Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas swap 2018 tracking #'s posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Christmas swap 2018 tracking #'s posted

Post by gershwin64 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:13 am

20 spots available: The number of blocks you make is determined by how many sign up. Once you signup it's a commitment.

2 weeks to sign up. Now through Tuesday July 17th

8 weeks to make your blocks and send them to me. Now through Tuesday August 28th

I will mail the blocks back to you Monday
September 10th or sooner.

Mail blocks to me by Tuesday August 28th using priority mail and save your receipt, it will have your tracking number on it. Blocks must be in my possession by Friday September 7th so I can sort and mail them back to you by Monday September 10th.

If I don’t have tracking from you by August 28th I will not wait for your blocks to arrive.

Postage $7.25, no stamps, no checks, pre-paid labels are fine, international will be worked out individually. I have Flat Rate envelopes to send your blocks back to you so please don't send return envelopes.

Please attach a label to each block with your forum name, real name, city and state. Keep the blocks flat, no individual baggies. Put your blocks in a large zip lock bag with your address on it before sending it to me.

THE FUN PART.

Make 20 blocks or the amount signed up for swap, each 12 ½ unfinished. Please don’t square up your blocks. Check the size before mailing them to me.
Use pre washed 100% cotton. No muslin, Very small amount of Glitter is ok.

This will be a Theme Quilt; Snowmen
Backgrounds are black with THIN WHITE lines or designs...NO solid black. Snowmen can be faces, or the whole snowmen. Please dress your snowman with at least their face, hat and scarf and make those colors POP! You can add a sleigh or other thing if you want! Please post your sample block by July 31st for approval or send to me by email or cell.

Method of sewing is pieced, appliqued, paper pieced etc NO EMBROIDERY (no machine embroidered blocks)please. Please make sure your background compliments your block and doesn't clash.

ALL of your blocks need to be the same pattern.
Any applique must be sewn down and if you use tear away or wash away or paper it needs to be removed prior to sending in your blocks.

Buttons, rick rack, bling etc is ok, please sew them down/on, I prefer to take something off if I need to quilt around it than to have 20 envelopes attached for people to complete blocks when they get them. I quilt with the blocks facing me and I work around buttons or bling or if they're going to be a problem then I can take them off and sew them back on.

Make sure your blocks are ready for the person receiving them to square up and sew together.

If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric they will be returned to you using your postage. Be sure to re-check the size before mailing. I stress this; check each and every block size BEFORE mailing them to me.

THE FINE PRINT.

You must be a posting member of this forum for at least the past 3 months and be familiar with the way Chriss, Vinae, Izzy, Mary and I run our swaps. If you fail to follow through on one of our swaps, you will not be allowed to join the next swap you ask to join that any of us are hosting. If you fail to follow through on 2 of our swaps, you will not be able to join any of our swaps ever. Chriss, Vinae, Izzy, Mary and I run a tight drama free swap... we can "what if" till the cows come home but in the end it's an obligation and it needs to be taken seriously. If you are a person who can't send on time or if you think our rules are to strict please don't sign up for one of our swaps.

Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum. If you join you must comment in the swap thread once a week...... I use only this forum, cell and e-mail for communication. If you need my e-mail address please PM me.

Forum Name..........Name.........Block
1.Gershwin 64..........Tina.........✔
2.DouceFleur1..........Denise.......Snowman face applique ✔
3.javin22..............Vinae ✔
4.Muse&Sew.............Beverly✔
5.bampish...............Pam ✔
6.cupcake...............Carolyn✔
7.javin22...............Vinae ✔
8.DouceFleur1...........Denise ✔
9.Muse&Sew..............Beverly ✔
10.cupcake..............Carolyn ✔
11.bampish..............Pam ✔
12.gershwin64...........Tina ✔

RECEIVED:
Vinae 2 SETS
Beverly 2 SETS
Denise 2 SETS
Carolyn 2 SETS
Tina 2 SETS
Pam 2 SETS

Here are some samples of background fabric just to give you ideas, there are way more out there.....
These are samples of Black with thin white lines/designs and any will work:

These will work by t_remondini, on Flickr

These the white lines/designs are too thick and won't work:

Not these by t_remondini, on Flickr

Here are just a few fun samples of snowmen:

Samples of snowmen by t_remondini, on Flickr

A couple more samples of snowmen by t_remondini, on Flickr

Tina

Edit/note....where I say no solid black, I'm meaning no solid black backgrounds. Solid black can be hats or things like that. I just wanted to make sure you understood. I hope I'm not confusing you. Any questions please ask.
Tina

NOTE:2 sets of 6
Tracking #'s
Carolyn 9405803699300689206762
Vinae 9405803699300689206779 ✔
Beverly 9405803699300689206786 ✔
Pam 9405803699300689206793✔
Denise LH045121675US✔

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Christmas swap 2018 tracking #'s posted

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 27, 2018 5:24 am

Drat, I was hoping this was the actual post. I'm ready for this one, I'll be there.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 27, 2018 5:28 am

lol Chriss. I was thinking I'm glad there's a little break. I need to work on some other things. Lori
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 27, 2018 5:39 am

I, too, am thankful for a bit of a break. Got some other quilty commitments to attend to. But I'm usually sewing Christmas swap blocks at our RV Rally Sew-ins, third week of June. Guess I'll have to find something else to do.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 am

I'm not seeing daylight until end of June. this works for me!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 28, 2018 6:25 am

Yipppeee!!

Time to dig out my Christmas stash!

But who knows... I may find the perfect fabric when I go to Alaska in July!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon May 28, 2018 6:51 am

May-be I will give this swap a try.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 am

Sewing is my escape from reality. I'm ready for an escape. LOL.

Ill try to be patient but you all know me better than that.

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 am

This is GREAT!!! We will also be doing Christmas in July LOTTO - WOOHOO!!!!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:13 am

I'm looking forward to us all having some fun :)
Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”