Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:05 am

HI Girls

ARE YOU READY???? I sure am!

Since we all have our packages, no sense waiting any longer. SO if you see this post today (Sunday) Go ahead an rip open those packages!

As always, be gracious and thankful. Remember your Santa put a lot of time and energy into your special gift and I'm sure anxious to hear from you. As you open your package, say a special little prayer for your Santa---that her heart too will be filled with the joy of the season of Christmas.

READY ---- SET----- GO

auntjana

Re: Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:42 am

Let the fun begin!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 am

All I can say is THANK YOU CINDYG. You got it just right. The bag looks just like me with all that bling and the smaller bag is great too. However I may be going to save the larger bag for a spring purse. LOl It is wonderful. I also love all the sewing gadgets and the amazing candy jar with candy. I think you girls know me too well. A mystery book I will enjoy reading. O yes I almost forgot the fuzzy socks and a fuzzy duster . Cindy you really spoiled me this year.
And I really love the bling you sent maybe to go with horses I got before or the new table runner kit from Shabby fabrics .
I must have been a very good girl. Thank you Cindy Thank you
Katy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:58 am

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Vinae Reeves,(javin22) your package was filled to the brim with wonderful goodies..fabrics and patterns to keep me quilting for a good deal of time...Socks to keep my feet warm, A Christmas towel to add to my collection...a draw string bag for my camping goodies, so many patterns the book is facinating I cannot wait to read it,,,A Christmas Carol is my favorite story and this is so intriging,,The Bob Marley story...the book cover fits it perfectly and will keep it like new...The Christmas charms and Fqs have me wanting to sew with them right away. Your generousity and care have me in tears....thank you so much,,,LOve Judi

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:28 am

Thank you to my Special Secret Santa, Denise (DouceFleur1). I am so thrilled to be blessed with you as my Santa.
My box was simply over flowing with goodies all wrapped up in beautiful Snowmen fabric. Inside the neatest project tote filled with patterns, a wall hanging kit, binding clips, notepad, tape measure, and cutest "hummingbird" threader. OMG! Hope I didn't forget to mention something. I am so blessed! Thank you so very much!!!
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:18 am

My santa was Kathy! Kathy, you really outdid yourself. I feel so spoiled! I received a vintage quilting book with patterns for an Album quilt, another quilting book, two QIAD patterns, ( one named “Autumn” 😃), fuzzy socks, sewing themed bandages, ( Who doesn’t need them for the occasional sewing emergency! ), Big bag of peanut M&Ms, several fat quarters of interesting fabrics, A roll of fat eighths to go with El’s Victory Quilts ( and I have that book! ), box of Bird-themed notecards (and I just happento be camped next to a world bird sanctuary), And two, count them-TWO- beautiful totebags! One in moose fabric which I dearly love and the other in Texas blubonnet fabrics. And I was needing a tote yesterday to gather up some stuff! Kathy, you are so sweet and so generous! I love it all!

Thank you!
Your grateful elf,
Mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 am

I surprised I was to get a SS gift in the mail. Chriss took the time to put together a little something for me (only it really was a big something!) I did not sign up this year so imagine my surprise. Included in the box was a A Jelly Roll pattern book, a piece of fabric with a cream background and red print, a fall themed jelly roll by moda, a fall themed panel with matching items to be made into a wonderful quilt, a piece to tone on tone blue fabric, a blue floral print, a hand made combination thread catcher and pin cushion, a spool of essential thread (have never tried this brand but been thinking about it, a butterfly notepad, a magnetic pin holder with some pins and needles, a an American Jane tote bag which I am sure she bought at the show we went to. I will be hiding that from my granddaughter who is coming for winter break.

CHRISS I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR INCLUDING ME! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Valerie

Oh and Mary, thank you so much for doing this and for letting us open early!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:19 am

Woohoo! I just saw that we can open today, so I did! Thanks so much to my Secret Santa Honey B! I got some really cute fabrics, and oven mitt/hot pads sets,a Joann's bag, and a pretty decorative container.Thanks so much Honey, I am excited to see what I can make with those fun fabrics and I am going to use my hot pad sets right away. So cute!! Merry Christmas. Image
[/img]

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:02 pm

My SS this year was Deb (dsf618). Deb thank you sew much for all my wonderful gifts. You are the best ever.

Deb made me a quilty Christmas stocking. She stuffed it full with two bags of horehound candy, a pack of quilter's flat flower pins, a jar of curved safety pins, a pack of John James hand quilting needles, two beautiful tree ornaments (an angel and a bell), a set of penguin salt and pepper shakers (they are adorable), a one year subscription to Quiltmaker Magazine (wow), a carry-along reference guide for Hand Embroidery (another awesome and very useful tool), and a "Christmas tree" made from folded up Christmas fabrics (I don't want to take it apart until I take a picture of the tree).

Again, thank you so much Deb. I love them all.

Mary/Rosebud

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Me too, I just find out we can open our package today!!

My Secret Santa is Mary Margaret! Oh my gosh, You have spoiled me!! Thank you so much for all the goodies. I love them all. I got a small pouch with a key ring and there was a brooch in the pouch; a sewing case with my name on it and inside there are needles, seam ripper, tape mesure, sewing gauge, pins, clips, needle treaders, buttons. I also got another pouch with a note pad, a pocket planner and spools of my favorite hand quilting thread; dish cloths and hand embroidered dish towels; a sewing machine ornament; a crochet case including crochets and needles, fat quarters and a beautiful tote. And all are in my favorite colors.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you! Wishing you all the best of the season!

Denise xoxoxo

(edited to correct spelling);

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”