Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

August Lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

August Lotto

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi Girls.

Ok here is the August lotto block.... super easy!

Just make 6.5” x 3.5” FG in your preferred method. ( I do them El’s way). They should be opposites so you can put them together as in the picture. You’ll need 2 6.5” sets of FG. Then you’ll need 2 6.5” squares for each block. Lay them out as shown.

For colors, let’s go with fall colors, rust, Browns, soft oranges, golds, etc

As soon as I figure out how to add picture... I’ll post. Having trouble getting pic resized small enough. Any body got any ideas?

Received: Linda. 6 beautiful fall blocks

Maryz 6 Gorgeous fall blocks!

Teresa 2 Fantastic Fall Blocks

09-01-19 Girls..... Since August was a slow month, with only 4 of us able to make blocks this mnth, I'm going to hang on to them and put them with the September Lotto.... Which I will post soon, I promise. Am just a little behind on everything since I've been sick. Am happy to say I am getting my energy back... little by little and hope to hit the sewing machine today!

Thank you for your patience
Last edited by maryq on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

maryq

Re: August Lotto

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Here we go. If you’d like me to text you a better picture Pm me your phone

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:39 am

Hi Mary.....this looks interesting!!
Since our Avatars needed to be resized to 90 pixels, possibly our pictures also will need to be.

Try going into your pictures, right click on the one you choose, then click on "EDIT", then "RESIZE". Should bring you to where you can change the pixels. Worth a try anyway. :)
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:57 am

Here are my 6 to send to Mary. These are a lot of fun to make up......and easy!!
Here goes my first attempt to add a photo......hope it isn't too large.
20190727_103224 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:09 am

I'm hoping to join this lotto and since it's still July, I have lots of time. We are moving out of the lower story of our house right now and will be ripping up carpeting and tile (ourselves) for new install coming mid-august. Then we have to move back everything back in again. But a new fall quilt would look nice in there when we're finished, right? So, Mary, I'm REALLY going to try to join this month!

mary z

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:52 pm

I saw this block on MSC today. It makes a cute quilt.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 am

Mary, you should have 6 blocks from me by now. I know you're in WI for a couple of days but they should be waiting for you when you get back.

mz

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:18 pm

Linda - Your blocks are FABulous!! Love the fall colors!!!! Wish I lived where the colors are striking. I really should take a road trip LOL!!!

Maryz - Happy to see you were able to make some blocks in the midst of renovating your downstairs. Why do you live downstairs? Is it cooler??

Working on some of mine plus quilting Linda's (Rose92) quilt for her Fair in September.

Happy Stitching!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:39 pm

WOW - for some reason doing the FG El's way really slowed me down or it could be these silly meds.

Linda. LOVE you Blocks. Great colors and fabrics !!!!!
Can’t wait to see all the others 👏👏👍👍👏

Very Happy I was able to make some.
I made 3 but want to keep one for me as I reeeeeeeeeeeeally LOVE the block. I want to make some more with different colors of FG. THANKs Mary for a GREAT choice :)

Sew I am SENDING 2 - - MAILED today (Saturday) - - Due to arrive to you on Tuesday - - - YEA!!!
Oh Hand of the Picker PLEASE Pick me - - Fingers crossed :) :) :)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:59 am

It is September 1st - WOW

I don't see where Mary Recieved my blocks :( :(

Is it PICKING DAY??????

BOING, BOING, BOING!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”