Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JANUARY 2020 - Let the LOTTO BEGIN - Everyone Welcome - ADDED PICTURE

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: JANUARY 2020 - Let the LOTTO BEGIN - Everyone Welcome - ADDED PICTURE

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:06 am

I prefer the simpler blocks too. Too many irons in fire for me right now for anything too complicated.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 am

CHRISS - that's funny - next month will be in one week. But I guess it's true! In fact, Ground Hog Day is a week from today, and I suspect there are a lot of folks that want to have a word with that rodent!

And I'm with you all - simpler blocks work better for me for lotto. I can squeeze out time for them even if I'm in the middle of another big project. I don't know how you girls who work manage to find time to sew. When I worked, I sewed very little.

So, Teresa, I'm also looking forward to the February block . . . .

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Good morning all!!!
Yes Valerie's blocks are here enjoying the company of the others. Soooo many cute fabrics!!!!! Yes this definitely is one to WIN and have FUN arranging all the blocks!!! I would LOVE to WIN this one but I also like to sleep at night so I need to be legal and find a Hand of the Picker that doesn't know me LOL!!!

I did have great apprehensive (wasn't sure how long my back, sides and foot would hold up) going to the quilt show but it put me behind one day and when we got home I took a heavy duty Pain Pill, went to bed and dreamed the whole night of the Lovelies I pick out. So no sewing.

NOW it is TIME for February's block!!! I was able to work up a sample, Wanted to do more but the above took me away from the sewing room. Rob put the foam pads in the duck work so no cold coming out of there. I do still need a space heater. I am working on setting it up on the laptop but it is 11:30pm. Hoping my eyes will let me finish!!!!! ANTICIPATION MOUNTING!!!!!
Happy Monday!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Just mailed blocks off to you.
Flo

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:10 pm

Wonderful news Flo. I am sew glad you were able to join us for the first month :) :)
Will keep an eye out for them. Do you have the tracking number? How many sets did you send?

Received Katie's blocks. We have some Garden views, sewing machine and Christmas. Perfect fabrics for this month.

Maryz. Happy you are looking forward to February’s block. I believe I pick an easy one ☝️ 👏👍👏

A few more days before the last day of January. I am hoping they will go slow because I need every minute of them LOL. I have had all mine chosen and 1/2 the whites sewn. Just need to sew on the other side. This might come down to the very last minute. I have Dr. Appt's tomorrow, then a drive up to Bishop on Wednesday to take Rob's sister out to lunch for her birthday. Therapy and WW on Thursday so I will definitely be sewing on this day, every night and I am free on Friday. Now you know the rest of the story :)
I know I will get them done by the time Flo's blocks arrive and also because I would LOVE to win this month. Love this quilt :) :) :)
Last edited by TeresaK on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:24 am

Teresa
Sent 4 sets. No tracking number, I spaced. Should have them by Fri, they went first class

Flo

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:14 am

Thanks for the info Flo. Friday is a GREAT 👍 day!!!!! We will be home so will keep watch for the mail.

I got 4 1/2 sets finished last night. They did go fast and I was sure happy I posted the picture of the layout to go by. 👌👌👌

Happy Stitching 🧵 on February’s blocks 😊👍😊👍😊

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Thank you Flo for joining us. Your blocks arrived today. I am amazed at the nice white clean envelope with no tearing or blocks that got damaged. You definitely have faith in our postal system 👏😊❤️👍

We had an Amazing month with wonderful choices of fabrics and great stitching.
Thank you all!!!! Winners listed above in original setup.

Hope to see you all and more pals in February where we get to play with Flowers making the Whirlgig block. Easy again with a bit more sewing. You can do it!!!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:48 am

TERESA, thanks for letting me know I was one of the lucky winners! It was a fun swap. Congrats to the other winners, too! I hope to get these blocks together almost as soon as they hit my sewing room. And thanks to all who participated! Can't wait to see everyone's blocks!

mary Z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:49 am

Yay, I am a winner in good company.

Congratulations Teresa and Maryz.

This was a fun lotto, soon I will take a stab at February.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”