Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Re: Secret Santa Opening

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:38 am

Hey Girls

Am I a spoiled little Elf or What!!! I opened my gift last night! I had hidden the box in a closet and had forgotten how heavy it was!

Suzette was my Santa and WOWSERS was I ever blessed with a super duper Christmas Package!

Inside was a GREAT BIG HUGE COFFEE Mug, that I am using at this moment, a package of awesome fat quarters, with a pattern to make cute little zipper pouches (Perfect for the DGD's), 2 Pin Cushions, a darling towel from Virginia, a little journal book (love those) and a calendar for my purse (which will probably be blank as I don't have mark work schedule in 2018!) a set of crochet hooks, a set of note cards that says "I love BIG BLOCKS" Oh dear I hope I am not forgetting anything!!

So, Thank you Suzette!!! I so love it all and feel very blessed with all my gifts.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 am

I received a second gift from my SS yesterday. And she is Lea! I'm sorry, but I opened it before I realized what it was. Inside was a plethora of treasures! 4 magazines, 5 FQs and 2 half-yard cuts, a rotary cutter, angel ornaments, a beautiful brooch in my birthstone (my favorite color), a handmade needle-keeper filled with pins and needles, a set of 10 Christmas coasters (I was lamenting to DH when we got out our Christmas decorations that we had no Christmas coasters), a block pattern, and a hand-made tote bag. Oh! and a crocheted pot holder and two lollipops! Not to mention the gift certificate to my LQS that I used to buy some fabric that I wanted.

Lea, you really outdid yourself. It is just too much! You were so generous! Thank you for thinking of me. God bless and Merry Christmas!

mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 am

My secret Santa was Judi Grammiequilts. She must think I was a very good girl. The chocolates were delicious. My goodness I not only got the book I wanted (Underground Railroad ) but two more. My pincushion was a clamp with a pincushion on top (can be attached to my cutting table. Also 5 fat quarters and a charm pack that will help me make the block quilt I won larger (very cute little gingie people. ) a set of ceramic measuring cups ( which will go with my xmas temptations)A pair of socks . O a set of cookie cutters that make snowmen. A few small things And finally a xmas ornament that says SEW MUCH FABRIC SEW LITTLE TIME.
THANK YOU JUDI YOU ARE A WONDERFUL SECRET SANTA.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:51 am

How sweet of you Jana ♡
Maryz, your Santa was so sweet!

I'll be opening today..... I'll be back to let you all know who my Santa is! The boys are gonna help me :)

Tina

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 am

Has everyone received? Is it cool to open?

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 am

Well I think someone put me on the nice list. My Secret Santa was Chriss. Thank You so much. She really spoiled me. I got a sewing basket filled with all sorts of goodies. Snippers, tape measure, ruler, straight pin, tweezers, needle threaded it’s the cutest lil bug, A hexie quilt kit Christmas Joy Wreath. Nope that’s not all. I got a coffe mug filled with werthers originals, gutterman thread assortment, a bundle of fat quarters, A Victorian Girl Pin Cushion, The cutest Angel she already has a spot on my thread holder in my sewing room. And a Pez dispenser, Brings back so many childhood memories. You know how we usually stuff our boxes with those packing peanuts; well Chriss used fabrics instead of peanuts. I’ve got stash! Chriss Thank You so much. You rock quilt Sista.
Joan
Oh I almost forgot to tell you while opening the box a little mouse fell out, then a little Cat. It was a real Cat and Mouse Game around here today.

**edited* for cat and mouse game.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 am

JOAN, I think that wonderful cat fabric was supposed to come to my house! lol!!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

Hello, Hello.............

I'm trying very hard to wait, but I think I just might give in tomorrow.
I received a card from Valerie telling me she's my SS. I remember a posting about a few Santa's that forgot to add note in their box.
Val you won't have to wait any longer~~~~~tomorrow.

Thank you..........Kathy

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Everyone please open your Christmas Packages!

I have mine today. I just got home from work and I received 2 packages from the secret Santa I sent too! I sent to Linda H SweetPeadesigns in Clark Hill South Carolina and she mailed me 2 packages on December 5 when she knew I did not receive. Thank you so much. I will have to digest this, I am very emotional about this.

I also did receive a package from my secret Santa mailed Dec 4 it arrived today Thank you Marcia from St Louis.

I will open, and get some photos to share.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Well, the anticipation was just too much for me. When I got home from work the fur babies and I pulled out the package and started opening it.

My Santa was Lois aka fabric girl. Boy, did she ever spoil me (and the fur babies).

In my gift box I found:
A mystery novel, a small sewing bag (packed with more gifts),F&P binding tool, two packs of needles (embroidery and sharps), hummingbird needle threader, wonder clips, LA design reducing tool, flip-it tape measure, set of placemats, 3 spools of cone quilting thread, a pair of kitty Christmas socks, a bag of cat candy (treats) for Morton and Emily, a beautiful pin cushion (which looks like a yellow rosebud turned one way and a pear if turned the opposite way), a sewing tote bag, DWR template and instruction set, 4 quilt patterns (QIAD Triple Twist, YoYo Accents Tropical Twist, Ragtime Quilt, Peaceful Enchantment), Quilting Secrets A to Z, and 50 Ways to Quilt your Quilt.

Lois, thank you sew very much for all these wonderful gifts. It was so much more than I ever expected, it brought tears of joy, love, and thanksgiving to my eyes. Hugs to you my friend.

Mary/Rosebud

P.S.
I will get pictures soon and try to post them using the new way and see if I can get it to work.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”