Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2019 Lotto Survey

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Re: 2019 Lotto Survey

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 am

Mary, so happy you've picked up the hostess spot, Teresa did a great job. I'm not sure if my 2 cents count because I'm lucky if I get to join once or twice a year. For the past couple of years with Mom so sick it was even less, I really wanted to participate but just didn't have the time. This last 12 month's when Mom got so bad and then passed away made it even less for me sewing, I've still not been able to get back to how I sewed before. That being said I say it's totally up to you how often, what's going on in your life and what you feel comfortable doing. I love the ideas of doing more variety of blocks and easy ticket per block. I'll join in as I can, I learned a lot from doing the lotto when I started on the forum and my life was less crazy ;)
You rock Mary!
Tina

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:20 am

Mary, I too am happy to hear that you picked up the hostess spot. I'm of the same mind as Tina. What ever is easiest for you. I don't join in very often so I would just leave it up to you. Same with the choice of blocks, and tickets for entry.

Just have fun with it and not to add any stress in being hostess.

Hope to join in a bit more this coming year.

Joan

P.S. Thank You Teresa for being hostess for the past 6 years.

girl

Post by girl » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm

I 'm back to work and it makes it hard for me to join and its been along time since I posted and even read about the newest posts. congrates and I know you will do just fine. Make it easy on yourself. Have fun with it too.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 am

Congratulations, Maryq! You will be awesome as Teresa as been for six years. It's important that you choose what makes it fun and easy for YOU!

Here are my answers to your survey, but please remember to do what is best for YOU!!
1.I like every month, but if you as hostess would like a different pattern, that would be fine with me. I don’t enter every month due to busy schedule or not having the fabric on hand to participate. So whatever…

2. …… It’s nice to honor Eleanor, but I know there are lots of other fun patterns to explore. I personally have found many at MSQC.

3.…I like EASY!

4. I think simple tickets 1 per block is quite enough and quite fair across the board.

Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Honeybrown60

Post by Honeybrown60 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:27 am

Mary,

Thanks for taking on the Challenge. I will join in when I can, but will most certainly take a look at the newest lotto! Make it easy on yourself:

1. Would you like a lotto? - YES
a) every month? - YES
b) every other month? - YES
c) quarterly? - YES

2. Would it be okay if we used other patterns as well? - YES

3. Do you prefer easy or challenging? Or a combination of both? - BOTH

I prefer easy as far as number of tickets given. 1 per block etc maybe extra for strips or FQ... Is that too much? - NO

Honey

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:30 am

I don't have an opinion about timing. I have found many MSQC patterns. Maybe we could mix it up. I like easy because my eyesight is still playing games and with the stress level here with daughter and son in law I have been Lupus flaring.

Tickets up to you. Maybe 1 ticket per block, 1 ticket for signing up, 1 ticket for posting you mailed?

You will be a fantastic hostess!

morgans4

Post by morgans4 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:26 am

Oh, please continue with this every month. I look forward to it so much, although I cannot enter each and every 1.

I do love the easy ways that blocks are made at MSQC and would love it if those were included with Eleanor's. Jenny makes it look so easy.

I love trying anything new, so easier and harder both would be appreciated. Applique, piecing, crazy quilting, all is fine for me.
I think it is good to step out of our comfort ranges from time to time and try something new. If it doesn't work out, well, what was the harm in trying it? And perhaps it will become a new favorite thing.

The way the tickets are distributed currently seems fine to me. If there is a WOF that also will get a ticket, well, I think we all probably have a good stash to sort through for that. Or 5" or 10" squares as well.

Thanks for taking over. I love this site.
Joanne

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:24 am

I've got 2 cents...here it is.
Thank You Teresa for hosting the last 6 yrs. Thank You MaryQ for taking up the reins, I know you'll do good.
I don't join often but have enjoyed when I have. If trying a harder block, don't make it in a big holiday month, like December. Other patterns besides El's sounds good from time to time.
Lyn

patches4

Post by patches4 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Happy holidays one and all,

I love this site and enjoy the blocks of the month. I don't participate because I don't think I am good enough to send in finished blocks. However I watch every month and attempt blocks on my own. From all the other quilters input I think

every month is okay

Easy patterns is fine with me and to mention you can find it on you tube to watch how it is put together would be a bonus for some of us.

Patterns from all places would be fine with me.

As for tickets I will leave that up to you. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the rules however a small dollar donation with blocks sent to you would help fray postal costs that are always going up.

Most of all thank you Teresa for being hostess you did a great job.
Also, Mary do whatever is best for you and your family and your life.
We can always begin the year simple and add different things during the year to spice things up.

You will be fantastic as I have great confidence in you.

I will try to participate when I can.

Happy New year one and all too.

TinaB
Patches4

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:25 am

I have not been partipating in lotto for financial reasons. Monthly was nice. My issue was yes it's El's forum, but I only have a couple of her patterns & cannot afford to purchase more. Whatever you choose works for me, and I hope this year allows me more opportunities to play.

Flo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”