Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Secret Santa Opening

Post by maryq » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 am

Good Morning Girls

I know you all are so excited to open your Gifts! I guess it's time!

I was awake at 0500 this morning, thinking about how excited we all are to open packages, but at the same time my heart is heavy for those who have not received a package yet. To say I am disappointed in those Santas who have not mailed in plenty of time, well, is an understatement. I won't get into it much here, I'd like this to be the Happy Place to post when you open. And to share pictures if you are able.

There are two elves that have not received a gift yet. Vinae and Carolyn. I will not open my gift until I am assured that they have a gift.

Next week I will post a topic for "Follow up" and there I will share my thoughts and feelings about this year's Swap and how things are going to change for next year.

Merry Christmas

purrfect-lady

Re: Secret Santa Opening

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 am

MARY Q - I want to thank you for doing this for us every year. It is so much fun and I know for you, it's a bit like wrangling cats. And yet you keep coming back! What a sweet angle you are!! Merry Christmas to you, my friend!!

(((Big Christmas Hug)))

Love, T.O.M

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 am

Hey Mary.....I will also wait until everyone has received their gifts to open.

Joyce

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 am

We are blessed to have you Mary.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 am

Mary Q, I'm waiting also till everyone receives. And my boys are home today because DD is sick and they love to help me open so I gotta wait for them to be back too, I hope my Santa understands :) ♡♡
I'll be back ;)
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 am

Oh and Mary Q, Thank you so much for hosting this every year! I love it! I know how stressful it can be too. ... so a huge (((((HUG))))) from me to you!
Tina

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:15 am

Dearest Mary,

Thank you for all you do!! I'll be waiting with you, all or nothing!! You've got my Christmas hugs!!

Linda H

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:34 am

I am agreeing with the other posts. I will wait until everyone has gotten their gift to open mine. I have waited this long so I can wait a little longer. Hopefully theirs will come soon.

MaryQ thank you for hosting the Secret Santa every year. You are great to do this for us.

Sherry

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 am

Good morning everyone.

My Secret Santa is Linda Hertzing. She was wonderful. I got a teaser that was chocolates and a pincushion. Then my gift was lots of fabric. Fat quarters, some beautiful blue fabric, some 1930's repro fabric. Plus a pattern for Christmas table runner and a wonderful quilting mug.

Thanks so much Linda.

Suzette
Suzette

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

It is same for me, I agree with what has been said. I will wait for Vinae and Carolyn to receive their packages before opening mine! Sure hope they will receive soon!!

Love & hugs

Denise

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”