Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:49 pm

Lori, your blocks will be so cute no matter which way you decide to do the little chicky legs!

Tina, sometimes I think the little pieces are harder than the bigger pieces when it comes to appliqué. Thanks for the update! I really appreciate knowing where everybody is at in their blocks.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Couldn't find rickrack the right color. So I just did a chain stitch for the legs. This was from
Lori Holts Vintage Farm Girl. The legs are how she did them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:17 am

LORI, I like your legs! I did the whole quilt in 6" blocks (finished about a month ago) and from where I'm sitting on my couch typing this, I can see the legs on MY chicken! I did them the same way.

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:27 pm

Lori your chicken is so adorable! I love how you did the legs. Great job! This will be a fun spring quilt.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:45 am

Lori, I like your legs too. your chick is cute.
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:50 am

Thank you ladies.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Yeah, Lori - you've got nice legs! ;) :lol:

TERESA - your blocks arrived! I have them tucked safe and sound into my safe and sound tucking spot!

So we have 7 sets of blocks down and 4 to go. Still plenty of time. Deadline to be to me is March 23. I figure if you are mailing Priority, you need to have them to the P.O by March 19. The weekend can cause delay. If you are mailing first class, it could take a week or more. Have fun sewing!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Oh my, just marked my 1/2 rectangles the wrong direction. It is in pencil so hoping it will wash out. It is on the white fabric so it will show through. Washing now, if it doesn't wash out, will have to recut. Oh my, :x
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:33 am

Val, so sorry about that mistake. Maybe it will erase out?

Just a reminder that we are leaving this morning for 8 days camping at the ocean. We will be home March 16th. Computers won't be going along because there is no internet at the campground. And no cell service either unless we drive into town, which we do now and then. I will try to check in here with my phone then. But don't worry, if your blocks arrive while I'm gone they will be safe and sound, waiting for me when I get back.

Have a great week!
mz

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 pm

Blocks are complete. These turned out to be much more difficult than I anticipated they look really easy but in the long run are hard to get lined up. They are meant to have points at the top and bottom of the kite which they do but the sides are going to require trimming and they do not need points. Hope to get in the mail by tomorrow.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”