Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER LOTTO - Double Slice Layer Cake + Strips: EVERYONE WELCOME!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: DECEMBER LOTTO - Double Slice Layer Cake + Strips: EVERYONE WELCOME!!

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:00 am

Oh My goodness In all the hustle and bustle (only because it takes me so much longer to do anything with this boot and the wheelchair) around here I thought I had posted my pictures of the block. I am sure I got it as far as Postimage but now I can't get it to work ugh. I will try again tomorrow.

WOW Maryz - You definitely made some very festive blocks! I LOVE them! I was so hoping you would not have any trouble with these but you made me giggle, and remember the last time we made them how you needed to un-stitch some because they were backwards. I know what you mean about glasses. Mine are just about needing to be changed. You have 4 the right way. No worries at all, if I can get into the sewing room by the end of the month I can fix them easily.

***A Tip: The small rectangle goes in the upper left AND on the bottom of the two pieces when you sew them. When you open it up after sewing the small rectangle will be in the Upper Left :) :) :)

MaryQ??? Seams like you had a very festive time making this block. I LOVE Easy and Fast and it sounds like it was easy and fast for you to make a HUGE BOX FULL :) :) :)

Katy - What delight I had seeing your Santa hanging on the wall with your Gingerbread Man and Woman and your tree is STUNNING!!!! I think you should post those pictures!!! Very happy you did not injure your back decorating it and you were able to make 6 blocks - YEA!!!! What's next???

Valerie - It is a sad day when we do not have the fabric we need in our stash but A very Happy Day when we have a Festive Reason to go Christmas Shopping!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear what Layer Cake you Purchased. Inquiring minds would LOVE to know!!!!!

I hope you ALL had a Very Merry time Stitching away some Festive Christmas Blocks! Don't forget to spread the word!!!

IF ANYONE HAS A FAVORITE BLOCK - PLEASE CHIME IN!!!!
January Winter Blue's and White's are just around the corner :) :) :)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:07 am

TERESA - sorry half my blocks were sewn wrong. I guess my eyes just skipped over the part in the directions that said "small piece goes in upper left corner". Don't know how I could have missed that! Yes, pictures would have been helpful. You can either send the bad blocks back to me, keep them for yourself, or toss them. Your choice. But I certainly wouldn't want them to go out to the winners. (Unless I win, of course, in which case, problem solved!) :D

I received your package last night of November blocks. I think they were a SS gift from Valerie, my wonderful Secret Santa. And the gifts just keep on coming! Thank you, Valerie! I will put these blocks to good use soon!

Mary z

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Maryz - Your choice of fabrics for your blocks were Purrrrrrrrrfect and will be very festive along with the others!!! Thank you sew much for joining us this month. Eager to see the others when they are made.
Don't worry about your blocks. They are wonderful and I would be delighted to recieve them if I was a WINNER - YEA!!!!! Oh wait ... I need to wait to be picked LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Hoping there are no cougars or coyotes in your walk tonight. That would freak me out as well. We have been blessed that the coyotes have not caught any of our Kitties. That would dearly be sad.
Last edited by TeresaK on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:35 am

Ok, layer cake is here. May try to cut some when the sun comes up a bit before I leave for work. I open the back blind and gives me just enough light to see. Can't remember the name of the layer cake (I could go look but too lazy). Bought it off one of the facebook groups. Needed something and it just popped up!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:20 pm

I will send out tomorrow 6 blocks and 2 strips.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:10 am

Teresa As for Maryq blocks if you turn them around and change sides they might work

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Maryz's blocks will work beautifully. I have NO DOUBTs. I only mentioned it so that others would be careful in sewing that last two sections together. When you look at her blocks they so still work together so again I am not worried.
Maryz - do you have a sister on Survivor? Everytime I watch it I think of you :) :)
Wouldn't it be grand to win a MILLION!!!! If I won I would help Evan finish college, Help Courtney pay of her Dr. Loans, Set up trusts for the grands and then do upgrades to this house so I can get a better price for it and then move closer to the East coast. I have already lost to many years of hands on playing and getting to know my grandchildren.

What would you all do if you won a MILLION????

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:07 am

Move to Hawaii

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 pm

I have 8 blocks to send

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:03 am

Mailed 8 yesterday, texted tracking to Teresa. They should arrive Friday

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”