Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.
- Posts: 10934
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:23 pm
This year's theme is a Triple Treat Theme....................
I got a lot of great ideas, so I couldn't pick just one!
So this year, you have three themes to choose from
Pin cushion, placemat or pillowcase!
You can pick one of those items to make for your Elf... or if you're feeling ambitious....all 3.
One pin cushion, 2 pillow cases, or 4 placements!
Now all you Elves..... sorry but you don't get to pick your theme gift!
The Very First rule is TO HAVE FUN. In other words, don't stress over this swap. It's easy! Here's the rules....
2. Sign up Deadline is September 17th
3. Names will be out on/around September 30
4. You may PM me now if you are interested
5. If you are new to Secret Santa... Add your Hints to the
"Hints for Secret Pal & Secret Santa" Topic
6. Teasers are optional.... If your Santa doesn't send you one, please don't feel bad.. I don't want insist that teasers are part of the swap. If you need help with a teaser, let me know!
I normally don't like to put a dollar limit on this swap. I'll just say... stay within your budget. As you read through every one's hints, you'll notice we are all A-Ok with regifted items, stuff from our stash. You don't need to spend a lot of money! IF I was going to give a LIMIT... I would say keep it under $15-20... NO MORE!! This is the MAX... you don't have to SPEND $20.
As time goes on I will post a list of who has signed up. . If you were in last year, and haven't moved, I have your address!
THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THING I want to say is... Remember that this is the season of giving!!! And though this may sound crass, if you are joining to GET a gift... don't! This whole swap started in 2007 because I wanted to GIVE gifts to all the wonderful women I've met here, but there was no way I could send a gift to every one!
The other rules are simple... Be gracious in giving, be kind in your thoughts shared, be thankful, be honored. Give with an open heart. Check out your Elf's hints once I have PM'd you your name. Share some of yourself with your Elf in your gift... in your words, your thoughts and prayers.
Once I have all the names sorted and drawn I will PM you. After that I will snail mail you a card with your Elf's name--keep it in a safe place!
Your package MUST MUST MUST MUST be in the mail NO LATER November 20 !!!!!! As with any swap COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!!!! I beg you to keep in touch with me should a problem arise!!!!
Allowing for 10 days mailing time.. we should all be able to open our gifts around the 5th of December. We can't possibly open all the same day, so if your gift arrives before then... hang on until the 5th and we will begin opening week then. When your gift arrives you may post that you have received.
- Posts: 8397
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:56 am
- Posts: 18489
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 am
- Posts: 561
- Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 am
- Posts: 927
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:22 am
I pm'ed you my information!
- Posts: 4434
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:16 pm
- Posts: 8229
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 4:08 am
I am so ready & excited!!
- Posts: 9038
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:32 pm
- Posts: 18897
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:47 am
Love & hugs
- Posts: 499
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:02 pm