Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa 2020 Official Topic UPdate 12-01

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Secret Santa 2020 Official Topic UPdate 12-01

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 am

Hey Everybody

I've sent a PM to Mary and Carolyn, but have not heard back..If anybody has any other way to reach them, let me know... I'm so okay with opening early... even without bribes.... :lol: Once I know every one has their packages!!!

Looks Like almost everybody has received their package. I need to hear from Mary(rosebud) and Carolyn (cupcake)... OR any body else that hasn't gotten their package yet!

TO ALL MY SECRET SANTAS..... I've been trying to keep track of who has RECEIVED their packages. We have a little bit of time until opening day (I'll make a post for that later) but I just want to make sure everybody has a package for the big day. SO , if you HAVE NOT received a package yet, please PM. I know a few are on the way, so there's no need to panic just yet. :lol:

ALL NAMES ARE OUT! IF I MISSED YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Guess what..... It's time for Secret Santa! You ready?

Here it is: It's official.. Secret Santa Starts Now!

This year's theme is "Quarantine Kit"
This idea came to me as I was trying to get to sleep the other night. Since it seems that Covid is going to be around for a while.. and who knows when/if things will ever get back to normal and me may get ordered to shelter in place again over the winter.... I thought it would be fun to gift a kit for your elf that would help keep them busy.

For this theme, Put together a kit of things that your elf can use to make Herself something. I'll make a new hints topic for this year to help clarify what kind of thing an elf might want to make.
For example: a table topper, a table runner, a small wall hanging, a bed runner, pot holders, tote bag, small "make up" type bag for carrying small supplies, ornaments ... Do you get the idea? You can purchase a kit, or make your own. Include all fabric necessary and a pattern. You can throw in matching thread and zipper etc if needed. Include everything needed for your elf to complete the project. This is where hints will be really helpful.. for example, if you don't do zippers... don't hint for a project for a zipper bag! Does that make sense.

And you can also include a survival kit of treats (tho easy to mail ones) of snacks to munch on while sewing.. M & M's, Twizzlers, probably not Cheese puffs cuz they are really messy and you don't want orange stuff on your fabric. :lol: :lol:

Once I get the new HINTS topic posted (any minute now) PLEASE go in and add your hints. And be sure to check back to find your elf's hints.

Names will be out shortly thereafter, but no later than September 5th.

Packages need to be mail by November 20th. It will be really important to send your gift early, as we all know the PO has been slower than usual due to Covid so we need to allow a lot of extra time.

Opening with be around the 10-14th of December..... or if when every one has received their package. You are honor bound not NOT peek early :lol: :lol:

PM me with questions!

Merry Christmas Here's Santa so far:
Carolyn
Chriss
Deb Kisly
Izzy
Judi
Kathy
Katy
Lois
Lyn
Mary Daniel
Mary Michael
Maryz

Teresa
Tina
Valerie
Me
Last edited by maryq on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 am, edited 14 times in total.

purrfect-lady

Re: Secret Santa 2020 Watch this Space!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 am

Dear Head Santa!

Fun to hear this announcement. Sign me up and I'll, for sure, be watching this space!

Merry August!
mz

WeSignificant

Re: Secret Santa 2020 Watch this Space!

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:16 am

No peek again, boy that is hard. Waiting for details before committing.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Re: Secret Santa 2020 Official Topic

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:14 am

How cool MaryQ! Love the theme of a kit to send for the elf to make, awesomeness! I'm in!
Tina

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 am

O Mary q Sign me up . This sounds easy but I think we will have to put our thinking caps on. lol

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:43 am

I'm in. this is great theme, my mind is already thinking.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:45 am

Well that was quick Tina. Yes sign me up, this sounds like fun! Favorite colors will be important this year.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:11 am

It has always been fun to do this. Sign me up...I am already to go read the hints and add mine...

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 am

Mary Q, you can sign me up. I think I can manage to pull a kit together for my elf...

Mary/Rosebud

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Sign me up. It's just not Christmas with out SS. Thank You Mary.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”