Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Post by TeresaK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 pm

A Very Happy month we all had with some very colorful fabrics.
You all did a wonderful job choosing fabrics and blocks. Thank you!!!!
Because of time constrants today I put the tickets in a very deep bowl and had Robin pull the names with his eyes closed :)
Congratulations go to ...
Bampish - Pam
TeresaK - Teresa

PLEASE post a picture of your playing or your quilt finished :) :) :)
HELLO ALL!!! Congrat's to Mary and everyone for a SPECTACULAR April Swap!
The Question is always ask - Why would I want to join???
*IT IS FUN, FUN, FUN!!
*Never any pressure. The choice is always yours as to how many blocks you have time to make and we know life gets in the way sometimes.
*It is a great place to practice and get ready for joining a Swap.
*It is FUN TO WIN and/or see a PAL WIN and be able to WIN.
*You could have a Sampler Quilt at the end of the year :) :)
TIPS:
** Pay attention to your
** MAKE A PRACTICE BLOCK - 1/4" seam allowances really matter :) :)

This month we are stepping BRIGHTLY into the beginning of Summer.
*** Merry-Go-Round, Ice Cream Cone, Cyclone and Cracker Jack(for the 3 line center use one piece of fabric. Make them 6.5" and put 4 together for a pretty block. All from El's free Patterns.
*** PLUS: Pick any PIECED or APPLIQUED (use blanket stitch and fill at least 2/3's of block. Show off those BRIGHTs) block that has BIG spaces for FUN Fabrics. If you do a snowball use different colors for the corners, make them 6.5" and put together for a FUN block.
*** The choices are endless. This is a great time to cyber search Summer Quilts for ideas. NO OVERTHINKING JUST FUN!!!!

FUN and BRIGHT
BLOCK Size: 12.5"
COLORS: BRIGHT RAINBOW SUMMER Colored Prints and Tone on Tones (for corners of a block. Use your SUMMER INSTINCTS. Polka Dots, Stripes, Stars, etc. HAPPY BRIGHT PRINTS!!!
BACKGROUND: Good Quality WHITE SOLID: JoAnn's has Kona Cotton.

BEFORE MAILING - - -
* PRESS your Blocks
* Pin or stitch your Address Label to FRONT Corner
* Do Not Pin together please. Easier to sort.
* Place ALL blocks in ONE LARGE BAGGIE.
* PLEASE add $2-$3 to help with Shipping to the WINNERs

DIFFERENT WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know you are interested
* 1 ticket = Post a picture of your first block
* 1 ticket = for each block
* 3 tickets = for each block when you send 4 DIFFERENT blocks
* 2 tickets = Post a TRACKING NUMBER by the 26th - my birthday!!!!!

* PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTION!! Never any dumb ones. I know many will have the answer to help you.
If you have a question on your fabric choices feel free to post or text me the picture. I am sure it will be fine.

P.S. You should always have a solid white in your stash especially for the Lotto Months. Don't forget to use your coupons at JoAnn's or Fabric.com has Kona for 4.61 a yard right now. Happy Shopping!!!

TeresaK - Teresa ... 4 blks
Maryq - Mary ... 9 blks
Bampish - Pam ... 6 blks
Mepeace2 - Katy ... 2 blks

maryq

Re: MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Post by maryq » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Love. Love love. May Lotto

What a great idea for a summer fun quilt

Just so happens I stocked up on Kona Cotton the other day.

You know I’m in

Come on girls. This will be FUN

bampish

Re: MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Post by bampish » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:52 pm

My head is turning. Didn't it say something about sets of a 12.5" block and a couple 6.5" blocks, and some rectangles, too? Did you decide to simplify it to all 12.5" blocks? This sounds like fun. I have to go shopping. No kona white. I usually rock with WOW's. What a hardship. This will be fun. I will have to dig out some bright fat quarters to play with. Thanks, Teresa!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:44 pm

I am so sorry to turn your head Pam. Yes I decided to simplying it for this month. Who know what the future holds :) :) What a hardship to go shopping. Even I have to do some but I plan on having FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
It will make going to the foot Dr. feel so much better!!

Mary - Happy you Love, Love, Love this month. I am looking forward to seeing all the different blocks that will be made. Thrilled you stocked up on Kona :)

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:06 am

Teresa:

I have to skip this month. I will be gone most of the month visiting family and will not be close to a machine and my stash. Besides, I have to let someone else win as I have won the last two lottos! Gotta share the joy. Have fun.

**Linda

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:35 pm

HAPPY TRAVELS Linda. Enjoy your family. I will look forward to pictures on FB :) :) :) Congratulations on your win!!! See you next month :) :)

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:52 am

Yes I am in But probably only a couple LOL

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue May 01, 2018 8:08 am

WOnderful Katy!!!!! a couple is cool!!!!

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Have 9 blocks made of the Merry go round. Kind of got carried away. Will wait to mail in case I make some more of a different pattern r

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue May 01, 2018 7:20 pm

THe Merry-Go-Round is a FUN Block and goes well with so many other blocks. You sure are on a roll :) Thanks Mary. Warms my heart.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”