Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Secret Santa Opening

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm

My secret Santa was Izzy.

I opened my box to find a gorgeous tote. My laptop fits inside of it perfectly and it has two pockets on the front for misc treasures.

As promised there were also critters in the box. Two cool chickens to hang in my sewing room and a really neat hedgehog pin cushion. I just love it.

Then I found three cross stitch kits. Two are for pictures the other two are wall hangings. Those will keep me busy.

There were two quilt patterns. One is a candy corn pumpkin pillow. The other is a Moda block of the month called be my neighbor. I’m looking forward to putting both together.

And two Christmas place mats. Beautiful embroidery on each. These will cheer up the table.

A pattern book called Classic Country Quilts that I will be looking through tonight.

I think my favorite thing in the box is a daily inspiration called Manna for Mothers. I will read a page each morning, what better way to start your day than with something positive.

Thanks Izzy, while I am not surprised I am overwhelmed by your kindness. I just love everything.

Merry Christmas
Chriss
Psalm 91

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm back!
Drum roll please.......my Secret Santa is MaryZ! Wow did she ever spoil me totally rotten! The boys had so much fun opening all my gifts! :o) Mary sent me: 8 beautiful placemats that are 2 sided and 4 coordinate with the other 4 so I can use 1-8 anyway and anytime!, 2 sets of lotto winning blocks, a set of Christmas pillowcases, A whole bunch of Hershey's kisses, 3 candies from her region, a sucker, a beautiful little poem that brought happy heartfelt tears, Sew Bandages, a little wooden sewing box with a tape measure, pins and Kleenex, a Kleenex holder with Kleenex in it :o), a frixion pen, a seam ripper (she knows I frog LOL) a little sewing machine brush, a finger light a yoyo maker, thread, a cute pattern to make a sewing machine cover and wall hangings, a Quilters Favorite Recipes Cookbook, a JoAnn's gift card and a beautiful card! I hope I haven't missed anything. And she sent teasers and cards and hints along the way! Thank You from the bottom of my heart Mary, I really appreciate you making me feel so special! I just can't Thank You enough.

Easton ready to start!

20171207_090017 by t_remondini, on Flickr

20171207_092104 by t_remondini, on Flickr

The Happy Tears:

20171207_092134 by t_remondini, on Flickr

A Finger Light

20171207_102717 by t_remondini, on Flickr

Thank you so much Mary, I truly LOVE it ALL!
Tina

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Well when I got home from work I relaxed and opened my gift my santa was Helen alot of my stuff was hand made all beautiful I received a larget apple pincushion ,a red candel,sm basket for my wonder clips,2 needle cases some needle threaders,beautiful christmas ball,3 more ornaments,a crochet snowflafe,a candel wall hanging,pins which I can use,and some 1/4 yards of fabric,and a book as a teaser .
Thank you
Helen

Two more things I forgot a bag of Hershey bars and a package of note cards.

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 am

Oh my... I was out of pocket yesterday and up early this morning.....soI started the daily threada d popped over here to check on the arrival of the SS packages.

Yayyyyy....looks like they have all reached their destination...so I hurried to open mine.

My Secret Santa was Denise, so you know why anticipation was out the roof.

In my package were four stunning placemats in the perfect colors for my kitchen, black, red, and gray with coordinating napkins....two-sided ....red/gray. Denise,they are beautiful and Iadore them.

There were countless goodies....seam ripper(how did she know I had broken my good one), needle threaders (oh boy,with my eye problems,those will be so handy), wooden needle tubes for sewing needles, appliqué scissors, special tweezers that are extra long....they will be perfect for pulling threads from places they don’t belong. There was a short stubby screwdriver perfect for fitting in tight places on the sewing machine.
Also....the cutest ornament......that was actually a tape measure, haha......almost didn’t realize that.....it was so cute. All these lovelies were wrapped in a Christmas Advent panel.....how adorable.

I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of people and I want to thank my Secret Santa, Denise, for being so generous....you have put me in such an amazing mood this morning. Might even tackle that tree today.

Will try to post photos a little later.....

Oh almost forgot.....as a teaser I got the Hunters Star pattern.....that is in my list to be my next quilting project.

Hugs and much love Denise......thank you fromthe bottomof my heart.

Joyce

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 am

I came here this morning and am so happy to see all have their gifts now and were also blessed by many other pals too!! What a blessed group of ladies we have here!!

Well, I got a wonderful box of goodies from my SS--Teresa:)

She sent me such lovelies and she included some fun rattles for my sweet grand to which he loves!!! I am so blessed. I am telling you it was a beautiful box with all my prizes wrapped in either beautiful fabric or a soft cuddly Christmas towel. So many pretties: needles, thread, thread picker,beautiful pumpkin pattern, fun table cloth, dish towels, table runner,two beautiful mini charm packs, pins, cookies, OMA memory book, gummie bears, jolly ranchers, and my teasers were worthers mini charm pack and Nov lotto blocks:) two colorful rattles too:)

Teresa the quilting pattern on the table runner is stunning I LOVE IT:) I am going to put it on the top of my piano so I can see it every day:)

Thank you so much for the lovely teasers and many many fun gifts:)
[/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/url][/img]

I know I have pic of grand playing with rattles I will post for you later:)

I LOVE LOVE MY OMA BOOK!!! I cannot wait to start filling it in with all our special moments.

Again thank you, Teresa, all is so wonderful:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 am

I am so happy to see that everyone have finally received their packages!

Joyce, I am glad that you love your goodies! Enjoy!

I opened my package this morning. My Secret Santa is Sherry. All the goodies were wrapped individually. She made me a pretty set of Christmas pillows; she gave me a book "Quilt of Faith" by Mary Tatem; a Red Robbin runner pattern; a "Hang in There" kitten cross stitch kit with an hoop; a kitten puzzle; an owl pincushion; a stocking teddy bear card that she made; a chocolate bear and a cute cat with Santa Claus hat christmas card. AND she also gave a stocking with toys for Pipo.

Sherry, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You so much for everything, you have spoiled me. Once again, Thank You! You have made my day! Wishing you all the best for the holiday season!

Love & hugs

Denise

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:03 am

Hello......

My SS was Valerie!! And she sent me a wonderful box stuffed full of goodies. I have the fuzzy Santa socks on now I always seem to have cold fee in the winter. Lots of patterns that will keep me busy all next year. My pillow cases are blue with paisley & lace. There's nothing better than getting a pattern with the fabric to make it. I woulds say it's CW fabric. Love it.There's a packet of Moda 5" sq's. I like these for table toppers. There's thread & a telescoping magnet....great idea.
I like the tissue holder....did you make it? For a newish knitter the the knitting planner is a really good idea. I'm sure I've forgotten something even thought I have it spread out on my sewing table.

Thank you for a wonderful box of goodies. Well worth waiting for. I think I'll start my new year off with the CW doll quilt.

Thank you so much (((((((HUGS)))))) Kathy

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 am

Here is grand with rattle teresa sent two of them.

Izzy
🐐izzy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 am

Just finished opening my Secret Santa box. My Secret Santa was Kathy (Kathysquilts). She must have thought I was good this year because she sent me so many things all wrapped individually. They are all great.

In my box was a beautiful pair of pillowcases with a kitchen pattern. I also got Christmas napkins with candy canes wrapped inside, Turtles (which I love and already ate), Swiss Miss Cocoa, a beautiful pincushion which looks like she made and will come in handy, note cards which I can always use, comfort socks (which I need because my feet are always cold), mini post-it notes and labels in a cute book, sprinkles which will go on my ice cream (my weakness), a cozy for my coffee, Patriotic coaster, lint brush for my sewing machine, quilt basting needles, washout marking pencil, safety pins and holders for when I pin my quilts, plastic head pins, finger protector, a really neat heart shaped finger pin cushion (something new to me but will get a lot of use), 2 embroidery project kits, a beautiful wall-hanging pattern, a pack of fabrics that Eleanor threw and autographed, several of her quilting magazines that I am going to love going through and cutting out patterns for my binder (also great bathroom reading). She didn't forget Smoke and sent him a ball and rope toy which he has already put on the bed beside him and a peanut butter rawhide.

One thing I haven't mentioned and I really loved and thought was so neat is a box of 30 band-aids with sewing items like tape measure, sewing machines, scissors and dress mannequins on them. I have never seen anything like them before.

Thank you so much Kathy for all the gifts. I loved them all but didn't know I was so good. You are so thoughtful and nice. I feel like we are good friends since we have been e-mailing a few times. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and thanks again for all the swell gifts.

Sherry

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:10 am

My Secret Santa was Mary. She really outdid herself. I received a pin cushion in a terracotta planter that looks like a tree, quilting needles, fabric, mechanical pencils, and 6 beautiful placemats that match my living room perfectly. I hate to see them used as placemats so I am considering sewing them together to make a wall Hanging!

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”