Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2019 Lotto Survey

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

2019 Lotto Survey

Post by maryq » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:59 am

Good Morning Girls

It is with great joy that I announce that I will be your New Lotto Hostess!

Now.... there are some decisions to be as to how to go forward with this fun swap that Teresa started six years ago! I need your input.

So, if you would be so kind let me know what you think about the questions below.

1. Would you like a lotto
a) every month?
b) every other month?
c) quarterly?

2. Since this is Eleanor's Forum, we have been using as many of her patterns as possible, but there are a zillion other patterns around the web, including MSQC... Would it be okay if we used other patterns as well?

3. Do you prefer easy or challenging? Or a combination of both?

I prefer easy as far as number of tickets given. 1 per block etc maybe extra for strips or FQ... Is that too much? When mailing to me, I don't feel I need the tracking number, but as long as you have it to track a package that's fine by me.

So any other suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Mary
a

zfatcat

Re: 2019 Lotto Survey

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:24 am

I like every other month or q quarterly. Ticketing should be whatever you want. I just make them for fun. Lori
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:31 am

1. Any time frame is okay with me. We can choose to join or not. It's how much is on your plate and often can you keep up with hostess job. I did it before Teresa and it can be time consuming. With online post office now though that might make it easier.

2. I prefer any pattern, QIAD or other,

3. Right now I prefer easy as I am so time limited but others may prefer challenging to increase their skills.

4. I prefer easy for the tickets too. One per block, I am often using scraps and therefore not enough fabric to cut strips or FQ.

Teresa was excellent in her ability to manage all those tickets! but not everyone has that ability. I would not be able to keep something like that up right now, so not comfortable asking someone else too.

I think Dad is up, guess my day is about to really begin!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:58 am

I like whatever you like. I will join in when I can or won't join if I can't.

You're the hostess, make it as easy on yourself as possible

Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Mary, thank you so much for taking us on! I like simple patterns, Eleanor’s when possible, simple ticketing, and every other month. I will join when I can. But most of all, make it as easy on yourself as possible. We can be a handful!! ;o)

Thanks again, Mare!❤

Mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 am

Mary Thank you for taking over.
1. I prefer every month.
2. All patterns .
3. Both but take into consideration holidays. need easy certain times of year.
4. One per block plus some for something fun {like your happiest birthday}

Mary I also like the multiple and size block lottos.
But please make it fun for you too.
Katy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Thank you Mary for taking it over this year although I didn't start it. Valerie asked me to take it over when life got hectic for her 6 years ago. It was FUN and I would still do it again but yes it is time to let someone else have the FUN in hosting and I am happy you decided to ENJOY the RIDE!!

My vote is to keep it the same.
* Every month. Pals can join in when they can.
* QIAD blocks for most but it is your choice.
* I like the tickets the way that don't cost in more fabric/postage but lets us learn more about each other.
* I Love a good challenge in between easy to moderate blocks. EVERYONE LOVED the 5" Square Charm Month so I hope you will include that one as well. Maybe a WOF Strip Month also? Your call always now.
* FIRST CLASS Postage come with FREE TRACKING. This is IMPORTANT to the hostess. Let's you choose the WINNERs while waiting for the end of the month packages - YEA!!!!

My bucket list has always been to post a picture of quilts I have made from El's Corner. There's always Hope :) :)

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that YOU WILL BE A FABulous HOSTESS!!!!! Carry on, my Friend :) :)

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm

With some of our Ladies still working and you having Grandchildren out of state,

1. maybe every other month and bit more time between would be nice. However, I'm in for anything you choose.

2. El's are nice, but there are so many nice patterns available. If someone sees a particular pattern and suggests it, then that is fun also.

3. I agree with the combination of ease/challenging. Some months are busier than others, so go accordingly. That said, there have been some challenging blocks that I would not have tried if not for it being the "chosen" block. So sometimes it is good to push ourselves out of our safety zones.

4. The tickets are strictly up to you. Whatever is easiest for you and your time schedules.

Thank you for taking up the LOTTO fun. The LOTTO was the first thing I read when I joined QIAD community a long time ago, May/2007. I think Caroline47 was the hostess then.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:06 pm

Linda I have been trying to figure out who I took it over from but for the life of me I can't remember. May need to try and pull up some old posts

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Looks like January 2008 was the first one and yes it was with Caroline

20 participants!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”