Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Secret Santa Opening Day

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 am

HI Girls

Since every body has their packages (except for Lyn and Denise who will open later)

Let's OPEN... Sunday December 1st

Here's the place to post what you have been blessed with this year .

rosebud3

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:53 pm

(hand raised over here in the corner) Excuse me, please. Is there a specified time for opening tomorrow?

Mary/Rosebud

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Usually any time is acceptable. I am thinking 12:01 am
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 pm

Wonder if us west coasters can go by east coast time.
Exodus 33:14

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:46 am

I also posted in photos. Velda is my secret Santa person. She sent wonderful things. Thanks so much.

https://i.postimg.cc/8cSwMg7f/BAF3-B63- ... A858-B.jpg
Suzette

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:15 am

Maryq Told me I could open my package at 12.01 am . I of course over slept.
THANK YOU MARYZ. You guys know me too well. I had no idea it was you. lol I thought it was Maryq.
Amazing what this box contained. I cannot post a picture because I have not conquered that process.
My sewing machine wall hanging (I really wanted this) but is double sided a sewing machine on both sides. It will hang in my sewing room in a special place. I also received a mystery book. a jar of Jelly (gonna have this for breakfast) ,a hand made needle holder and some hand needles and some machine needles,a light house pincushion , a whole tin of sewing supplies including a bar of soap , hand embroidery thread . I think maybe shes telling me something . Some Wild Iris seeds from Alaska. I really think Mary you covered my every hobby. LOl There is more in the tin thread, pattern , hand cream and a
applique of a sewing machine you can sew on something.
Well I am going to have some jelly and toast.

Ps if someone would like to post a picture for me Pm your cell phone number and I will send a picture

Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:06 am

My Santa didn't add a card so I have no idea who she really is. I have an idea but am not sure.

I received a great basket, check it out. it's perfect for adding whatever is needed for a hand project.
a seam ripper, it will be a blessing to have a sharp one. A spool of Guterman thread. Quilting gloves. I tried quilting gloves once, they are a wonderful thing. I also got safety pins. And a thing that clamps on the table that you can either put a water bottle or a can of basting spray in it. I've seen these but never realized what a cool gadget it is. I received fabric with gorgeous flowers. and, also got 25 blocks, they were 8 or 9 inches. I went ahead and sewed them together, check it out, so cool.

[imgImage

][/img]
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:23 am

Lois /Fabricgirl you really outdid the secret santa game....I just kept opening and opening and Ken had to come into my sewing room to see what all the rukus was about...I just love everything,,,the little quilt complete with a hanging sleeve will go up on me sewing room wall. the fabric and Kim Deihl book will get put to good use...the mug is super big so I dont run out of coffee while I stitch. new frixion pens Mine are drying up..and the little metal sewing machine will get put up to hold my scissors and tape measures,,and then I hid the pack of twizzlers so no one eatrs them all thank you o much for being a super secret santa.XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:40 am

I still haven’t figured out pictures. But I will try. I have to post them from my phone because pictures are not on my computer

My secret Santa did not enclose a card so my original two guesses stand – Valerie or Chriss. The original address was blacked out by sharpie but under it i was able to read Valerie’s name but this could have been a red herring tossed in by sneaky Chriss. And they were together a few weeks ago so Chriss could have handed off her package to Valerie to mail. Or maybe there is a person on our forum who is even sneakier than Chris and Valerie ..

I received several matching things made from black and gold vintage Singer fabric. And so exquisitely sewn! A mat for under the machine with pockets to hold snipping scissors, seam ripper, etc. Also a large scissors case, pincushion, and a wall hanging with a pin cushion and clear pockets for holding stuff. There is also a zippered case of a size that will hold 6 inch blocks. Also a 5 1/2 in.² ruler, a new seam ripper, a package of glass head pins, a charm pack of winter fabrics, and a pattern for a 46 x 50“ wall hanging or small quilt called “vintage sewing room“. Thank you Santa! Whoever you are! You truly outdid yourself!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:52 am

Mary I was your secret santa, sorry for the missing card. The wall hanging is not a wall hanging (although may work as one) it is meant to lay over your ironig board for use while ironing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”