Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JANUARY 2020 - Let the LOTTO BEGIN - Everyone Welcome - ADDED PICTURE

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: JANUARY 2020 - Let the LOTTO BEGIN - Everyone Welcome - ADDED PICTURE

Post by TeresaK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm

That is a great question and I should have looked harder when I first posted. I couldn't find a pattern so this is how I see it.

After really looking hard at the picture I believe this is the layout.
* Follow the layout if you want your pictures to go a certain way.

* If you don't care how they will lay, then make #1 - 3 times. LONG/TOP, SHORT/RIGHT because they will be turned as you can see in block 2 and 3.

* The Oddball of the Pattern is block #4. Your layout will ALWAYS be LONG/TOP, SHORT/LEFT.

BECAUSE of this oddball block - I will ask you to pin or sew nametag to the upper corner of "4" blocks put together instead of 2. This way the winners will have the right blocks for their layouts.

I know you will all do FABulously!!!!! We are ON A STITCHING ROLL!!!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:22 pm

In answer to your question about traveling, we know we are going to
West Point, UT Jenifer (Daughter), Darby (husband) with Aria (5) and Ayden (3);
Cedar Rapids, IA - Evan (son);
Wolmelsdorf, PA - Susan (sis). Hopefully we can have a reunion with nieces, nephews and kids;
Salem, MA - Kevin (Son) and Heather (wife);
Colorado Springs, CO - Rebecca (sis)/Cathy and family;
Huntersville, NC - Justin (son), Carrie (wife) and Spencer 10yr; Mom
Orlando, FL - Courtney (daughter)
Nokomis, FL - Debbie (sis)
Houston, TX - Andrea and Jim. Haven't seen them since 1978 and missed them in 2015
Plus alot of my friends for Meet and Greets and possible stayovers.

Don't know yet which way we are going or when but the planning should begin soon.
I'm not sure who sets the time but it is actually 12:29am and I am off to bed. Happy Monday!!
Be back later :) :)

So if you are up to a Meet and Greet or a Stay-over please let me know. I know I am already getting excited !!!!!!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:08 am

Teresa, I am sorry to be a pain but can you really dumb this down for me? I sometimes, ok often, get lost in the story.

I am taking a 5 inch novelty square and putting a 2 1/2 inch strip on two sides of it. I am making 4 of these to equal one block and each of the 4 should be at least 7 inches, when put together the 4 should look like the picture you drew. Is that correct?

Thanks.
Exodus 33:14

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:51 am

Chriss no one here will ever be a pain.

You have it correct up until you sew the 4 together. You do not need to do that. Just pin them together with your label or sew with your label across the top corner.
This will give the winners more diversity in how they want to use and arrange the winning blocks.

Thrilled you are joining in!!! EXCITED 😊
Last edited by TeresaK on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks my friend. I get it now
Exodus 33:14

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:26 pm

You are most welcome. Happy New Year!!

If anyone is on Facebook and would like to text me their telephone number I will text back with mine.
Texting me will get you a quicker answer although remember I am CA - Pacific time πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ™

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:54 pm

I will need to make some more to have enough to put 4 together
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:11 am

Teresa, I have 5 sets of 4 blocks, and I've used each of my novelty fabrics 2 times for a total of 10 different fabrics. I've followed the sketch you made (thank you for that!) and hopefully made the blocks as indicated, numbers 1-4, in each 4 block set, and the 4 blocks are stacked in order of 1 through 4. I machine basted across the top corner catching all 4 blocks and my name label in the 1" long stitching line. Did I do it right this time? Whew! The blocks were easy, but the numbers almost got me!! :D I will have them in the mail in the next day or two. I used pigs, cows, chili peppers, motorcycles, in-line skates, Navy, tennis, coffee, baseball, and Nascar fabrics.
mz

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:26 pm

Maryz - WOW you are very fast. YES you did it right. Thrilled the picture helped you. Anything I can do to make it easy for everyone is a WIN for me. Very eager to see them. NASCAR? YEA!!!!!!! Rob would be happy if I were to win πŸ‘β€οΈπŸ‘β€οΈπŸ‘

Lyn - I will take your name off. My apologies. I should have put β€œthinking” next to your name. Feel free to join us later if you are able to find some fabric that will fit this month. Never want to leave anyone out. Fingers crossed 🀞
Last edited by TeresaK on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 am

Just a thought since we are grouping our blocks on this month's lotto. I don't like to use pins on anything I'm mailing in an envelope. I'd hate to think of any postal workers getting stuck by an errant pin! I prefer to machine or hand baste, paper clip, tape, or whatever.

mz

Return to β€œSwaps, Round Robins, BOM”