Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
DouceFleur1

Re: SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Post by DouceFleur1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am

1. Screen name: DouceFleur1
2. Real name: Denise
3. Birthdate: Maarch 11th

4. Favorite color: Purple, lavender, olive green, creams, tone on tone...
5. Least Favorite color: neon colors
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) love most all, except geometric, novelty, too large prints

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: I have a separate room with all fabrics, quilting books, 4 sewing machines but I mostly utilize my electronic Singer Legacy, notions, yarns, floss threads, computer, etc. The walls are white. My hand quilting frame is in the sunroom.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many rotary blades, clips, threads"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much fabrics"
10. My Machine prefers: does not matter___________________ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? not on a regular basis

12. One little thing I really wish for is "Peace on Earth". Different species of animals live together, why can't we..."

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:35 am

1. Screen name: WeeOne
2. Real name: Lyn
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) 6/30

4. Favorite color: Purples, Blues, Pinks, Forrest Green
5. Least Favorite color: Lime green
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) Not 1960's big flowers or modern wild shapes. I like most fabrics, tone on tone, small floral or shapes

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it.___ I don't have a sewing room in the Motorhome. I set up my machine in the living room so I can watch TV while sewing. I have limited wall space, but can suction cup hang things on a couple of mirrors or the windows. You get creative in an RV.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many___1 x 6" rulers or Clover clips______"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much_________Happiness__________________"
10. My Machine prefers _____My machine can't read, LOL, I use a lot of Mettler______ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? Not at this time.

12. One little thing I really wish for_____Everyone have a blessed Christmas_____

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:18 pm

1. Screen name: dsf618
2. Real name: Deb Skinner Kisly (Deb unless I an in trouble then it is Debra Sue Skinner Kisly!)
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) June 18, 1962
4. Favorite color: pinks, purples, solid Amish colors now that I have Amish neighbors
5. Least Favorite color: blacks, browns
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) I like novelty for the kids. I am not found of Civil War. 30 repros are cool. Actually I will work with anything!!!

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. My dining room table when I can find it!

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many FQs, 2 1/2 inch trips hand quilting needles"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much fabric!"
10. My Machine prefers (I don't know. I have an embroidery machine that likes whatever thread a Brother 180D takes) brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? Scrap fabric, 6 1/2 inch squares, backing

12. One little thing I really wish for: well with the Lupus my eyesight is deteriorating rapidly. The macular degeneration is now 75% wet. My field of vision is now less than 10% which makes me legally blind. I can see enough to drive during the day but never in low light nor night. I only hand quilt which is becoming problematic when it comes to threading the needles. For Christmas my son is looking into getting me the light with the magnifiers built in. So anything that would help me with this.

Health wise I am having trouble with cutting fabric so anything that would help me with this as well.

An of course anything you make or think I might like! I collect moose and would love to do a moose quilt!!
I also love basset hounds and have 2 - Cleo Cooper Kisly and Sophie Tucker Kisly!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:52 am

1. Screen name: Teresak
2. Real name: Teresa
3. Birthdate: 5-26-1956; 63yrs :)

4. Favorite color: Any Fall, Any Christmas. Spring Flowers Fabrics
Plus Blues (ask Katie - MePeace2)
5. Least Favorite color: Neon colors
6. Favorite type: Traditional

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: As Courtney says I have taken over 2 rooms on one side of the home. I have a sewing room and a Longarm room. I have a Freedom APQS machine and a Janome 6600

8. Complete this sentence: too many Thread Pics (I order mine from Amazon Prime - JoAnns doesn’t carry them any more 😒 and thin long pins with tiny white balls on one end.

9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much Petite to Medium Flowers or Sewing Novelty Fabric or digital quilting designs from Christy Dillion. My Creative Stitches.

10. My Machine prefers LongArm - Superior So Fine 50wt; Janome - Connecting Threads 50wt; Neutral colors

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? Prayer quilts for the church.

12. One little I really wish for
(1) to be able to find someone I can stay with so I could go to The Houston Quilt Show.
(2). Add thin trim to my folding doors in my quilt room.

I’ll be back soon to finish on my Laptop 👍👏👍

Please add any other information that you would like your Santa to know about.
My lungs can’t handle any scents. Candles, powder, perfume, etc. I go in to massive coughing spells.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”