Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Valerie, sorry things aren't lining up easily. I also will be spending the weekend making another block.

Tina, how is your dad?
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Valerie, I have great faith that you will get everything lined up just perfectly! But no pressure... 🤣

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:31 pm

WOW some more beautiful blocks.
Haven’t worked on mine yet. Just finished Valerie’s quilt. Now working on getting my February Lotto block samples sewn up and posted in the next couple of days. Life keeps taking me away from my machine.

My therapist gave me 1/2 a thumbs up to go the R2CA Show. I told him I wasn’t sure I was ready to do that much walking. He told me that I need to keep the Happy things in life going while NOT overdoing it which means proceed with Extreme Caution.

Will start working on mine next week. Definitely need to add mine to the others. Want them to have FUN!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:14 am

TERESA - go, enjoy the show, but take a lot of rest breaks. I'm sure they have chairs and benches around. And prioritize - what do you want to see the most - go there first. Then, do the other stuff if you can. Have fun! How long is the drive? Can you divide it up and do like 2 half-days at the show instead of 1 full day?

Lots of time to get to your swap blocks yet. Almost 8 weeks! :D

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:54 am

Teresa, I wish I was going to that show, maybe some day. I'm sure you have explored all your options and will take it easy. enjoy, hope you find lots of treasures and get a boat load of inspiration.

Maryz. I will make my last block today and get those puppies in the mail. not real puppies, blocks. No you aren't getting puppies. although puppies would be fun.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Chriss, I’m sure your blocks will be very nice but No match for puppies!!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Chriss, Dad is home now, we brought him home last night. Poor guy started out with being diagnosed with A-fib and then he was diagnosed with glaucoma in his left eye and was off and on about him needing laser surgery to relieve the pressure and then Thursday morning woke up with shingles on his forehead and they've spread down on his face and in his left eye. He's in horrible pain. It makes me want to cry too see the pain he's going through. I had shingles on my side 8 years ago, I can't even fathom the pain he's in with it on his head, face and eye. 😭😭😭💔💔💔😭😭😭
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Tina, your poor dad. Sounds terrible having shingles on you face. Hope he is on the mend soon.

Teresa, if I would have known you were going to Road2CA, I would have met up with you. I went Thursday and again today.
Lori 8-)

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Teresa have fun at the show. I hope you can take it easy & enjoy!

Chris’s I’m so sorry about your dad. No fun. Prayers sent your way.

I’m busily cutting Applique blocks. The thought of spring makes me happy. I still have my cold which is taking a long time getting better.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:28 am

Muse, it was Tina's dad needing the prayers. My dad is fine. Thanks

Maryz, didn't get a darn thing done this weekend relating to this swap. I did try some bird blocks but not sure how I like them.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”