Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am

Just got home from work and checked tracking. It says delivery was made so my hearts should be visiting with all yours soon.

Mary/Rosebud

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:41 am

MARY ROSE - I have your blocks! Love them! We picked them up at our mail box yesterday on our way to Seattle and we didn't get home until almost 8pm so didn't get on the computer until now.

So, ladies, you did it!! You all managed to finish this swap a full two weeks before deadline! This has to be a record! I'm so proud of us all! Thank you! I will sort blocks today - my sister can't wait to help me with this - and will try to get blocks back in the mail by Monday.

Group Hug!!

Mary.

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:12 am

Yay! This is great news! So excited to see am the blocks in person. Mary have fun sorting this weekend.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:09 am

yay. I am so excited. it's going to be a gorgeous quilt.
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:29 am

So my sister and I got all the blocks sorted, refolded, and packaged to mail. I'm almost certain we didn't make any mistakes but if we did, Please forgive and we'll make it right. Remember, I'm a newbie. This is more involved than I realized! Since I'm a computer illiterate and computers were Bill's career, he was doing all the postage on the computer for me and then, just as I called "Supper!", his screen went blank and he couldn't recover his page! (Have to admit, I was a bit relieved to see that this kind of problem even happens to the pro's!). So he's going to do it all again today and I'll take them all down to the post office this afternoon. DENISE, yours will have to go out a day later. I'll let you all know when they are in the mail.

mz

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:10 am

way to get everyone involved at your house Mary.

Kind of interesting to host a swap and see what goes on behind the scenes. I wish everyone would give it a shot. And now you see how come the rules are so strict. Chaos has been turned into a smooth running swap.

I'll be excited to get my blocks. will you be posting the tracking numbers soon?

this has been a wonderful swap and you are a terrific hostess. hope you do it often.

Chriss
Psalm 91

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 am

Yes it can be pretty exciting behind the scenes. So fun to have you host Mary! Thanks for all of your hard work!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 am

All the packages hit the post office about 7:30 this morning! Bill and Al took them down. I will get Denise's off to her tomorrow as she is international. Thank you all!! Most of the packages have an expected delivery date of February 28, but for some reason, Teresa and Mary Rose, your expected delivery dates are March 1. And deadline isn’t even until March 10! Everybody, pat your selves on the back!

No time now to write out all those long tracking #'s. My family is keeping me hopping. If anyone needs theirs before I get them posted - IF I can get them posted as I will be gone tomorrow again - PM or text me.

You all are the best swappers! If anyone has any ideas for future swaps you'd like to do, ring my bell. We'll see what we can do about it in coming months. In the meantime, watch for Lori's new swap- I believe she plans to post it tomorrow.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 am

P.S. I do have to tell you all this: I have my blocks are squared up and laid out on the carpet of my sewing room, starting to put them all together. My son was in there looking at all the blocks and was truly amazed at every single one. And I DID fess up that I only made two of them! He said when they were back in Amish country last fall they saw a lot of very expensive quilts for sale and none of them compared to the blocks that he was looking at on my floor. He wanted me to convey his congratulations to you all. I might add that between my DDIL and I, he is fairly knowledgeable in quilts, fabrics, and what goes into making a quilt.

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Maryz, Thank you. Will be looking receive my blocks. Can't wait to see a picture of your top assembled.

And thanks to your son for his compliments on our blocks.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”