Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 2017 Lotto Block - Scrappy Zig Zag - PACKAGES MAILED - Arrival Date is Saturday

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: October 2017 Lotto Block - Scrappy Zig Zag - PACKAGES MAILED - Arrival Date is Saturday

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:40 am

Teresa, I don't have a recipe for sour cream lemon pie. I order it in restaurants. And I have friends who always buy a frozen one when we get together. But when I make pies, I always make my crust from scratch and sprinkle cinnamon & sugar on the top crust. Really adds another layer of yum!

I have 11 blocks made. I meant to make just 8, but kept cutting to get different fabrics in the blocks and ended up with lots of extra pieces and no other use for them so I just kept sewing. They all measure a tic over 12-1/2". Just need to tag and bag 'em now and send them on their way.

TeresaK

Re: October 2017 Lotto Block - Scrappy Zig Zag - PACKAGES MAILED - Arrival Date is Saturday

Post by TeresaK » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:20 am

Mary - Looks like I need to go shopping for a Sour Cream Lemon Pie. Sounds Yummy!!! WOW 11 blocks? How FABulous is that and totally understandable seeing as 1 WoF Fall strip and 1 Wof background strip sewn together and cut into sections will make 9 sections!!! YEA!!!

Valerie - This is also a great time to trade strips with friends so I bet if you put the word out you will have no trouble finding diferent fabrics :) Let me know as I can send you some from my stash :)

Just go back from Debbie's in Tehachapi. Picked up 2 FUN FALL fabrics and of course some FUN strips from her Stash basket. Always LOTS of FUN digging through it. Amazing how much you can fit into a baggie when they are rolled!!!!! Jamie and I had a friendly bet that I could get more in mine than she could in hers. I won and she gave me a FQ :)

Happy Stash Diving and Trading

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 am

Teresa, the trick with making crust is NOT to handle it very much. Then it will be light and flaky. Add ice cold water 1 tablespoon at a time.

Joan

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:13 am

Joan - with your encouragement I should have to try again. I have an Apple Pie waiting to be BAKED :) :) :)

Mary - Great Picture!!! Great FABRIC CHOICES!!! Looks like you really got into the Lotto this month!!
You are not the only one - LOL!!! I just kept cutting and getting into the colors, especially all my Tans TOT's. I just LOVE FALL FABRICS!!!!!

***** I have ADDED EXTRA WAYs to get MORE TICKETS! *****
* 3 tickets = Your BLOCKS ARRIVE at my house by October 27th
* 1 ticket = Post a picture of your FIRST block
* 3 tickets = Be a SECRET SANTA (PM me to keep it a SECRET)

HAPPY FALL STITCHING!!!!!

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Count me in again, Teresa!

My favorite pie is lemon meringue. My mother made the best one, from scratch all the way. I never have been able to achieve her level, my crusts are always too doughy. Any suggestions for a better crust?

**Linda

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 am

Teresa, I'm glad they made it! Thanks so much for sharing the photo I sent you. Now to just sit back and cross my fingers!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:07 am

Mary. Sure hope you have tons to keep you busy so that time will go by quickly. Not to quickly though. Much to do.

Linda W. Happy to have you joining us!!!! Wish I could give you tips or secrets to what works but you will have to ask Joan and the others. This is on my Bucket List to make the perfect crust or one that wins a Blue Ribbon at the Fair but piecing and quilting always get in the way off practicing this art and it really is an Art especially when you have a Mom making it from scratch ALL the way -WOW!!! 😀😀😀

Valerie. Hate to loss you but life does come first especially your Nursing test. Hugs and Prayers.

Secret Santa's Favorite Pie is a Chocolate Fudge Pudding Pie with crushed walnuts and topped with Redi Whip Creamy whipped cream. YUMMY and decadent!!! Second to that would be a Warm Peach Cobbler made with fresh peaches and topped with Ice Cream.

Happy Fall stitching and pie baking!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:03 am

Teresa, no worries! I have plenty of sewing to keep me busy and off the streets. By the way, I see you marked me down for 10 blocks but I believe I sent 11.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Mary - Thrilled you have much to do to keep you off the streets and playing with Cotton plus enjoying the Fall colors at the same time :) maybe you can send me pictures of your colors you have up there???

Your blocks arrived and I am now enjoying your Fall colored Fabrics and patterns you chose. FABulous!!!! I also put you down for 11 blocks. Thanks for seeing that. Definitely don't want to take tickets away. THey are SEW PRECIOUS :);

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 am

you picked a pretty block Teresa. Time just isn't my friend The fall colors are really a great choice for this block.
Psalm 91

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”