Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 2017 Lotto Block - Scrappy Zig Zag - PACKAGES MAILED - Arrival Date is Saturday

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
mepeace2

Re: October 2017 Lotto Block - Scrappy Zig Zag - PACKAGES MAILED - Arrival Date is Saturday

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:41 am

Sorry Teresa I will have to drop out Hurt my back cannot sew right now. Maybe next month.

Katy

TeresaK

Re: October 2017 Lotto Block - Scrappy Zig Zag - PACKAGES MAILED - Arrival Date is Saturday

Post by TeresaK » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Katy -
I am so very sorry. I know what back pain feels like. Prayers for a complete recovery. Rest Well. See you next month.

Half way through the month - How is everyone doing. Have you found a friend to have FUN with???

morgans4

Post by morgans4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:16 am

Sour Cream Lemon Pie
Ingredients

Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

Directions

Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon peel. Cool without stirring.
Stir in sour cream. Add filling to crust. Top with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 pm

THANK YOU Joanne for the recipe. I wish I could give you a ticket but you had to send me blocks as well. Hope to see you in the November's Lotto. I saw you were having a rough go of it with your 30's blocks and feeling under the weather. Hope yu are doing much better now :) :) :)

Linda - Your blocks arrived and it is raining FALL COLORS in my Living room. Great choices of Fabrics and colors.

Joan - Your blocks arrived as well and more brilliant fabric and color choices have joined all the others. Thank you for the wonderful homemade Card. Another Beauty!!!! Looks like you are also a Santa Helper. THANK YOU Secret Santa for the PURRFECT Cat Card to go with the PERFECT Note Cards. I had them on my shopping list but wasnt able to go with Rob this last time - Now I don't need any - How Special they are!!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 am

Received some delightful FALL blocks from Secret Santa #2. They have joined the others and are now frolicking through the piles of leaves. Yea!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:28 am

JOANNE, thanks for the recipe for the sour cream lemon pie. I think I'll try to make one, perhaps for Thanksgiving!

mary z

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 pm

TOday is THE LAST DAY!!!! Rob and I are going into town for a Dr. Appt and Physical therapy on my back and neck so we won't be back until dinner time. I am hoping to hear from Linda H to see if she mailed her blocks.
The Hand of the Picker will be a child who shows up trick or treating so the names will be picked tonight.
Just wanted to let you know so you didn't think that candy came before picking - LOL!!!

Have a SAFE and FUN night!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Yay!! Thank you! Three cheers for Monika, the PT tech!! Congratulations to the other winners and thanks to everybody who participated. This will make it very fun quilt !

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:41 am

I received a very special package in the mail today! October lotto blocks! Very nice gift. I see a table runner in the making. Thank you secret pal!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:23 pm

OMG I got the most beautiful pkg ever today:) THank you secret santa for these. YOU must know how I love fall fabrics the most of all :) I cant wait to make a pretty with these lovely blocks

Izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”