Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Scrappy bow ties, SWAP COMPLETE blocks delivered

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Scrappy bow ties, SWAP COMPLETE blocks delivered

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Are you ready for some bow ties?

2 weeks to sign up. Now through Tuesday January 18th

8 weeks to make your blocks and send them to me. Now through Friday March 15th.

Mail blocks to me by Monday March 18th using priority mail and save your receipt, it will have your tracking number on it. Blocks and return postage must be in my possession by Friday 3/22 so I can sort and mail them back to you Monday 3/25.

Postage $7.25. No stamps, no checks, pre-paid labels are fine, international will be worked out individually. I have Flat Rate envelopes to send your blocks back to you so please don't send return envelopes.

Please attach a label( OR NOT, QUILTERS CHOICE) to each block with your forum name, real name, city and state. Keep the blocks flat, no individual baggies. Put your blocks in a large zip lock bag with your address on it before sending it to me.

This swap will be closed when either we have 20 sign ups or the 2 week sign up period is past.

THE FUN PART.
This is where I try to confuse you a bit.

I want to us to use this pattern http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MiniBowT ... Block.html

Quilters Cache mini bow tie block. 4 bow ties make a 12 inch block BUT don’t sew the 4 bow ties together, leave them separate. So, instead of sending in one 12 1/2 unfinished block you will send in four 6 1/2 blocks for each swapper. This saves you a step and lets the swappers put the blocks together any way they like.

I have noticed that quilters cache blocks are pretty tight so you might want to make your pieces a smidgen bigger than the directions read. And sew a scant 1/4 inch seam.

COLOR AND FABRIC.

Use pre washed 100% cotton. No muslin, No Pastels, No Glitter,

Mix things up. Make it scrappy. You can use whatever fabric you have in your stash, go wild. Please use creams or tans or beige as your background fabric. Tone on tone is fine. No white.

THE FINE PRINT
Make sure your blocks are ready for the person receiving them to square up and sew together.

If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric they will be returned to you using your postage. Be sure to re-check the size and seams before mailing.

I run a tight drama free swap. If you are a person who can't send on time or if you think the rules are to strict please don't sign up.

Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum.

If you join you must comment in this swap thread once a week with an update

I use only this forum and e-mail for communication. If you need my e-mail address please PM me.

17 swappers times 4 of the 6 1/2" unfinished blocks is 68 blocks

Received

12) MaryGoRound, MaryGo Delivered

3) Kenderosa, Sue delivered

16) Javin22, Vinae delivered

7) Javin22, Vinae delivered

6) FavoriteGrandma , Becky delivered

17) FavoriteGrandma , Becky delivered

1) Marilynsgrammy, Chriss delivered

2) Purrfectlady, Maryz Delivered

8) gershwin64, Tina delivered

15) Purrfectlady, Maryz Delivered

10) Rosebud3, Mary Rose delivered

4) Zfatcat, Lori delivered

5) Maryq delivered

14) Marilynsgrammy, Chriss delivered

11) sewingbee44, Yvette delivered

WeSignificant, Valerie Delivered

13) Muse&Sew, Beverly Delivered

Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Re: Scrappy bow ties, SWAP COMPLETE blocks delivered

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 am

Chriss, sign me up! I love scrappy and bow ties sound fun! Plus, I have scrappy fabrics with me in my trailer! I can get started today! Thanks for hosting!!

mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:05 am

Maryz, I love scrappy and this is such an easy block. There are also so many choices for laying out the quilt. That is why I want the "deconstructed" 12 1/2 inch block.

I also relaxed the rules a bit. I hope that lets more join. I think we have a reliable group on this forum now.

Thanks for signing up.
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:43 am

Trying to do the Math. If we have 20 sign ups we do 80 6 1/2 inch blocks? 10 sign ups 40 blocks? I am going to go look at the pattern.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 am

I'm thinking about it Chriss. I need to make sure I have enough scraps of background fabrics.

Mary/Rosebud

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:43 am

Hi Chriss, sign me up! Part of my New Year Resolution is to get more involved. Like old times. :o) Thanks for doing this.

Sue

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:02 am

Val, yes, 4 - 6 inch blocks equal 1 - 12 inch block. If you sewed the 4 small blocks together they would be one 12 inch block. I am just asking that you not sew them into a 12 inch block but leave them as four 6 inch blocks. that way the person receiving the blocks can put them together in any way they like. If you google bow tie blocks you can see how many different lay outs there are for the tops. I think leaving them as 6 inchers allows for more variations.

Maryrose, I would love to have you in this swap. Please search high and low for those scraps. Go get some remnants from your LQS so you can make the blocks.

Sue, yay!! I'm so glad you are getting involved !! I will love having you in this swap.

Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:19 am

Chriss, I'm in. I've never done a bowtie block before. I love scrappy. Lori
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:43 am

Yay Lori, this pattern is so so simple. I love scrappy too. I have been often told how scrappy I am, LOL.

Psalm 91

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:38 am

Hi Chriss,
Let me try one this next week to see if I can get the correct measurement. I may be in! Thanks, Becky

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”