Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UGRR Swap IMPORTANT UPdate 07-02-20

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

UGRR Swap IMPORTANT UPdate 07-02-20

Post by maryq » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:44 am

Ok Girls

Here's an UPDATE!

ALL BLOCKS RECEIVED
ALL BLOCKS SORTED
ALL BLOCKS PACKAGED
ALL PACKAGES MAILED

If you would like your tracking number... let me know
Just need to print out labels today and packages will go to the PO tomorrow!

Thank you all SO much for being a part of this swap. This quilt is going to be beautiful!!!!!
************ IMPORTANT NEW INFO**************************

*** Considering what is going on in the around us..... I'm sure you would agree that there are more important things to be sewing these days than UGRR swap blocks! SO I'm so totally okay with everybody putting this aside for a while and doing what ever sewing you can to help those in need around you. I'm afraid our Covid situtation is going to get a worse before it gets better. So I have decided to postpone the "Due to me" date until the end of June …. and perhaps later.

Right now... our priorities have changed and it's just so much important to help out where ever we can.

Okay Girls.... Here's an UPDATE for you! Now that things have some what settled down... I'd like to get back to finishing up the UGRR swap! I'm thinking to set the DUE TO ME date to JUNE 21st! I know some of you are still sewing masks etc and I applaud you for that appreciate the effort you are making to keep your neighbors and friends safe. But I'm afraid If I don't get this swap wrapped up.. I will totally forget about it... and I want to give everybody a chance to finish up, get their blocks back and be able to make an awesome quilt!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A PROBLEM for you! As things go, a swap isn't the MOST important thing but it is something I'd like to finish up!
Thanks for your patience!
*******************************************************************************************************************************
Let's DO THIS!

This is the OFFICIAL UGRR SWAP

There are 15 blocks to this Swap, so that will mean it is open to 15 swappers. In Els' book, there is a 16th block that details the story of the UGRR, that 16th block will NOT be a part of this.... You will have the option of making your own 16th block if you choose, or make the whole quilt with 15 blocks.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE TWO WHEEL BLOCKS!!! Mary-Rosebud is doing CARPENTERS WHEEL. Bev (musensew) is doing WAGON WHEEL

Blocks are due to me by May 21st... That gives you a good 9 weeks to complete and send!
When you send your blocks, be sure to include return postage. I have the flat rate envelopes and postage for those is now $8.40.

Since this is UGRR, a story from the Civil War, Fabric will need to be CW war prints. If you do have El's book, you can follow her guidelines for color, but it is not necessary to duplicate her choices. Use as a guideline... If you don't have the book, let me know, I have an extra copy I can share.

I'm kind of new at being a hostess, so if you have questions, just ask. The same rules/guidelines etc that our other great hostesses use will apply here as well. PLEASE be on time, and communicate if something comes up and you are unable to complete your set. Stuff happens!!!

Here's how this will go: There are 14 BLOCKS spoken for... so each swapper will make 14 of their chosen block(s). This way some of us will end up with 2 sets...

1. Maryz-------------- Log Cabin and Bear Paw (two sets) Received
2. Tina-----------------Crossroads & Bow Ties (two sets) Received
3. Farm chick--------Drunkards Path & Monkey Wrench (two sets)
4. Me----------------- Sail boat & Basket (two sets)
5. Lori----------------Jacob's ladder (one set) Received
7. Rosebud-Mary---Carpenters Wheel & Birds in the air (two sets)
8. Izzy----------------North Star & Flying Geese (two sets)
9. Sherry------------Shoo Fly (one set)
10. Bev--------------Wagon Wheel (received)

YEAH, Bev has decided to join us.. kind of at the last minute, but I thought what the heck... always room for one more right? SO We'll all need to make 15 blocks total. We're stuck inside so let's SEW!

Since we are all pretty much house-bound, we can extend the "to me date" if needed. Also mailing two sets of blocks may not fit in a flat rate envelope, but I will test that theory when I get my blocks done and let you know how that goes. We may have to come up with another plan for return postage.. .but I'll think on that for now. Let's just hope and pray that things are back to "normal" by the end of May!

Any questions, just ask!
If I am forgetting anything, please let me know. I'm typing this without my full ration of coffee this morning!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by maryq on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:58 am, edited 22 times in total.

gershwin64

Re: OFFICIAL TOPIC UGRR Swap

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 am

Yay!!!!! I'm ready! Found my fabrics yesterday! As soon as my Spring blocks are sewn down and sent I'm on these babies! Sew happy!!!
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:10 am

I'll make the Jacobs ladder/Underground Railroad block. This will be a fun swap.
Lori 8-)

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:55 pm

I don’t have the book for this swap but I’m wondering if the Ohio star is one of the blocks & if so what is the size the block is supposed to be? Are these all 12 1/2 inch blocks?

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi Beverly 😊
There isn't a Ohio Star but there is the North Star. They are the 12.5" unfinished blocks 😊😊
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Just to help, here's a complete list of all 15 blocks:
1. Underground Railroad (Lori)
2. Monkey Wrench (Chickie)
3. Wagon wheel
4. Carpenter's Wheel (Rosebud)
5. Bear's Paw (Izzy)
6. Basket
7. Crossroads (Tina)
8. Log Cabin (MZ)
9. Shoo-Fly (Sherry)
10. Bow Tie (Tina)
11. Flying Geese
12. Birds in the Air
13. Drunkards Path (Chickie)
14. Sail Boat (MQ)
15. North Star

😊😊
Tina
Last edited by gershwin64 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Give me a couple days to see about fabric & to see how many join. I'm thinking I'll do the shoofly block.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:14 am

Well, I see lots has been going on here since yesterday morning! And thanks, MQ, for getting me signed up for the log cabins. I already have half my fabrics pulled. I hope to take this project with me in the trailer next week when we go camping for 8 days. We'll see how many sign up. I dont' want to end up with more orphan blocks! lol! Thanks, Tina, for listing all the blocks in the quilt.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:06 am

Mary, I would also like to do the Monkey Wrench block. I do not have the book, so if someone could scan the pages for my 2 blocks and email me, I would appreciate it. The cover of the book looks like shirting fabrics were used as "bsckgrounds"?

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:18 am

Mary, I will make the Carpenter's Wheel block if it is still available. I will need to get CW fabrics though.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”