Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
zfatcat

Re: MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Maryq, you crack me up.

Teresa, I do a few. Don't know what block yet. Lori
Lori 8-)

bampish

Re: MAY LOTTO - Choices From El's Free Patterns Plus - Summer Bright Colors - CONGRATULATIONS go to ...

Post by bampish » Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm

I bought some rickrack, and I am going to try to figure out some balloons. The El way of applique with fusable interfacing turned right side out.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue May 08, 2018 8:47 am

It is SO EASY to get carried away with the Merry-go-Round especially if you use 8 different fabrics. You can easily make many blocks. Instead of cutting the fabric at 16" I cut it at WOF to get another block.

Happy to see you Lori!! Will be looking excitedly to see what blocks you make.

Pam - I LOVE Balloons!!!! Can't wait to see you post your first block :)

DON'T FORGET to POST A PICTURE of your FIRST BLOCK for the EXTRA TICKET!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 am

Grrrr picture problem. Will hopefully get it back when I go home and I could use the laptop

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 am

Updated pictures but came out smaller than I wanted.

So how is everyone doing??? We are half way through the month.
Time sure is flying. Before I know it I will be 62 LOL!!! I am now
Officially getting Social Security- WOW 😲

bampish

Post by bampish » Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 pm

I made three blocks with red and blue balloons done with a blue blanket stitch, and attached with red rickrack for strings. I used the El way with interfacing that holds down to the block while you sew. I made them almost 13", so they can be squared down to perfection by whoever wins them.

If you want to see the picture, you will have to friend me on facebook. (Pam Bish Farnham)

Post Images is crappy. And crabby. It only uploads photos for me when it is in the mood, and it is not in the mood, tonight, last night, and nights prior.

I am still thinking of some pieced blocks, too. I have happy bright peachy colors to go with the red and the blue.

I got thread stuck in my featherweight, during the process. I did not have the money or time to take it the the OSMG (Old Sewing Machine Gal), so I watched Youtube videos, and operated myself. I took the whole bobbin assembly off and various parts off it to get it open to the thread. I lost itty bitty screws on the floor four different times, and was lucky enough to find them each time, but I got it done. And it still sews. Hoorah!

bampish

Post by bampish » Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm

OOOH. It's not just four blocks, it's four different kinds of blocks to get the extra points, right Teresa? I have some thinking to do.
Pam

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 am

Finally got quilt done Now I can get my blocks done by Friday. All cut out just need to stitch. Maybe can sew this afternoon Need to see chiro this morning

Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed May 23, 2018 5:14 am

Mailed mine yesterday

Should arrive on Friday!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”