Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Hints 2020

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: Secret Santa Hints 2020

Post by TeresaK » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:49 pm

Teresa Kittredge
Anniversary: 2-14-91
Birthday: 5-26-1956

1. I would like to try: A Dream Big Panel https://www.etsy.com/listing/682014494/ ... big-flower - Cut and Paste to go to it or click on the link.

2. I LOVE these colors: Silvers, Gray's and Red Christmas Gnomes. Christmas Snowflakes Cotton/Flannel Charms or FQ's

3. I love applique: Simple ones I create BUT my passion is Piecing and stitching Quilts together and sending them home to be loved and hugged.

4. I love to snack on: Carrots/Celery with Egg Salad/Hummus/Almond Butter with Veggies. YUM!!!

5. I would really love to try: the English Paper Piecing made Modern Templates (adddot.com) if it not to expensive))

* I would love maybe some 6" potholders, any season? My Hubby says we need new ones - He cooks more than I do. Such a sweet guy :)
* I would love any blocks you would like to share (Season) or
* I hear there are Angels who have this talent of making Special Jelly/Jams you might make :) :)

ALERT: I react very badly to anything that has a scent: candles, powders, etc... Causes major allergy attacks.
I am downsizing my house of nic-nacks because even though they look beautiful in the desert they collect so much dust.

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I did this OK.
Last edited by TeresaK on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 12 times in total.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:49 pm

I would really like to make a sewing machine cover and ironing board coverfor myself
2. I like these colors: Purples and earth tones
3. I love applique: yes
4. I love to snack on m&m new brownie ones (I wish could find coconut ones) pretzels jelly beans Hard candy: mints worthers jolly ranchers when I'm sewing
5. I could really use a new thimble,small Olaf blades, oil for my vintage singers singer needles.

I would love anything you make. Mug rug, rogue blocks, crochet knit any medium or craft😍

Remember I have nut allergy.Oh, and potato allergy too. So if snacks Cheetos is my go to and Funyuns 😋

Hum guess that’s it.🥰
Last edited by billizzy on Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🐐izzy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 am

Guess I should add my hints! :lol:

I would love to make myself a new table runner or topper for my dining room table. Maybe if I had something pretty on it, it wouldn't collect so much junk!

Colors: navy blue, teal, and pale pale grey.
LOVE LOVE LOVE applique... never thought I would, but I sure do!
Snacks while sewing: Lemon drops, tootsie roll pops... that kind of thing.

I can always use Heat n Bond (lite) I go through a lot of that. And I love pretty machine embroidery thread.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know! :D

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:46 am

Hello Everyone:

Here is my info. It took me awhile to figure out what I really want to make.

1. I would really like to make a new SET OF PLACEMATS for myself (slightly oversized). I'm not sure I need a pattern unless you have something in mind :). There are some cute ones out there.

2. I like these colors: blues, greens, raspberry, pinks. My plates are a light aqua/blue. Maybe a small/medium print
Shabby Chic or Riley Blake looking fabric?? A pretty grunge would work too. No glitter or holiday themed.

3. I love applique: yes/no No, not for this project since mostly covered by the plate.

4. I love to snack on: anything chocolate. Lemon cookies are yummy too. I don't like super sweet things.

5. I could really use a: Micron Archival Ink Pen to mark my quilt labels or a magnetic pin dish.

Thank you!
MaryGo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Lyn/WeeOne

1. I would really like to make a ,
Table topper for counter next to Motorhome table or a round table topper for the little table that mounts to the steering wheel when we're parked, for myself

2. I like these colors:
Purples, Blues, Pinks, Forrest (darker)Greens

3. I love applique: yes/no
Yes I like to applique

4. I love to snack on
M & M's, any kind, plain, carmel, when I'm sewing

5. I could really use a: Update 9/5
Apparently I can use another Purple Thang. Thought I had one here at the house, but can't find it. Good thing I brought the box of notions up from the Coach this time!!

I would have put answers in a different color, but can't figure that out. ;)
Last edited by WeeOne on Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

Ok Girls
Here's where you post your hints

Answer these questions:

1. I would really like to make a _English Paper Piecing_ pillow_ or a pin cushion for myself
2. I like these colors: purples ,blues ,gray , white, tone on tones also like combo of black and white prints.no solids prefer these beach colors or
vintage patriotic colors.
3. I love applique: yes/no yes
4. I love to snack on mixed nuts salty and sweet candied pecans never ever plain when I'm sewing
5. I could really use a:__English Paper Piecing hexies paper pieces maybe 1/2 inch no smaller__Heat and bond lite. any organizer for traveling in the RV for a small project.__Machine needles _______________________
Last edited by cupcake on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:12 am

I would really like to make
a Christmas wall hanging for myself.
2. I like these colors: purples, pinks, any colors
3. I love applique: yes/no I want to get better at it
4. I love to snack on a glass of Reisling wine! when I'm sewing
5. I could use thread, rotary cutter blades

I have a sweet 6 year old grandson and a gorgeous 4 month old granddaughter.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”