Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER LOTTO - Christmas 5 inch CHARMs - Packages mailed.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

DECEMBER LOTTO - Christmas 5 inch CHARMs - Packages mailed.

Post by TeresaK » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:34 pm

The END of the MONTH is just around the corner and now is the PICKING TIME!!! WooHoo!!
I wish I could have chosen everyone as this was a SPECTACULAR MONTH. You are ALL WINNERS for choosing and sending BRILLIANT COLORS and FABRICS but alas this is the "LOTTO" so I hope all your fingers are crossed. I know mine have been for a long time :) :)
I recieved an enormous blessing PM from Sonya letting me know she was gifting her Charms and Strips for me to do with what I choose. I was so overwhelmed with this blessing. She is a sweet, sweet blessed Angel. I definitely needed to tell you as her name would not be drawn even after sending 100/60 charms and Strips. How can you loose?? It is my choice to devide them between everyone. It feels right to do this.
Before deciding how many names I chose I looked at several quilts that could be made with Charms and Strips to see how many charms or strips were needed plus how much was in the KITTY for Mailing. This is why I chose "LUCKY 7" :) :) :)
* Our 2 roofers chose names - KATY and FLO
* Rob chose - LINDA S, VELDA, TERESA. We kept glaring eyes on each other saying "Do Not Peek" :) :)
* Teresa choose - DEB and IZZY.

CONGRATULATION To You ALL!!! I can't wait to see your delightful creations. If you decide to gift any of your Charms or Strips to anyone please let me know before I mail. I will be mailing on TUESDAY. Blessings to you all.

NOW that 2017 had almost ENDED I THANK YOU ALL for a FABulously Creative Year and for me I am very eager to start the beginning of the year so come on over to the 2018 JANUARY LOTTO. I Picked an easy one that Has a lot of HEART to it. Blessings to you ALL in the coming year. May it be a very LUCKY, PROSPEROUS and CREATIVE one for you.

WELCOME ALL and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I trust not only a full belly...but a full heart. We have had a wonderful year filled with great blocks with many fabrics and colors and yes even made them into quilts!!! It has been a JOY being your hostess and I look forward to what the New Year will bring BUT first things first!!!! We must PLAY AGIAN in DECEMBER!
After enjoying ALL the delightful fabrics you sent in November I have decided to make this month a CHRISTMAS CHARM LOTTO Month!!!!
This is NOT a SWAP. It is always a place to practice and the first part of learning to quilt is learning to CUT. So pull out those Christmas Fabrics one last time this year and have a MERRY CUTTING TIME!!!!
* Sign-ups let me know who wants to enjoy CUTTING some fabrics unless Life Happenings get in the way.
* COMMUNICATION is the Key. There is NO stupid question so please ask away and let everyone know how you are doing.
--------------------------------------------------------
We will be Cutting fabrics into Sets. Each set is made up of (5) 5" different CHARMS Squares. So sharpen up those blades and layer those fabrics always know where the edges are on the bottom fabrics and cut away!!!! I only cut no more than 3 layers at a time. Fabrics have a tendency to move.

* Block size: MUST be 5" Squares (A FQ will yield you 12 - 5" Squares plus a 2.5" strip) (Send 5 - 2.5" strips for a Bonus Ticket)
* Fabrics: GOOD QUALITY - CHRISTMAS MERRY FESTIVE PRINTS like many you used in November and more!!!!
* Coordinating Fabrics: ANY (if you use plaids/checks/strips, PLEASE CUT on the LINES (diagonal, horizontal or vertical)
* PLEASE NO SOLIDS
* CHECK, CHECK, CHECK YOUR MEASUREMENTS - Blocks MUST BE ABLE to be Squared to 5".
I NEED TO SAY THIS ON BEHALF of ALL of us. Fabric is getting to expensive and I have been burned in Charm Buying and Swapping so I am asking you ALL to PLEASE be very careful in your CUTTING and MEASURING. If you are using precut Charms PLEASE MEASURE each one. If you are cutting your own I would cut at 5"+ as we all have different rulers. PLEASE Also cut off BOTH EDGES of the SALVAGE first.

BEFORE MAILING - - -
* Pin or Stitch Address Label to the FRONT Corner of each block
* Place ALL blocks in ONE LARGE BAGGIE.
* The Kitty is paying this month as a MERRY CHRISTMAS and in Thankfulness of your generousity over the year!!!!!

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know you are interested
* 1 ticket = for each SET - (5) 5" different CHARMS Squares
* 1 ticket = Post a picture of your FIRST CHARMS
* 3 tickets = Post a TRACKING NUMBER by December 25th
* 1 ticket = (optional) Favorite Block you would like to make in 2018
* 2 ticket = (optional) Send 5 - 2.5" strips from FQ

MERRY CUTTING!!!!
RECIEVED - - -
dsf618 - Deb ... 30 sets; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
billizzy - Izzy ... 10 sets; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
TeresaK - Teresa ... 14 sets; 35 Strips... +10 sets/5 strips
mepeace2 - Katy ... 14 sets, 10 strips; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
QuiltGram8 - Velda ... 14 sets; 14 strips; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
Rose92 - Linda W ... 10 sets; 9 Strips; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
Oasis - Linda S ... 12 sets; 14 strips; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
FlorenceM - Flo ... 4 sets; 5 strips; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 12 sets; 9 strips; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
sweetpeadesigns - Linda H ... 18 sets; 10 strip; trk... +10 sets/5 strips
Prairiewillow - Sonya ... Humbly accepted her gift to me - It feels good to divide them between everyone

FlorenceM

Re: DECEMBER LOTTO - Christmas 5 inch CHARMs - Packages mailed.

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:18 am

I can do this! Count me in

Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 am

I will play this month. Will send them early.
Do we leave the 2 1/2 inch strips as WOF?
I am not cutting from FQs

Each group of 5 charms are to be 5 different fabrics. Am I understanding this correctly?

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:00 am

Let me check LQS tomorrow. They are having an in store Cyber Monday sale. How many is a set?

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Velda if you are cutting W of F then I would count your strip as 2.
I am hoping that everyone has 5 different fabrics to give a wonderful diversity of colors and designs.

Deb. 1 set equals 5 different fabrics cut into 5"+ squares.
I am cutting mine between 5"and 5 1/8. Want to make sure the winners are happy!!!!

Happy cutting!!!

Just found out I LOVE White Chocolate with bit of Peppermint covering Flat Pretzels. I am on cloud nine!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:36 pm

So all we do is cut 5" squares and 2 1/2" x 20 or so inch strips?

For 2018 I would like to do Civil War era blocks (quilter's choice) with Civil War/1800 reproduction fabrics.

A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Yes - I made it really easy this month. Happy cutting and fabric picking!!
We will definitely do some Civil War Era blocks. I have been acquiring that genre of fabrics.

May you all have a Merry Cutting Time!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 am

Okay, I can do that. Not sure how many but will do some.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:22 am

OOOO I wanna play too. I can cut fabric LOL I have all my Christmas fabric together in a box. I will post how many I get later:)

fun fun

Izzy
🐐izzy

nur5e

Post by nur5e » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 am

I'll think about this one Teresa. Will see how the month progresses. I have lots of pretty Christmas prints that need to be used up!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”