Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Scrappy bow ties, SWAP COMPLETE blocks delivered

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Scrappy bow ties, SWAP COMPLETE blocks delivered

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am

Maryz. Do you have off white. I just hate the thought of you having to shop
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Mary I am simply grieving your having to visit a new quilt shop! Can I go with you? PLEASSSSSSSEEEEEE!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Valerie, if you're going shopping with Mary I should go too. Someone responsible needs to keep an eye on you two. LOL.

Vinae, those colors are gorgeous.

I am cutting a few color squares each night, I have enough now for 6 swappers. I need a new rotary cutter blade, I think I will change that now before I cut up my next set.

So glad this is an easy block, makes it fun and quick to do.

Chriss

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 am

VAL, of course you can come shopping with me! The more the merrier! You drive, OK? CHRISS - you can come, too, and bring the bail money! Now who will be the responsible person of whom you spoke?

And no, I have a beautiful snowy white TOT Chrysanthemum print but no creams, tans, beige's or ecrus. A pretty limited stash in my RV. But after we get set up this afternoon, maybe we can go out looking for a quilt shop. Internet tells me there are two in the town of Bastrop, TX, where we'll be. And we know the internet never lies, right?

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:45 am

Maryz, Not only does the internet never lie, everything is bigger in Texas. so those quilt shops must be huge. Wear your tennis shoes and dress comfortably, you will be busy.

I have a TOT Chrysanthemum print but its yellow on yellow. Not much of it left, hey, that makes it a scrap.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 am

Don't be intimidated.

In swaps there are always those who can get right to work and finish their blocks in no time at all and send them in.

There are those who finish and send their blocks in sometimes near the middle of the swap.

And there are those who finish up just in the nick of time and send them in and they get here on the due date.

All three are great swappers and do beautiful work.

You will always, no matter what, have until the due date to get your blocks to me. Don't ever feel rushed to get them done early, they only need to be done on time.

javin22

Post by javin22 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:56 am

MaryZ, I think I will have to join you and the others in the shopping spree. I am running out of the background as well.

These are such a quick and easy block to do, it is therapy sewing for me. Some days, I like simple easy things like this just to be sewing. I did some fussy cutting for some of these and I think they will be cute.

Chriss, I am glad you like the colors. I had to nix the mauve ones that I cut out in the second pic, it was really thin fabric. I think I will just throw the whole piece of fabric out. I can't see a use for it. It was in my stash from a yard sale. Too bad because it was a pretty color.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:35 am

I am glad this is an easy block or I wouldn't be able to participate. I can't sew in the mornings or past about 8 at night as Dad won't close his door so I can't have the light on. He gets too cold.

I have fabric cut for 5 swappers. Will cut some more tonight. Didn't realize I some "Wild" fabric. And it really doesn't take much. I have tried to fussy cut a few but without my fussy cut rulers, not working so well.

LQS is 25 miles away so will wait till I have a patient in that town to go get the background.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:49 am

Chris please sign me up.

It's going to be cute!

Thanks
Yvette :>

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:57 pm

I have the color squares cut for 33 bow ties. I just got home from work and heating up the oven to make some fish sticks. After I eat my plan is to cut out some more colored blocks before bedtime.

I have an idea forming in my brain about how I want to put them all together. I need to graph it out to be sure it will work though.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”