Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:12 am

Hoping this works, here is all the stuff Chriss was able to stuff into one of "those" boxes. Let me see if I can lust them all. A large and small hand made box, a thread catcher with detachable pin cushion, a little journal, a cutter with new blades, a seam ripper, some marking pens, a little jar pin cushion with pins and safety pins, a thimble, 2 charm packs, a fat quarter bundle, three different sizes of Dresden plate rulers. Oh my, have I been spoiled.

But most importantly is all the fun times we have together and even when we are apart. Thank you Chriss for your warm friendship!

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 am

Good morning Everyone,
Tina you really spoiled me I received 10 patterns a beautiful tote bag a cute little christmas wall hanging ,a pack of cute fat quarters a pin tray 3 block books that will make for nice reading because I stopped my subscription 2 wonderful books from quilt in a day, a pair of scissors a package of thread from connecting thread and a spool of bobbin thread for applique .
I really do Love Everything Thank You Tina from the bottom of my Heart.

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 am

Good Morning Girls

WOW …. I'm here to tell you that I am one happy little Elf! My Santa was Mary(Rosebud) and boy did she spoil me! The flat rate box was stuffed! SO many fun things!

An absolutely gorgeous tote bag ( that will likely become my new knitting bag) a little basket STUFFED with fabric pieces... all sorts of beautiful colors and great sizes for finding the perfect piece for applique work, mechanical pencils (which I use a lot of tracing) a new seam ripper, quilting pins, stick pins, and best of all... A little wall hanging, hand embroider with one of my favorite verses about " Where two or more are gathered, I am there" I got goosebumps and a little schmoopy… Zoom in on the photo and you will see how gorgeous it is.

hopefully my picture works!

THANK YOU MARY... for the wonderful box FULL of GIFTS!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:40 am

Hey, look! I did it!! Thank you to my sweet, smart, and dare I say handsome? DH for holding an in-service for me today on picture posting!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:39 am

You are very welcome Lois 🎄🎅

I hope it's ok for me to wait till Tuesday to open. The kids always help me and all 3 won't be there till Tuesday after school. It's been a tradition with us since I started with SS.

Tina

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 am

My SS was Teresa. In my box there were candies, books, ornaments, fabrics, spoon rest, table runner (the quilting on it is beautiful), some wonder clips, project bags, Kleenex, napkins, celebrate dessert plates, thread, note pad, a quilt project, a gift card at my LQS, and some cat candy for my fur babies. Goodness, I hope I didn't forget anything.

Thank you Teresa for all the wonderful gifts you sent me. They are all perfect. You have truly spoiled me with all the wonderful treasures. Once I finish here, I will work on figuring out how to post photos. Thank you again, not only for the wonderful gifts, but for your wonderful friendship.

Mary/Rosebud

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Chriss:

I was your SS. So sorry that I didn't include a card. This is my first year doing SS and I wasn't sure about all of the details of this fun activity. I can't believe how fast you put the crumb quilt blocks together!! You might want to keep it for yourself and do something else for charity. Also, if you want a few more blocks to make it longer just let me know. I have a lot more completed blocks on hand.

I have company coming soon and I have to get ready. I'm going to have to wait to post about my box. DARN. This is torture. Apologies to my SS for the delay.

MaryGo

P.S. I was getting a kick out of you trying to figure out who your package was from. I could tell that it was driving you crazy! This Santa was flying under the radar this year. HO HO HO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Val. I’m so glad you liked your gift. You are a great friend

Marygo. You really fooled me. I have to admit that I usually am the one who forgets to include a card. Thank you for a wonderful gift. The crumb quilt is hanging on my design wall and keeps catching my eye. It’s really cool
Psalm 91

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Yay! I just saw that we can open today so I did. Deb was my Secret Santa and she spoiled me. :D I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! I am so excited to use all these wonderful gifts. There is an apron and oven mitt that I will use starting tomorrow. I love aprons and wear one everyday when I cook. Great fat quarters, a glue pen and a cute have yourself a beary Christmas. So Cute! She made me the lace ornaments and the wood one. These will look great on my lodge theme tree. She also put is some treats, but I can't have them so I will give to the grand kids. Thanks so much Deb for spoiling me!!! :D :D :D :D Merry Christmas! Vinae
ss1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Loving seeing all the pics and posts!! If anyone wants me to post pics for them just let me know! I'd be very happy to.
Tina

The kids may be coming over in a little while, if they do we'll open today!!!
Last edited by gershwin64 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”