Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: Secret Santa Opening

Post by TeresaK » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 am

It was FUN gathering together items to put in your package IZZY. What I forgot to tell you is ... The runner was stitched with Glow in the Dark thread. At night if you put it in the bathroom with the lights on for a few minutes then put it on your table the pattern will glow!!! How Cool is that!!!!

I believe it was the Halloween Quilt that I made for Spencer with the Glow in the dark thread that Chickie saw. We too it outside for the sun to shine on it and then went into the bathroom and it glowed. WOWsers!!

I am very happy you like all your goodies and even more thrilled you have a book to write all the wonderful things you do with your beautiful Adorable Grandbaby with teeth!!! WOW What a wonderful Smile!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am

My Secret Santa was Joan. THANK YOU SEW very much for all the truly wonderful, very thoughtout gifts you sent me. So definitely ME!!! You can see in the picture what she sent me and I am ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with ALL of them!!! I can't wait to use them and eat them :) :) THANK YOU!!!!
P.S. I was just looking at my Red and Gray Christmas fabric and thinking I need to make me a quilt using those colors and the next thing I know I have 2 Pillow Cases!! YEA!!!!

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 am

If this worked, lol.....here are photos of my darling Secret Santa gifts from Denise

Joyce

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:47 am

Well, posted the same photo twice, grr.....the panel is an adorable Christmas countdown calendar......not sure where that photo went.....

Joyce

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am so sorry to be getting back to everyone so late. It is Christmas time at the post office and I have been working really long hours every day.

I received my Secret Santa gift from Cupcake in Orlando. It was wonderful! I got a pattern book, a beautiful 'hand made' pin cushion (don't know how she knew I collect those and love them), and so many other goodies. It was such a great box. I felt just like a little kid at Christmas again. Thank you very much!!

I have received private thank yous also, and will respond to them in kind, but wanted the group to know what a great batch of gifts I got and how much I really enjoy them. I'm already using one of them.

Hugs,
Linda H

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you sweetpeadesigns for making sure I got a Secret Santa package. You are so very thoughtful and kind. I received 4 big spools of gutterman threads, a pack of 5 olfa rotary 45 blades, 2 mug rugs hand made, a coffee mug with quilting design stitches on it. I also received some crochet dish cloths, a gingerbread man and lady salt shaker set with tray, some candles . I will have that on my table this year for our Christmas Dinner. A really neat applique pattern in a tea theme, some tea, chocolates, a big recycle bag, a pin cushion for my wrist, my husband liked that, said I will not misplace it, haha. Yes those were things on my list. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:29 am

Finally got to open my package. The card is signed from Katy which I think is Mepiece. She sent some nice patterns. All look fairly easy to make (thanks Kathy I need easy right now), a Scallops and Vines template from QIAD, Grandmother's Garden Book from QIAD, a handmade pincushion in a tiny vase (this is adorable, I will have to post a pic later), 2 frixion pens, a magnifying glass (yep this will come in handy!) A pack of 2 1/2 inch squares from the Fern Hill collection by Moda (I use these for stockings), a measuring tape, 3 fat quarters. a charm pack (I just happen to have the matching fabric!), a bobbin nest, (really needed this) a bag that folds up into it's own little case. My pillow cases are blue background with white snowflakes with a white top. I will think of Katy every time I use these.

A very special gift. Thank you so much Katy. Sorry for the wait.

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 am

I received a nice package on Dec 7 from Marcia Nurse she was my secret Santa. A great package... everything was nicely wrapped. 2 pillow cases made with seashell fabric, this is my favorite. A FQ bundle of fall fabrics, Christmas crochet dishcloth. A quilters puzzle word search book. A really neat holiday photo frame, a spool of thread. hand lotion, ornaments, chocolates. Halloween socks and a fall kitchen towel. Thank you kindly.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:08 am

I'm posting these pics for Rosebud (MaryRose)
Her Santa was Lois aka fabric girl

2017121195100628 by t_remondini, on Flickr

2017121195100600 by t_remondini, on Flickr

2017121195100458 by t_remondini, on Flickr

2017121195100445 by t_remondini, on Flickr

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 am

I love seeing all the great photos of your gifts:) some sweet santas out there:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”