Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:55 am

CHRISS - no worries! You've got 7 whole weekends left to sew! When is your Birds of a Feather project due? I know you've told me - more than once - but if you didn't write it down, then my forgetting is on you. :D

BEV - hope your cold leaves you soon! It's hard to do things, especially if you have to concentrate, when you feel crappy.

How is everyone else doing?

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:54 am

looking forward to the spring blocks. I am working toward finishing up a few quilts, maybe I will join next swap.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:09 am

Plugging away at mine. Not much to do tonight except Dad's bath so will be able to make some more progress.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:12 pm

I got all of my blocks cut & fused. The happy flowers just need to be sewed on the fabric!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:45 am

Beverly, don't you just love progress. your flowers are happy, I love them.
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:23 am

Crashed after work yesterday so no progress. Weekend is coming! 2 more days!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:01 pm

I'm checking in! Well no progress yet here unless you count cleaning my sewing room!! I'm playing around with ideas in my head, does that count? I'm thinking mine might be an oblong block instead of square after all. Don't tell anyone because I'm keeping it a secret but it looks like this weekend might just be mine and I'm planning on getting a good start on these! I'll let ya all know as soon as I'm happy with my block and ready to rock and roll!!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:51 am

TINA, a clean sewing room is a good start and of course, head play, is a part of every project, right? LOL!

Looks like everyone is going to be busy sewing this weekend!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:57 am

Tina, enjoy your YOU weekend. Yay for you.
Exodus 33:14

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:47 pm

I am in the same process as Tina. My sewing table needed to be cleared off of the last 2 projects! I also found another block that will be quicker and easier and let you see more flowers than my last one. Just don't know the size yet.
It was also a very busy week finishing up Lotto Blocks, making samples of February Lotto Block, therapy, WW and Dr Appt's. It is NOW February 1st and SPRING is just around the "Block" so I will be sewing and quilting to get committed projects finished.

Chriss - It would be FUN to have a nice size group meet one of these years before to much time passes. I'm definitely explored lots of options, figured out not only me but what Rob could do, made a list and had a wonderful time. Met up with old friends and made new. We both enjoyed and found LOADS of treasures and mega lots of not only inspiration but motivation. Now to get the foot to behave.

Lori - I hear you. I would have loved to see you. What was a huge SURPRISE was turning around at a booth and my friend from Tehachapi standing there until I notice she was there. We both screeched and hugged and you know the rest. I also found out that my WW buddies would have loved to go as well. Next year I believe I will have a van FULL with better plans than flying by the seat of my pants.

Mary - I would have thought there would have been MORE chairs along the wall to rest but there weren't. Rob was able to find some when I was busy listening to Eleanor and having her sign my books i had brought with me. Yes I was able to get a picture with her. She looked great. I have to admit I was shocked that QIAD was in the tent and not in the main building. I was just thrilled she was there.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”