Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:19 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Blocks were MAILED on MONDAY - Arriving on FRIDAY because of the Holiday. THANK YOU ALL so much for making this such a HAPPY PLACE for ME!!!!

Oasis - Linda (sending Angel Package to Flo - Thank You for being so sweet) 9505 5148 6998 8365 1091 11

QuiltGram - Velda ... 9505 5148 6998 8365 1091 04

This is what we have this month - THANK YOU for NOT giving up!!!!
2 blocks, 1 FQs, Pieces of Strips to make 3 blocks
6 blocks, 2 FQs, 7 Strips
4 blocks, 2 FQs, 7 Strips
5 blocks, 2 FQs
2 blocks; 2 FQs
4 blocks
23 blocks, 9 FQs, 16 strips
After thinking about it I have decided to pick 3 winners; 7,7,8 Blks
Then divide the FQs so they can make more Squares.

It was a wonderful Block to make on the LAST Month of the Year and the LAST month I will be a Hostess. A HUGE THANK YOU again for making this a wonderful 6 years. I have enjoyed it tremendously!!! It gave me another purpose to enjoy quilting as I do. BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
I will look forward to joining in on the months ahead. Just need to remember to make early and send early :) :) :)

CONGRATULATIONS go to !!!!!
Oasis - Linda (sending her ANGEL winnings to Flo)
QuiltGram - Velda
TeresaK - Teresa - Yea to ALL of Us!!!!!! I can't wait to see a quilt made from these. 6 of them on my wall look very pretty :) :) :)

WELCOME to the LAST LOTTO Month of 2018. IT has been a Wonderful Year with a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR just around the corner!!!
As always these are the simple rules:
* Sign-ups to let me know who wants to enjoy making this block if Life Happenings don't get in the way.
* COMMUNICATION as always is the biggest Key. Let everyone know how you are doing. Don't leave the hostess hanging at the end of the month wondering if you were or were not able to make some beauties because there were soooo many parties to go to
* There are NO stupid questions, so please ask away. I know many will be able to answer if I don't see it first.
* Enjoy the journey of anticipation :) :)
Do you remember all those Christmas Strips and 5" blocks we traded last Christmas?? This is a Great Block to use them. We will make a beautiful Easy Christmas Block. I don't know the name of it so I hope some will help me with it. It is easy to make and will make a beautiful quilt.
* Make a TEST BLOCK to find your quarter inch seam and MEASURE your 2.5” STRIPS. NO SOLIDS PLEASE. Think Christmas Swirls, snowflakes etc ...
Start with a 4.5” WoW Christmas style square.
Add 2.5” Christmas strips to opposite sides of the square.

Repeat again with the other sides of the square.

Square to 8.5”. Do Not Undercut.
Give yourself a few fibers depending on how thick your thread is.

Cut a 5” WoW Square. Fold in half diagonally and fold again. Open it up and place the center of the square on the TIP of the Center Corner. Make sure it is the proper position then begin diagonally stitching checking to see your stitching goes across the tip. See picture.

Repeat for the next set of 2.5” strips and corners.

So - Let's Get Started making some MERRY Blocks.

BEFORE MAILING - - -
* Attach your Address Label PLEASE to the FRONT CORNER
* Place ALL blocks in ONE LARGE BAGGIE.
* PLEASE add $2-$3 to help with Shipping to the WINNERs

DIFFERENT WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets …
* 1 ticket for each block
* 2 extra tickets - For Each WOF strips
* 3 extra tickets - For Each coordinating FQ

MAILED ————
MePeace - Katy ... 2 blocks, 1 FQ, Pieces of Strips to make 3 blocks
TeresaK - Teresa ... 6 blocks , 2 FQs, 7 Strips
MaryQ - Mary ... 4 blocks, 2 FQs, 7 Strips
Quiltgram8 - Velda ... 5 blocks, 2 FQs
Oasis - Linda S ... 4 blocks
FlorenceM - Flo ... 2 blocks; 2 FQ's

QuiltGram8

Re: DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:16 pm

I am a little confused with the directions. I will have to try this with some fabrics and see if I can figure out the sizes to use, etc.
Will not commit just yet. See if I can do this one???
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Re: DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Make a TEST BLOCK to find your quarter inch seam.
MEASURE your 2.5” STRIPS.

Hi Velda. I redid the instructions. I Hope this is better.

Please let me know if there is a better way to word it.
Merry ⛄️❄️☃️❄️⛄️ Stitching

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 am

Thank you Teresa, that does help a lot! But yes, will try it first, then I will let you know. :) Happy stitching.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:18 am

Teresa Does it go together like a log cabin Kinda
Maybe will try

Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:01 am

Printed out the directions

will give it a try!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Teresa, where did you find the pattern for this block? I'd like to try and find it and see if I can make it before making a decision. Thanks.

Mary/Rosebud

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Block looks like Bonnie Hunter's "Pineapple Blossom" listed under her free patterns.

Sue

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 am

Teresa photos of the process might help. This does look and sound a bit confusing.

Joan

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:43 am

Ohhhh...I will play this month! Hello everyone!
But my WOW may not be Christmas style, just Every day. Will that be ok? With chemo avoiding large stores.
Flo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”