Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Stocking Question

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
dsf618

Christmas Stocking Question

Post by dsf618 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Anyone have a good template for a Christmas stocking they would care to share? I need to make one for Secret Santa, for my new grandson, for the new puppy and the kids' pug who shared one last year. I am currently in a Lupus flare up, which will subside if I chillax. I just can't seem to find a decent sized template.

Thank you!!!

Oasis

Re: Christmas Stocking Question

Post by Oasis » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 pm

El has a nice (and easy) pattern on her "free pattern" page. Here is a link also.

https://www.quiltinaday.com/freepattern ... ocking.pdf
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 pm

MSQC also has a nice one made with 2 1/2 inch mini charm packs. Look on you tube or their tutorials
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:02 am

We Significant - thank you for the MSQC YouTube. Now that family dynamics here have changed I want to make new stockings for everyone and I recently purchased an embroidery machine. When I flare everything is difficult and I needed something quick and easy!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:42 am

I purchased a stocking at the dollar store and used it as a pattern.

I have also gotten a piece of poster board. the thin cardboard stuff kids make posters on, drew a stocking and used that as a template.

with the poster board you can change the shape till you get it like you want
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm

I used a old fashioned brown paper grocery bag and first drew the width at the top and then the length. Then I played until I got the shape I wanted. Remember - the bigger you make it, then more it will take to fill it! Curves and be drawn with a cup or the edge of a plate.

Good luck!

Jana

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 am

WOW Great suggestions!!!! THanks Deb for asking the question. I have used many of these but didn't know about MSQC's.
HAPPY STITCHING!!!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:06 am

I bought a McCall's sewing pattern many years ago that has a nice and easy stocking pattern in it. it also has several other Christmas projects in it. If you are interested it is McCall's Crafts pattern #3777. I got it at JoAnn Fabrics.

Sherry

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”