Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UFO contest final rules as of 11/3/2020

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

UFO contest final rules as of 11/3/2020

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 am

I have put together the rules for the UFO contest next year. If this year goes well, we may continue this as a yearly event.

Rules will be:

1) to be counted as complete, UFO must be pieced, quilted, bound and post a picture If you do not know how to post pictures, if you send me a picture via text, I can post for you. Took me a long time but I think I have figured it out. PM me if you need my phone number.
2) I would do 3 winners, from Jan through April, May through August, then Sept through December. I will also do 1 drawing at the end of the year for everyone who participated. Your name will go in for every time you post a finished quilt. The more finished quilts, the better your chance of winning.
3) I would gift a nice prize to the winner at the end of each 4 month period. The winner will be whoever finishes the most quilts.
4) I am thinking before pictures might be interesting if available. Take a picture as it is when you pull it out of your stash
5) You do not have to be a member of the forum for any length of time or any restrictions like that.
6) A UFO for this purpose would be any project in your possession as of Jan 1, 2021. It does not have to be cut or anything, just purchased. In other words, anything purchases after Jan 1, 2021 will not count. (this will have to be an honor system here!)
7) In the event of a tie, a name will be drawn out of those who are tied. I will have Dad draw the name.
8) Anything finished before Jan 1, 2021 will not count. This is also an honor system item.

As I go through my stash I am pulling out UFO's and putting them in a stack to work on after 1/1/21. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make this fair. Some of us are still working, some of us don't quilt the quilt ourselves and have to rely on others and their time tables, we get sick (hope this is minimal) and life happens. There is just no way for me too make allowances for all the things that come up. Some will have more time. Hoping we can just have fun and get some quilts done. That is my goal.

Please let me know if I have missed something.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Re: UFO contest

Post by billizzy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:35 am

Interesting and migh motivate us to get them done I have a slew of them myself 😀
🐐izzy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:00 am

This could be fun. With my luck my secret Santa will send me all of her unfinished quilt blocks and I will have more than enough projects.

I can think of a few I have in various stages of completion. I will have to gather them and see what I have.

great idea Val.
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 am

I'm interested! Might be a good motivator for me, I have bunches of UFO's!
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:49 am

Valerie

What a GREAT Idea!!!

I'm in!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Keep an eye out here, will have it all in place by 12/15/2020 so you can be ready by the New Year. Open to all suggestions.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:27 am

Just moving back up to the top

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:01 pm

I'm In :) :) :)
This definitely will be interesting.
I do have many quilt blocks that can be put together.

I am hoping I have the time after all if a quilt comes along that
needs to be quilted, that always comes first.

purrfect-lady

Re: UFO contest final rules as of 11/3/2020

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:47 am

VAL, I think this is ingenious and very generous of you! And just might inspire us to get busy with our UFO's! Thank you for doing this. I love your goal - to just have fun!

Mary z

billizzy

Re: UFO contest final rules as of 11/3/2020

Post by billizzy » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:13 am

So can it be tops that are in stack that need quilted and binded only 😀 got a slew of them as well as other half finished BOM in craft boxes omg 😱 I’m in
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”