Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Blocks Swap! Thank You All!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
billizzy

Re: Christmas Block Swap!! A FULL swap!!

Post by billizzy » Wed May 15, 2019 1:10 am

I am in :) I dont know what block just yet. I need to think on that. I gave momma my christmas quilt from a past swap and now dont have one. I do have some blocks from another and may add them to this one so I can get a king size quilt.

It will be nice to be in a swap again. Glad I have til july will take me that long LOL :)

Izzy
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 15, 2019 2:36 am

VINAE, I love your ornament! and I love metallic fabrics, especially for a Christmas quilt. It's glitter that doesn't go down so well! lol!

IZZY - welcome! You're in! Lucky for all of us, but what a healing milestone for you!

I've been stitching on my snowmen. Knowing how popular the Christmas swap always is, I'm starting out with 17 blocks but have fabric set aside to make 3 more if we fill up to 20.

mary z

javin22

Post by javin22 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 am

Izzy- welcome back to the swaps. It is great to have you join in again.

MaryZ- Yeah I agree. I do use glitter fabrics sometimes when making other projects, but I know how they leave the glitter everywhere. I prefer metallics.

I have 7 ornaments made. I haven't decided which sleigh pattern I will use yet, but I will look later.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 am

Yay Izzy! So happy to have you feeling better and better enough to join us in our Christmas fun!
Tina

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 am

Can I make a Christmas themed spool. I have the spool die which would help me cut accurately and I thought I could do it with christmas fabrics. If that is OK :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZcMba ... 3ZcMbahlmA

El loves it LOL :)

Izzy
🐐izzy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 am

I have been reading the comments regarding glitter vs metallic. I guess I thought they were the same thing? How do you know the difference?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:50 am

Valerie, Metallic is a paint that is shinny on the fabric and glitter is tiny flakes that are glued on. The glitter can flake off and gets all over. The fabric on the left is metallic and the one on the right is glitter. Hope that helps.

javin22

Post by javin22 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:02 am

Tina- I looked back through the years of Christmas swaps, and I did a sleigh a few years ago, so I think I should do something else for my second set. I will figure out something else that will be cute. I have 15 ornaments done for my first set and I will see how many more sign. up. I hope others will consider a second set especially since they can be different sizes.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:07 am

Izzy, I don't see why not, I've seen all sorts of things made for Christmas out of spools.
Valerie, I think the easiest way to know if something is glitter is to rub your hand on it, if it comes off on you you'll know it's glitter ;)
Vinae, that's fine.
Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 am

Tina, this sounds like fun. I'm going to think on this one and let you know. I could get them done in Canada and mail them when I come back to Colorado in early July. Hmmm??
Lyn

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”