Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2018 - JANUARY LOTTO BLOCK - Modified Churn Dash - PICTURE POSTED - Please take a look and comment!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

2018 - JANUARY LOTTO BLOCK - Modified Churn Dash - PICTURE POSTED - Please take a look and comment!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Good morning everyone! I am more alert this morning and want to Thank Katy for posting the names. I can't imagine what I would have written in my Dazen state. I am thrilled with all the blocks that came my way. This will definitely make a waonderful quilt or table topper. You will each recieve 10 blocks - YEA!!!

Shirley chosen by charge nurse Kay ... 9500 1148 6997 8033 1324 70

Linda S chosen by IV nurse Apple ... 9500 1148 6997 8033 1324 63

Maryq chosen by anathesialogist John ... 9500 1148 6997 8033 1324 56

ANTICIPATION MOUNTING!!!!!
HAPPY almost NEW YEAR!! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are ready to Ring in the New Year!!! One last Party and then jump on too the Lotto Train and let's get rolling!!!!

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO JOIN??
*IT IS FUN!!
*Never any pressure. The choice is always yours as to how many blocks you have time to make and we know life gets in the way sometimes.
*It is a great place to practice and get ready for joining a Swap.
*It is FUN TO WIN and/or see a PAL WIN and be able to WIN.
*If you make a block to keep you could have a Sampler Quilt at the end of the year :) :)

We will start by stitching a Modified Churn Dash. I was looking for something simple and different that you would be able to add a HEART to the center
* Begin with Cutting a 4.5" WoW center square. Add Heart after 12.5" block is sewn to center it in the Square. See picture.
* Cut 2.5" by Width of Fabric both White on White and Colored Strips.
Stitch together with acturate 1/4" seam.
* Cut into 2.5 x 4.5" sections. Do Not Undercut. Sew sections together to make 4-Patches for the corners of the 12.5" block. See picture
* Cut 4.5" x 4.5" sections of the sewn White on White and colored strips to make the center sections. See picture
* The Tip for the block is accurate 1/4" seams and do not undercut.
ENJOY!!!!

THINK VALENTINE Colors of LOVE and FRIENDSHIP
FABRIC: ANY 2 Colors pulled from the colors you are using in your Heart - 2.5" strips
BACKGROUND: Small print White on White - 2.5" strips
TWIST: A HEART will go in the Center Square. You may Applique, PaperPiece, Embroider or if you have a Fabric with a BIG Heart you can use that as well.

BEFORE MAILING - - -
* Pin or Stitch Address Label to the FRONT Corner of each block
* Place ALL blocks in ONE LARGE BAGGIE.
* PLEASE add $2-$3 to help with Shipping to the WINNERs

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know you are interested
* 1 ticket = Post a picture of your BLOCK
* 1 ticket = for each BLOCK you mail to me
* 2 tickets = Post a TRACKING NUMBER by the 25th
* 1 ticket = (optional) Favorite Valentine Song

RECIEVED
TeresaK - Teresa ... 4 blocks; FS; PP
Prairiewillow - Sonya ... 6 blocks; trk; FS
mepeace2 - Katy ... 2 blocks; trk; FS
Oasis - Linda S ... 4 blocks; PP
Behappy83 - Shirley ... 1 block; trk
MaryQ - Mary ... 9 blocks
Florence - Flo ... 4 blocks; trk

WORKS in PROGRESS
Pilot2b - Helen ... didn't hear from her :(

LET THE NEW YEAR BEGIN!!!

TeresaK

Re: 2018 - JANUARY LOTTO BLOCK - Modified Churn Dash - PICTURE POSTED - Please take a look and comment!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:02 pm

One of my favorites is Can I have the Last Dance by Anne Murray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TotwIO ... TotwIOi8js

fabricgirl

Re: 2018 - JANUARY LOTTO BLOCK - Modified Churn Dash - PICTURE POSTED - Please take a look and comment!

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 am

I 2 love that song.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 am

Let me look at my stash and the book . Maybe. LOL

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 am

Good morning!!!
Lori - Anne Murray has been one of my favorite vocalists since back in the 70's. I learned the guitar playing her songs. Are you joining us this month?? Sure hope so.

Katy - Get well soon. Plenty of time to work on these if your health allows.

Linda S - The Hearts in the Center can be ANYWAY you would like to make them. PaperPieced, Embroidered or Appliqued or if there is a Fabric that has hearts big enough for the center yes you can use that as well. ENJOY!!!!!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 pm

I can do that one...Cheese Block scared me off....

Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 am

Hey I'm retired now , I just might be able to join !!!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 am

Yes I will try to do 2

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:51 am

Here are 2 blocks. Possibly will make 2 more later this month. It's still early. ;)

The spots that look black, aren't. They are a dark burgundy color.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Teresa:

I have to bow out for January. I will be spending 2 weeks in San Diego with family, which leaves me no time to sew. Maybe next month. Enjoy!

**Linda

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”