will allow her husband to be present opposed to being sat outside in a hospital carpark until the moment Rachael starts ‘pushing’ and he’s allowed in!! Terrible huh!?! Covid has a lot to answer for!!
They’re actually due to move house at the end of this month too, they don’t do anything by halves!!!
Heather my eldest daughter is doing pretty well, working a couple of days a week, one of which I take her wee ones for a long walk with their buggy on an afternoon. Normally I meet my dad in town where we all grab a Costa coffee and muffins in the town. 😍😋
My husband Stephen is working away on his assignments for his Masters degree, which he’s enjoying. He's studying 'Recycling and Waste management' which is a major problem world wide.
I'm still out and about on the mountains but have also returned to my sewing in earnest and I'm trying to complete a lot of the swaps that I took part in with all you lovely ladies.
I've had such a busy few years recently aso it's nice to be able to pop back in to you all again now my life has slowed down somewhat!
It's lovely to see some familiar names!!
So thank you for welcoming me back so nicely!!
Hugs to all!! xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:41 pm

WOW you are more busy that just climbing Mountains. It is so good to hear from you and glad you’re back and sewing again.

WeSignificant

Re: NOVEMBER Lotto - FALL Disappearing 9-Patch Madness block

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:29 am

That's an interesting block. I will see what I can get done. Busy month for me. Starting another part time job. 20 hours a week.

purrfect-lady

Re: NOVEMBER Lotto - FALL Disappearing 9-Patch Madness block

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:56 am

TERESA, I love the block for this month's lotto. We are hitting the road in less than a week and it's going to be a very busy week, so not sure I can do it, but maybe . . . But I'm confused. In your opening pst you said FALL fabrics. And then in a later post you said, "Yes, a Christmas theme". So, to clarify, which one is it?

thx,
Mary z

P.S. - Hi Jacquie!! Sew nice to see you! Congrats on your happy new life and new grandbaby!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”