Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September Lotto The Winners are!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: September Lotto The Winners are!!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 am

Val, I would place the blocks so just the amount of fabric for sashing shows. A wider expense of fabric can overwhelm the block. And pick other fabrics you might be considering And place them the same way. Take pictures of them all with your phone. Everything looks different In the photo and gives you a different perspective. When I can’t decide, I begin by eliminating fabrics rather than by selecting. Don’t forget to share a picture when you are all done!

Mary z

WeSignificant

Re: September Lotto The Winners are!!!

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:59 am

I won't cut the fabric that wide, usually 2 1/2 inches for sashing. I think I will make a 9 block quilt. Not sure about borders, will have to figure that out. I forgot I had this fabric. Have very limited access to my fabrics right now as all stored away. Found this in the bin in the house while trying to reorganize.

I just remembered I have a few other pieces I will try. Will post pics when I find them.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”