Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Here it is- - -Secret Santa 2018

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Here it is- - -Secret Santa 2018

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:38 am

Hey Everybody

Here's the post you've been waiting for! The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA for 2018! This is the 12th Annual Secret Santa... Can you believe it???

Here's the "themes" for this year:

A.) "Stuff a stocking" Pretty self explanatory. You don't need to make a HUGE stocking, a small-medium is fine. Fill it with goodies: FQ's, notions, threads etc. Check your Elf's hints for ideas.

OR

B.) "Top off a Tote" Similar to stocking, but this would be a small to medium tote... A sort of "go-bag" for taking things like scissors, needles, and stuff needed for taking on a camping trip or vacation. For example, I took a little bag of my embroidery stuff with me in my suitcase to Alaska... all the stuff I needed to stitch when watching movies/TV with Jen. You can make a scissor holder or needle holder to put inside.

As an added bonus: Please feel free to share any other crafting talent you have: crocheting, knitting, beading, cross stitch. Even though this is a quilting forum, and that is our primary talent.... we do have other talents to share right?

The Very First rule is TO HAVE FUN. In other words, don't stress over this swap. It's easy! Here's the rules....

Names will be out on/around September 29
You may PM me now if you are interested

If you are new to Secret Santa... Add your Hints to the
"Hints for Secret Pal & Secret Santa" Topic
Teasers are optional.... If your Santa doesn't send you one, please don't feel bad.. I don't want insist that teasers are part of the swap. If you need help with a teaser, let me know!

I normally don't like to put a dollar limit on this swap. I'll just say... stay within your budget. As you read through every one's hints, you'll notice most of us are A-Ok with regifted items, stuff from our stash. You don't need to spend a lot of money! IF I was going to give a LIMIT... I would say keep it under $15-20... NO MORE!! This is the MAX... you don't have to SPEND $20.

As time goes on I will post a list of who has signed up. . If you were in last year, and haven't moved, I have your address!

THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THING I want to say is... Remember that this is the season of giving!!! And though this may sound crass, if you are joining to GET a gift... don't! This whole swap started in 2007 because I wanted to GIVE gifts to all the wonderful women I've met here, but there was no way I could send a gift to every one!

However, there have been many hurt feeling on here because some Santa's didn't give a gift to her elf in past years or were sent too late after the deadline, and due to that, we need to have more rules. If you did not fulfill your SS in the past, you will not be allowed to participate in this year's SS or in future years. I am sorry it has come to this, but we want all that participate to enjoy the Holidays without hurt feelings. If you think these rules are too strict, then don't sign up to be a Santa.

The other rules are simple... Be gracious in giving, be kind in your thoughts shared, be thankful, be honored. Give with an open heart. Check out your Elf's hints once I have PM'd you your name. Share some of yourself with your Elf in your gift... in your words, your thoughts and prayers.

There is a 2017 Secret Santa Hints topic already posted at the top under "Swaps" Check there for hints and be sure to update your own. Also, if you do charity quilting, please add that to your hint list, I'm thinking supplies are always needed.

Once I have all the names sorted and drawn I will PM you. After that I will snail mail you a card with your Elf's name--keep it in a safe place!

Your package MUST MUST MUST MUST be in the mail NO LATER November 20 !!!!!! As with any swap COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!!!! I beg you to keep in touch with me should a problem arise!!!!

Allowing for 10 days mailing time.. we should all be able to open our gifts around the 3rd of December. We can't possibly open all the same day, so if your gift arrives before then... hang on until the 3rd and we will begin opening week then. When your gift arrives, please post that you have received it (but not opened) so that your Santa knows that it has arrived safely.

And questions... just PM and I will answer ASAP! Now that I am retired and pretty much home all day...I'll check in often!
Merry Christmas

PS: PLEASE SEE A NEW TOPIC ABOUT THE RULES.... WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERY BODY READS A NEW ADDENDUM!!!

purrfect-lady

Re: Here it is- - -Secret Santa 2018

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:59 am

I’m in!!! Let the jingling begin!!

Mary z

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 am

I updated thehints to say 2018
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:01 pm

I am going to join this year.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Ho Ho Ho, I'm ready to go. sign me up.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Count me in!!

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:39 pm

yes join everyone lots of fun.. I started shopping already back in july collecting small notions from places I never imagined would carry such things.

I'd walk about thinking of my friend as she was beside me and we'd be eating tog.

nice to think of what others gave you in past and how you can make it special for nxt person

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 pm

To the tune of Jingle Bells

Dashing to the mall
With our shopping list in hand,
Up and down the aisles,
We need to make a plan.

We'll be a bunch of elves,
bringing joys to someone else,
Oh what fun we'll have creating smiles,
And being Santa's elves

Have a great time this year!

Jana

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:32 pm

I'm IN!!!!! have all my Christmas Movies ready to stitch away with.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 am

I'm in.

Lois.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”