Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 am

I don't have access to enough of my Christmas fabric to be able to do this in a scrappy version and I don't have any Christmas white on white so I guess I'll have to bail for this month
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Oasis

Re: DECEMBER Lotto - A FUN/EASY block - HAPPY NEW YEAR! Packages delivered. Have FUN!!!

Post by Oasis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi Teresa....I would like to join you for your hosting of your last LOTTO. Tried the block this morning and will send 4.

TIP: remember to put your white corners on the 8.5 block BEFORE you add the next/last row. Will save a bit of frog stitch. ;)
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Katy. Goes more like a courthouse block. Opposite sides.

Wonderful Mary. I know once the first one is done you will get hooked. I know I did!!!

Rosebud. I saw a picture of it on Pintrest and then figured out the math. Easy peasy once you do your first one.

Chickie. I will go take a look. Hope you can join us. It is Merry and FUN!!!

Joan. Once you read the directions at the same time looking at the picture and thinking Courthysteps with corner you will LOVE it.

Flo. Use what you have if you can’t get Christmas WoW just make sure it is pretty.

Valerie. ☹️☹️☹️ You were the one that got me started as a hostess. I was hoping you would be here this month. It is still way early. Who knows what might happen.

Linda. Splendid!!!! Eager to see 👍👍🤗

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:27 am

I may try this in non Christmas fabric. I have my box of scraps I can get to. And I think I have some cream/tan pieces I could use for the white. Then I can at least try it.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:51 am

Teresa do we get xtra points or just points for blocks

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:14 am

THanks for letting me know I had forgotten to add that part of the Lotto info. We are up to speed now I believe.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:59 am

I do not know why But I am having all kinds of trouble with this block.
So going to start over lol Cut all pieces first
I finally got one done I think a light bulb went on Will make one more later.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:49 am

Hi Lotto friends. I too had a bit of trouble. I made the mistake of not setting my machine to my 1/4" setting. Boy! That really threw off my measurements at the first round where we are to square up before adding the next round. A little frogging doesn't hurt. LOL. I sure was mad at myself for such a silly mistake. Today I will do another block or two.
So it's official.... Count me in this month. :)
Edited to say that I finished my blocks. I have 5 to mail in.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 am

Hi guys

Here's my blocks... made 4 so far... Was pretty easy actually, tho it looks more difficult. I'm really liking this pattern, and was thinking how cute it would be in 30's prints.... of just scrappy kid prints. I have a tote box full of just strips... might just make a quilt out of all those strips!

[/img]

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Katy - Happy you were able to figure it out and are now having FUN making them.

Velda - Yes, It is all in the quarter inch seam. I was happy to talk it out with you on the phone. Always sweet to hear your voice.

Mary - The first block is always the hardest then the rest is smooth sailing. Your blocks are very festive indeed. Your triangles though need to cross the corner TIPs of the center. So if you make any more that would be my one area to be careful at.

👍👍👍 DOn't forget to send the Strips and the FQ for extra tickets!! Yea!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”