Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2018 Secret Sants Hints

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

2018 Secret Sants Hints

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

Updated: DATE
1. My first name:

2. Birthday

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts:

4. Colors I'll never use:

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric:

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like:

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have:

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine?

9. How to you quilt your projects?

10. My favorite candy:

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time:

12. My pets:

13. Things I like to collect:

14. ALLERGY ALERTS:

15. My little wish list:

16. do you like homemade gifts:

17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash,
already read books, used patterns, used notions)

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc):

19. It’s a little known fact that I:

20. Other pertinent information:

21. Colors around my house:

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite:
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Re: 2018 Secret Sants Hints

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

Updated 8/13/2018
1. My first name: Tina
2. Birthday—Dec 8th
3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Purples and Greens, Pinks and browns, mauves, 30's, civil war repro.....
4. Colors I'll never use: I think I love them all!
5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: 30's, blenders all except below
6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Neons, geometrics, really large prints, food, animals
7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: I have tons but would LOVE anything Christmas!
8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? machine
9. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Small ones I can do on my machine... big ones go to my LAer
10. My favorite candy: Bit O Honey, Red Hots, I really don't think there's any candy that I don't like
11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Color, red work, nap LOL
12. My pets: Rosie and Duncan; my cocker spaniels and Missy my Shih Tzu and 3 cats; 2 that live on our front porch and one that is wild and lives in our back yard.
13. Things I like to collect: Besides fabric?! LOL Trying not to collect more stuff, but I LOVE Fairies
14. ALLERGY ALERTS: Cigarette Smoke, perfume, vanilla scented anything, bath salts, soaps, lotions......I have asthma and have to be careful. Minky, I break out in hives!
15. My little wish list: A quilted sewing machine cover for my Janome Memory Craft 6500 or anything made by you for me. Prewound bobbins(I have a Janome Memory Craft 6500, it says Janome plastic bobbins(SA156))
16. do you like homemade gifts: Always, that's what we do!
17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Love 'em.
18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Joann, Hobby Lobby, QIAD, Missouri Star, Connecting Threads
19. It’s a little known fact that I: have a college degree.
20. Other pertinent information: I don't work outside the house anymore, I watch my 1 grandson during school because my DD is a teacher and some days I watch my other grandson and granddaughter if there's no school or she's sick or something. I also have a DS that lives about an hour away and he has a great fiancé and they blessed us with our 4th grandbaby; another grandson, he just turned 1.
21. Colors around my house: I don't have a color scheme, my house has a lot of wood. If I see something and like it then I don't care what color it is.
22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: BLOCK

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 am

UPDATED Sept 26, 2018

1. My first name: Mary. (Well, it's really Virginia, but that's a well kept secret - so mum's the word. )

2. My birthday is March 23,

3. My favorite color(s): I love all colors, but my top favorites are powder blue, turquoise, and emerald green. Purples and lavenders are high on my list, too. Ooh, and yellows!

4. Colors I don't like: none. Every color has it's place in my stash. Even brown!

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: I love batiks, 30's, Vintage, Civil War, landscape prints, mountain lodge prints, pine cone/bough prints, , brights, Christmas, other holidays, florals, plaids, polka dots,stripes, metallics, WOW's, all tonals, - oh, gosh! I love it all!

6. Fabric style(s) I don't care much for: "mod" like from the 70's, and very large scale prints. But maybe I'm not giving them a chance.

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Any small Wool applique project. Any holiday, but Christmas is my favorite. And previously used is more than OK with me!! Also, I like patterns for cat things, and even sheltie things, though they are hard to find! Pieced, appliqué, and paper-pieced are all great!

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Both

9. How do you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Mostly long arm (my DH does most of it!). I use my sewing machine for smaller projects, and I did hand quilt a king sized Grandmothers flower garden once.

10. My favorite candy: SNICKERS!! In an emergency I can make do with any chocolate/nut/caramel candy, but Snickers has always been my 'drug' of choice. But M&M Peanuts work well, too!. . . I do NOT like mint.

11. My hobbies: In my non-quilting hours, I enjoy reading 'cozy' mysteries, (have to brag a bit here - my son, Mike, just wrote a cozy mystery and it's being published in a year!) creative writing, genealogy, dancing, camping, RV travel, walking, wine-tasting, board games, hand embroidery, cross-stitching, hexies, and yo-yo's.

12. My pets are Foxy, my 4-yr old tuxedo kitty, and Scottie, our 5 yr old black/white sheltie. They are “My boys”.

13. Things I like to collect: Landscape fabrics and 'building' fabrics (as in wood, brick, rock, sky, water, grass, trees, etc. prints). I also like all things cat, particularly black & white cats. I collect Sylvester the Cat items. I have a collection of sheltie things (stuffies, bric-a-brac, patterns, pictures, etc) and since my sheltie is black/white, that's what I look for most. Christmas ornaments! And I enjoy unique, handmade pin cushions and am accruing a small collection, all made by quilty pals, to display in my sewing room. Thimbles from other states always have a place on my display shelf, too!

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: cigarette smoke. Plus I don't care for fruity scents like peach, strawberry, etc in lotions, etc. I don't burn candles at all anymore since the time I left one burning in my sewing room all night long. 😱

15. My little wish list: Seam Ripper (I use them a LOT and they get dull.) Any of the smaller rulers - (I want to make a basic quilting kit to keep in our trailer since we travel so much.) Holiday and cat patterns. Yo- yo makers. I have the little one (green) that makes 1-1/4" finished yo-yo and the 60 mm size (yellow) that makes 2-1/4" finished yo-yo. I would like any other size. We spend about 4-5 months a year in our trailer. Thx!

16. do you like homemade gifts: Of course! That's what we're all about here!

17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions). I actually prefer used, or as I like to think of them, previously-loved & enjoyed items. Especially books or patterns with notes already scribbled in them. Used items give off a warm, positive energy. Yes, I believe in that stuff. 😁

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) ~ Joann's

19. Magazine so I get: American patchwork and quilting, McCalls, Block. Block is my favorite.

20. A little known fact about me: I am a retired professional belly dancer.

21. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.): I'm 67, Catholic, farm-raised, the fifth of six children, married, have 3 married kids, and 2 grown grandsons. I am 5' tall (almost), have short curly red hair, and love animals. I've been quilting for 30+ years. I worked for Weyerhaeuser Co. for several years before becoming an R.N. I worked in an NICU for 20 yrs and am now retired. We do a lot of traveling in our Arctic Fox fifth-wheel (and yes, the fur-kids go with!) and I never leave home without a selection of quilting projects - both machine and hand work.

Updated 9-26,2018

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Updated 9/8/17

1. My first name: Izzy

2. Birthday: 6/3

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Fall colors or Civil war fabrics

4. Colors I'll never use: I am not big on blues; Have lots but nowhere in my house to use them :)

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Civil war and wools

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Modern like Kaffe Facet

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: McKenna Ryan's Back on the Farm: Autumn Stroll; Pigs in a blanket; and The Hills are alive.

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? both

9. How do you quilt your projects? Hand and LA

10. My favorite candy: Worthers, Jolly ranchers, Gummi Bears, Dark Chocolate :)

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Gardening, Farming, and embroidery

12. My pets: 30 goats, 12 cats, 2 pigs, 2, ducks, 9 chickens, 4 turkeys and 1 dog :) LOL

13. Things I like to collect: Tea pots, old sewing machines, and anything with a goat or chicken on it :)

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: NUTS of all kinds :)

15. My little wish list: Threads: wool thread, Valdini thread, Hand quilting threads, quilting threads, and Needles: Hand quilting needles and embroidery needles :) Thimbles and thread pullers :)

16. do you like homemade gifts: Oh my much better than bought ones:)

already read books, used patterns, used notions) I love reused stuff!! Love quilt books and patterns of yesteryear:) traditional patterns and FQ from your stash make me drool.

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Keepsake Quilts, Connecting threads or Joann Fabrics:)

19. It’s a little-known fact that I: am goat crazy and have a new grandson--rattles are always a need LOL

20. Other pertinent information: I am sew easy to please:) If you live on a beach send me shells; I would love RBR or Wooly pattern or license plate from your state:) I am cheap and easy LOL

21. Colors around my house: Autumn colors Golds, greens, browns. Kitchen is red and black with chickens :) I do love purples and greens too :)

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: McCalls Quilting and Primitive Quilts and Projects.
🐐izzy

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Updated 08/06/18

1. My first name: Denise

2. Birthday: March 11th

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: purples/lavenders/lilacs / green olives... love mostly all colors

4. Colors I'll never use: all fluos / neons

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Love most all

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: geometric / novelty / too large prints

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: I can't think of one in particular, I love appliqués patterns.

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Hand appliqué

9. How do you quilt your projects? it's mostly hand quilting or ties. Sometimes, not very often, I do stitch in the ditch by sewing machine on small projects; and for tote bags or placemats, I use embroidery stitches on my sewing machine.

10. My favorite candy: chocolate

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: besides quilting, I love to embroidery, crochet, knitting, reading, cooking, etc...

12. My pets: I have one Manx cat. His name is Pipo (pronounced Peepo) and is 13 y.o.

13. Things I like to collect: little porcelaine boxes and porcelaine thimbles

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: perfume, cigarette smoke

15. My little wish list: a round trip so I can meet all of you!

16. do you like homemade gifts: For sure, they are very specials.

17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions: I do not mind at all

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Connecting Threads, Missouri Star Quilts, 1-2-3 Stitches, The Stencil Co., I used to buy often from QIAD. Not that I don't want to buy from them anymore, it is because their shipping fees to Canada are way too expensive.

19. It’s a little known fact that I: ??

20. Other pertinent information: I am retired since 14 years. Have been working for over 30 years as secretary / administrative assistant. When I have retired, I was working at the City Hall of Québec. My DH was also retired. He passed away in July 2014. Since nine years, we are (I am) living in a small village in the Apalachian Mountains in the Eastern part of Québec, about 1h15 by car drive from Madawaska, ME. I have been quilting for over 30 years. Self taught.

21. Colors around my house:

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: I used to, but not anymore.

*** I WOULD LIKE TO ADD ***

May I please ask to whoever gets my name, to please check "GIFT" on the custom label and for the "total declared amount" put no more than $20.00, otherwise I will have to pay custom fees. Thank you!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Updated: DATE 8/6/18

1. My first name: Chriss

2. Birthday July 3

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: I love all the colors

4. Colors I'll never use: pastels

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: 30's, fall, civil war, happy fabric.

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: I don't like shiny or glitter fabric.

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: I have so many patterns, I'll never live long enough to make them all.

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? both

9. How to you quilt your projects? I either tie or stitch in the ditch. if it's a small project I can stipple. the big stuff I call Mary

10. My favorite candy: hard candy, coffee nips, butterscotch, and fruit flavored.

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Hexi's, applique, I like hand work.

12. My pets: Moose is part beagle and part Australian Shepherd.

13. Things I like to collect: thimbles, pin cushions, angels, butterflies

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: smoke, perfume. some smells really kill my nose.

15. My little wish list: a pin cushion, a thimble from your area or an angel from your area for my collection.

16. do you like homemade gifts: love them

already read books, used patterns, used notions) I prefer it.

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Connecting Threads, Amazon, Joanns.

20. Other pertinent information: I have worked in a warehouse for a California based grocery store, I do office work and have been there 28 years. I have a son and daughter in law who I just adore. I have a granddaughter / daughter. We adopted my stepdaughters daughter who is now living with her dad, but you all knew that. Jerry (DH) retired when we got Marilyn so he cares for the house, cooks, and takes care of things while I work. I love this set up.

21. Colors around my house: My house is a mixed match of hand me downs. there is no particular color. I am not a decorator.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: I have so many quilt magazines. I don't get F&P or Block but I have most all others.
Exodus 33:14

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 pm

August 9 2018

First Name - Suzette

Birthday - 12/3

Favorite Colors - love all

Colors I'll never use - I use all colors

Favorite styles - 1930 repros, blenders

Fabric styles I don't like - there aren't any I don't like

Quilt patterns I would like to have - holiday patterns of any kind

Appliqué by machine or hand - by machine

How do you quilt your projects - by machine

Favorite candy - Lindt chocolates

Other things I do in my spare time - canning, beading

Pets - our Bichon dog Cajun, mixed breed dog Chloe

Things I collect besides fabric - Jim Shore figurines

Allergy alerts - shellfish

My little wish list - Olfa rotary blades 45mm,

Do you like handmade gifts - oh yes

Do you mind re-gifted items - they are fine

Favorite places to use gift cards - Joann's, Michael's, QIAD, Missouri Star

A little known fact - I can't think of any

Other pertinent information - I have a son, hubby has 2 daughters and we have 5 grand kids.

Colors around our house - natural colors. Sage green, gray, taupe

Subscribe to a magazine - Fons and Porter

Suzette

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:05 am

Updated: DATE
1. My first name: Cheryl But do not go there. LOL Been Kathy or Katy for ever.

2. Birthday February 2 Yes I am a groundhog

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Purple and green

4. Colors I'll never use: I use them all at some time.

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: thirties and Fusions

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: civil war

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Delectable mountains by Eleanor

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Both

9. How do you quilt your projects? Have a hand quilter and a friend in CA

10. My favorite candy: Red hots and chocolates

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Garden and baking

12. My pets: Boo dog and Sadie cat Got to add KIKI new kitten

13. Things I like to collect: right now Temptations bake ware in Pumpkin design from Qvc And of course fabric lol

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: non except lying men

15. My little wish list: To meet El in person sweet roll recipes and more fat quarters and Wonder clips

16. do you like homemade gifts: O yes Please

already read books, used patterns, used notions) Heavens no Love any gifts

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Quilt shops Quilt in a day ,Joanns, Missouri Star. Food places any place in Illinois

19. It’s a little known fact that I: Love to dance And give veggies away And believe in spirits.

20. Other pertinent information: I am retired ,live on a farm ,divorced but get along with my x,have two children and six grands. Belong to a quilt guild and club. Love to go to quilt show and hops.

21. Colors around my house:Rose ,blue ,and green Country colors.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Fons and Porter, Quiltmaker McCalls quilting My favorite went Bye bye So I would say Quiltmaker.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 am

DATE 8-18-18
1. My first name:Joan

2. Birthday Dec. 14th

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: I love all colors

4. Colors I'll never use: I'm not a fan of Thimbleberries

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Batiks, Blenders, Polka Dots

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Geometrics, anything with glitter

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: ?

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine, thanks to ISBS

9. How to you quilt your projects? I do my own with my Longarm

10. My favorite candy: Trying to cut the sugar habit. Butterfinger or Snickers are the ones I bought.

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Garden, Cook

12. My pets: Charlie & Carly a Cavalier King Charles & a Papillion

13. Things I like to collect: I quit collecting, to much stuff stored alredy.

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: None, don't like the smell of smoke or sweet candles.

15. My little wish list: Any quilting or sewing notions have a place in my studio. Auri-fil 50wt thread is always welcom.

16. do you like homemade gifts: Of Course, who wouldn't?

17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, used patterns, used notions) Oh NO I don't mind them at all.

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): any of the above mentioned.

19. It’s a little known fact that I: I've ridden Amtrak through every state except states East of N.Y. Best way to see the backyard of America. But you need to get a bedroom on the train.

20. Other pertinent information: Been married twice, together we have 4 kids, 8 Grands, & 5 GGrands with another expected in November

21. Colors around my house: It's a mixture of browns and blues, with splashes of lots of other colors. No real theme

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: No I have a huge collection of Quilters Newsletter, Quilt World, Quilt Maker, Fons & Porter

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 am

updated Sept, 6, 2018
1. My first name: Vinae

2. Birthday May 18

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Rich earth/colors of nature in tone on tones, Red, Green, Brown, Blue, Tan, gold, ect, and background fabrics: white, off white, tan, beige.

4. Colors I'll never use: Neons, pastels

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Lodge Look (Deer, Elk, Moose, Cabins, Trees, pine cones, leaves, Landscape,) Tone on tone, Batiks, Marbles.

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: paisley, Asian, western, southwest, solids, & floral.

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Lodge look patterns, (any size), (table runner patterns, place mats, wall hangings or bed size quilt). I would love lodge look row by row patterns.

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine

9. How to you quilt your projects? Mid arm machine for large quilt and I do the small ones on my regular machine.

10. My favorite candy: I can't eat candy anymore, I have too many health issues.

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Sewing, computer games, TV.

12. My pets: None now. My Fur Baby Passed Away March 24 2017 :(

13. Things I like to collect: Any lodge look decor items, (Moose, Deer, etc).

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: Gluten, Wheat, all grains, including corn and rice, MSG, Smoke, Perfume, Cologne, fragrance of most any kinds. I can't use lotions or candles anymore either.

15. My little wish list: Something made by you, or a thimble from your state or country.

16. do you like homemade gifts: Absolutely

already read books, used patterns, used notions). Not patterns or books, unless it is lodge look or holiday!

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Thousands of bolts, JoAnns, Connecting Threads, Cabela's, Amazon.

20. Other pertinent information:I was a factory seamstress for a decade, then had my own business of sewing from home for years, doing weddings, home interiors, quilts, clothing and just about anything anyone wanted. Disabled now, just quilt a little when I feel well. I love the mountains and go to the family cabin in the good weather months. I am married, I have 2 daughters, and 4 grand kids.

21. Colors around my house: Green, Brown, Red, Tans, Basically nature/fall, lodge look colors.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: I Don't subscribe right now to any.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”